Britney Spears Announced as Cybersmiler of the Month Award Winner for March
Acknowledging that she was subjected to intense media scrutiny as well as criticism from her own family during her teenage years, the singer decided it was time to share some of those painful memories to help others who could relate to her experiences. If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, follow the links to our various support services or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to start using Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
Cybersmile are excited to announce Britney Spears as March’s Cybersmiler of the Month Award winner for recently opening up about her struggles with anxiety and body image that started from an early age. Thanks to Britney’s recent social media posts about the issues – she is helping others who might be facing their own struggles with mental health, letting them know that it is ok to not be ok.
Having become one of the most popular artists of her generation, Britney Spears faced tremendous personal challenges behind-the-scenes as the pressures of fame, and her negative self-image were taking a toll. In several recent Instagram posts, the singer opened up about her body image issues, and shared details of her own experiences with her fans including the role the media played in amplifying problems for her.
Acknowledging that she was subjected to intense media scrutiny as well as criticism from her own family during her teenage years, the singer decided it was time to share some of those painful memories to help others who could relate to her experiences. With rumors of surgical procedures and inappropriate commentary about her physical appearance impacting how she viewed herself – she revealed powerful new revelations about her past that have started a healing process.
Despite the ongoing personal battle she faced for many years, she kept pursuing her passion, and the singer’s recent brave decision to share her insights is already making a difference by helping other young women overcome the challenges they face with how they perceive themselves.
While the singer endured many years of intense scrutiny of her body, how she looked and even her weight, she told her followers on Instagram they should try not to worry about these things and that they can pursue their dreams regardless of what other people think of them.
“If you are happy and have good energy, you are 100% attractive. Happy people draw light and it’s contagious and attractive. God knows the secret to my success was never how beautiful I was.”
Britney Spears, Cybersmiler of the Month
Everybody at Cybersmile would like to say a huge thank you to Britney for her incredible bravery in sharing details of her mental health struggles and body image issues so that other women can feel proud of who they are regardless of their appearance and what other people think of them. You are a true Cybersmiler Britney!
You can explore the Cybersmiler of the Month Award winners Hall of Fame to see a full list of previous recipients and learn more about becoming a brand sponsor of the award here.
If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, we can help you. Visit our Help Center or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to open Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
To learn more about Cybersmile and our work, please explore the following recommendations:
- Who Are Cybersmile?
- People We’ve Helped
- Cybersmile Education Program
- Cybersmile Campaign and Activity Highlights of 2021
- TikTok Star Holly H Announced as Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- Cybersmile Publish National Gen Z Report Exploring the Prevalence and Emotional Impact of Identity-Based Cyberbullying in the U.S.
- Cybersmile Announce Canadian Formula One Driver Nicholas Latifi as New Official Ambassador
- Cybersmile Partners with BT to Launch Education Platform for Young People to Tackle Online Hate
- Mental Health, Wellbeing and Equity Expert Dr Barbara Mariposa Joins Cybersmile Advisory Panel
- Stop Cyberbullying Day 2021 Highlights
- Cybersmile and Urban Decay Launch Changemaker Education and Empowerment Program
- Liverpool & England Star Jordan Henderson and Cybersmile team up for ‘People Not Profiles’ Anti-Cyberbullying Campaign
- Cybersmile and CO. by Colgate Hold Roundtable Event to Raise Awareness of Cyberbullying
- Cybersmile and Instagram Partner to #CreateAKinderEnvironment Online
- Cybersmile and Dragon Mania Legends Team Up to Combat Online Bullying and Celebrate Freedom of Expression
- Latin Music Star Samantha Sanchez Announced as Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- BT Unveils Hope United Shirt to Raise Funds for Cybersmile
- Renowned U.K. Doctor And Wellbeing Expert Dr Radha Modgil Joins Cybersmile Advisory Panel
- Cybersmile Announce Partnership with CO. by Colgate
- Catching Up with Liverpool and England Star Jordan Henderson to Discuss the Problem of Online Abuse
- Cybersmile and Asphalt 9: Legends Launch ‘Get on the ride, own the future’ NFT Fundraising Campaign
- Cybersmile And Instagram Announce ‘Banter or Bullying? No Offence’ Report And Campaign
- Cybersmile Warns of Rise in Cyberbullying Incidents Involving Doctored Images and Deepfake Videos
- Twitter Change Policy to Prohibit the Sharing of Images or Videos of People without Their Permission
- British Government Launch New Online Media Literacy Strategy to Help Internet Users Remain Safe and Informed Online
- Cybersmile Unveil New Website and Brand Identity for Stop Cyberbullying Day
- Instagram Announce New Changes to Protect Users from Abuse
- Cybersmile, Instagram and Cosmopolitan Reunite to Unveil The Positivity Index 2021
- Twitch Introduce New Tools And Guidelines To Tackle Hate Speech And Harassment
- Cybersmile and Ten Toes Media Announce Partnership
- Twitter’s Head of U.K. Public Policy Katy Minshall Talks All Things Safety
- Experts Issue Doomscrolling Warning With Increasing Concerns For Mental Health
- Cybersmile Launch Interactive Learning Modules Focused On Getting The Most From Instagram
- Cybersmile Publish National Digital Wellbeing 2020 Report Focussing On Young People’s Technology-Related Wellbeing
- Twitter Announce New Feature To Tackle Misinformation After Successful Trial
- Cybersmile Launch ‘Think Twice before You Type’ Campaign To Mark Safer Internet Day
- Snapchat Announce The Launch Of Snap Minis To Offer Mental Health Support To Users
- Instagram And Facebook Announce Ban On All Content Promoting LGBT Conversion Therapy
- Cybersmile Help Center
- Managing An Eating Disorder During Lockdown
- Facebook And Instagram Announce New Focus To Combat Racism Online
- Cybersmile Announce Brandon Hendrickson As Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- The Cybersmile Conversation (Allow a few seconds to load, but worth the wait!)
- Cybersmile Campaigns
- What We Do
- Cybersmile Gaming
- Australian Government put Big Tech Companies on Notice to End Online Bullying
- Cybersmile Publishes National Millennial And Gen Z Study Of Attitudes And Perspectives Toward Social Media Platforms
- Snapchat Announce New Mental Health Intervention Feature
- Gaming Help Center
- Study Links Negative Effects Of Cyberbullying With Serious Mental Health Problems Among Young People
- Understanding Social Media And Mental Health
- Corporate Partnership Program
- Cybersmile Newsroom
- Become A Cybersmile Sustainer