Cybersmile and CO. by Colgate Hold Roundtable Event to Raise Awareness of Cyberbullying
The event, featuring actress Alisha Boe and Cybersmile's resident wellbeing and parenting expert Dr. Deborah Gilboa will see meaningful conversation grounded in findings from 'The State of Play Report,' a brand new national report focussing on the prevalence and emotional impact of identity-based cyberbullying on Gen Z in the U.S. published by Cybersmile today. You can download the full State of Play report by clicking the image above. If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, follow the links to our various support services or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to start using Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
Today, in honor of National Bullying Prevention Awareness Month, Cybersmile and CO. by Colgate will hold a roundtable discussion on cyberbullying with actress Alisha Boe and Cybersmile’s resident wellbeing and parenting expert Dr. Deborah Gilboa.
The online event will focus on the prevalence and emotional impact that cyberbullying has on Gen Z, as well as best practices for being a better digital citizen. Meaningful conversation will be grounded in findings from our new Cybersmile study that has been sponsored by CO. by Colgate. The national Cybersmile study entitled ‘The State of Play Report: Gen Z & Identity Based Cyberbullying’ examines how widespread cyberbullying is amongst Gen Z, the identities that are often the targets of bullying and the impact it has on all those who witness it. You can download the full State of Play report here.
“Gen Z has only known a world with smartphones and social media, so their experience of bullying isn’t confined to a classroom nor even four walls. And in a world where 3 out of 5 members of Gen Z (62%) have been a target of online bullying, abuse, and harassment, according to our State of Play Report, it is imperative to teach them how to identify cyberbullying and recognize the potential impact their words and tone can have on others. Programs like CO. by Colgate’s roundtable discussion are essential to providing young people a platform to have these conversations and learn what they can do to help themselves and those around them.”
Scott Freeman, CEO, The Cybersmile Foundation
“CO. by Colgate encourages people to smile brighter, speak up louder, and live their truth boldly, and that’s why it was so important for us to host this conversation with our community,” said Dana Medema, Vice President & General Manager, Oral Care, Colgate-North America. “Our mission with this event is to show how we can play a part in reimagining a healthier future for all—where everyone feels confident to be who they truly are, without fear. CO. by Colgate is proud to team up with The Cybersmile Foundation – especially during National Bullying Prevention Month.”
Cybersmile and CO. believe in an inclusive future where everyone can express themselves freely and live their truth boldly. For every CO. by Colgate product purchased in 2021, $1 will be donated to The Cybersmile Foundation, for a minimum donation of $200,000 and a maximum of $300,000. You can learn more about our partnership with CO. by Colgate here.
Join the Instagram Live Event at 6:00 p.m. EST today and hear from Cybersmile, CO. by Colgate and Alisha Boe. For more information, visit @CO.Colgate and @cybersmilefoundation to learn about identity-based bullying.
If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, we can help you. Visit our Help Center or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to open Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
To learn more about Cybersmile and our work, please explore the following recommendations:
- Who Are Cybersmile?
- People We’ve Helped
- Cybersmile Education Program
- TikTok Star Holly H Announced as Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- Cybersmile Publish National Gen Z Report Exploring the Prevalence and Emotional Impact of Identity-Based Cyberbullying in the U.S.
- Stop Cyberbullying Day 2021 Highlights
- Cybersmile Launches Global Anti-Bullying Campaign in Partnership with Urban Decay Cosmetics
- Liverpool & England Star Jordan Henderson and Cybersmile team up for ‘People Not Profiles’ Anti-Cyberbullying Campaign
- Latin Music Star Samantha Sanchez Announced as Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- BT Unveils Hope United Shirt to Raise Funds for Cybersmile
- Renowned U.K. Doctor And Wellbeing Expert Dr Radha Modgil Joins Cybersmile Advisory Panel
- Cybersmile Announce Partnership with CO. by Colgate
- Catching Up with Liverpool and England Star Jordan Henderson to Discuss the Problem of Online Abuse
- Cybersmile And Instagram Announce ‘Banter or Bullying? No Offence’ Report And Campaign
- British Government Launch New Online Media Literacy Strategy to Help Internet Users Remain Safe and Informed Online
- Cybersmile Unveil New Website and Brand Identity for Stop Cyberbullying Day
- Instagram Announce New Changes to Protect Users from Abuse
- Cybersmile, Instagram and Cosmopolitan Reunite to Unveil The Positivity Index 2021
- Twitch Introduce New Tools And Guidelines To Tackle Hate Speech And Harassment
- Cybersmile and Ten Toes Media Announce Partnership
- Twitter’s Head of U.K. Public Policy Katy Minshall Talks All Things Safety
- Experts Issue Doomscrolling Warning With Increasing Concerns For Mental Health
- Cybersmile Launch Interactive Learning Modules Focused On Getting The Most From Instagram
- Cybersmile Publish National Digital Wellbeing 2020 Report Focussing On Young People’s Technology-Related Wellbeing
- Twitter Announce New Feature To Tackle Misinformation After Successful Trial
- Cybersmile Launch ‘Think Twice before You Type’ Campaign To Mark Safer Internet Day
- Snapchat Announce The Launch Of Snap Minis To Offer Mental Health Support To Users
- Instagram And Facebook Announce Ban On All Content Promoting LGBT Conversion Therapy
- Cybersmile Help Center
- Managing An Eating Disorder During Lockdown
- Facebook And Instagram Announce New Focus To Combat Racism Online
- Cybersmile Announce Brandon Hendrickson As Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- The Cybersmile Conversation (Allow a few seconds to load, but worth the wait!)
- Cybersmile Campaigns
- What We Do
- Cybersmile Gaming
- Australian Government put Big Tech Companies on Notice to End Online Bullying
- Cybersmile Publishes National Millennial And Gen Z Study Of Attitudes And Perspectives Toward Social Media Platforms
- Snapchat Announce New Mental Health Intervention Feature
- Gaming Help Center
- Study Links Negative Effects Of Cyberbullying With Serious Mental Health Problems Among Young People
- Understanding Social Media And Mental Health
- Corporate Partnership Program
- Cybersmile Newsroom
- Become A Cybersmile Sustainer