Cybersmile Launch Interactive Learning Modules Focused on Getting the Most from Instagram
The interactive learning modules have been developed with the support of Instagram and have been designed to educate users of all ages and abilities on topics including how to use the platform’s safety tools, how to build a positive community, how to deal with bullying and how to help other users who might need some extra support. If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, follow the links to our various support services or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to start using Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
We are excited to announce the launch of three newly created interactive learning modules designed to help users get the most from Instagram and understand how best to use the safety tools available to them. The learning modules have been developed with the support of Instagram and have been launched today to mark the start of Anti-Bullying Week.
The new modules titled ‘Using Instagram’s Safety Tools,’ ‘How to Deal With Bullying on Instagram’ and ‘Getting the most from Instagram’ have been designed to deliver an engaging learning experience for users of all ages and abilities.
People accessing the modules will learn a number of important aspects related to getting the most from Instagram including how to use the platform’s safety tools, how to build a positive community, how to deal with bullying and how to help other users who might need some extra support.
“Our partnership with Cybersmile will mean we can give young people across the country important information about our anti-bullying tools, and empower them to set their own rules of communication online. This series of fun and interactive modules is intended to help people get the most out of Instagram and is all part of our efforts to keep the community safe and supported so they feel able to express themselves and explore their interests.”
Kira Wong O’Connor, EMEA Policy Programmes Manager, Instagram
The new modules have been designed to encourage people to think more about supporting and encouraging meaningful conversation and building diverse and inclusive communities. The modules also encourage users to be mindful of other user’s sensitivities and also to be aware of the need for self-care and their own digital wellbeing.
Cybersmile and Instagram are committed to leading the fight against online bullying. Instagram recently announced updates to its suite of anti-bullying tools to include an expansion of the Comment Warning feature, which warns people when they repeatedly try to post potentially offensive comments, and a new AI tool which automatically hides comments similar to those frequently reported for bullying. You can learn more about Instagram’s safety tools here.
“We are proud to have the opportunity to work with Instagram in creating new learning modules for the Cybersmile Education Program. The learning outcomes embedded in our modules will enable more Instagram users to make use of the tools and features designed to keep the spaces we create and have control over – fun, safe and friendly.”
Dan Raisbeck, Co-founder, The Cybersmile Foundation
The new modules serve U.S. and U.K. English language versions depending on the user’s location and have been integrated into our open source education program, which provides completely free education for everybody in key areas such as Digital Civility, Content Authenticity, LGBT & Gender Awareness, Online Safety and more.
If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, we can help you. Visit our Help Center or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to open Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant. To learn more about Cybersmile and our work, please explore the following recommendations:
- Who Are Cybersmile?
- People We’ve Helped
- Cybersmile Education Program
- Britain’s Biggest TikTok Star Holly H Announced As Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- Cybersmile and Instagram Announce ‘Banter or Bullying? No Offence’ Report and Campaign Focused on Offence and Personal Boundaries
- Stop Cyberbullying Day 2020 Encourages Kindness And Acceptance Online
- Cybersmile and Rimmel London Announce Major Update to AI Support Assistant
- Renowned U.K. Doctor And Wellbeing Expert Dr Radha Modgil Joins Cybersmile Advisory Panel
- Experts Issue Doomscrolling Warning With Increasing Concerns For Mental Health
- Cybersmile Publish National Digital Wellbeing 2020 Report Focussing On Young People’s Technology-Related Wellbeing
- Twitter Announce New Feature To Tackle Misinformation After Successful Trial
- Snapchat Announce The Launch Of Snap Minis To Offer Mental Health Support To Users
- Instagram And Facebook Announce Ban On All Content Promoting LGBT Conversion Therapy
- Cybersmile Help Center
- Managing An Eating Disorder During Lockdown
- Facebook And Instagram Announce New Focus To Combat Racism Online
- The Cybersmile Conversation (Allow a few seconds to load, but worth the wait!)
- Cybersmile, Cosmopolitan And Instagram Team Up To Launch The Positivity Index
- Cybersmile Experiences 900% Increase In People Seeking Help For Chatroulette Related Issues
- Cybersmile Offers Free Digital Education And Support In Response To Coronavirus Crisis
- How To Stay Positive During Lockdown And Self-Isoloation
- Cybersmile Campaigns
- What We Do
- Cybersmile Gaming
- New Three-Digit Mental Health Emergency Hotline Set To Launch Across U.S.
- Cybersmile Publishes National Millennial And Gen Z Study Of Attitudes And Perspectives Toward Social Media Platforms
- Snapchat Announce New Mental Health Intervention Feature
- Gaming Help Center
- Study Links Negative Effects Of Cyberbullying With Serious Mental Health Problems Among Young People
- Understanding Social Media And Mental Health
- Corporate Partnership Program
- Cybersmile Newsroom
- Become A Cybersmile Sustainer