BT Unveils Hope United Shirt Sale to Raise Funds for Cybersmile
Football stars including Marcus Rashford, Gareth Bale, Lucy Bronze, Andy Robertson, Jordan Henderson, Ethan Ampadu, Rebecca Sellar and Demi Stokes are among those to feature in the Hope United squad of 20 players managed by Rio Ferdinand and Karen Carney. If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, follow the links to our various support services or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to start using Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
Cybersmile and BT have today announced that following demand from the public on social media, BT has now unveiled limited edition shirts available to buy – to continue the fight against social media abuse and raise money for Cybersmile. The limited edition Hope United shirts will be available to purchase, with all proceeds going to Cybersmile, from Friday 9th July via a link to the BT Shop which will drop on BT_UK social platforms.
Ahead of the UEFA European Championships, BT launched Hope United, a squad of athletes from across the four Home Nations who have come together to unite the nation in tackling online hate. Comprised of male and female players from England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, drawn together by their own experiences of online hate, Hope United aims to drive more support for change and educate the nation on how to protect themselves and be good digital citizens.
The public will now have the chance to pull on the campaign’s recognizable shirts, which have been worn and seen online by football players and notable supporters including pop star Anne-Marie and radio host Roman Kemp. On Friday 9th July a limited number of Hope United shirts will be available at £39.99 each. All of the proceeds will go to Cybersmile!
Football stars including Marcus Rashford, Gareth Bale, Lucy Bronze, Andy Robertson, Jordan Henderson, Ethan Ampadu, Rebecca Sellar and Demi Stokes are among those to feature in squad of 20 players managed by Rio Ferdinand and Karen Carney.
“Everybody at Cybersmile is thrilled to be selected by BT to benefit from sales of the Hope United shirt. BT and Cybersmile share the same goals of an internet where everybody feels free to communicate and express themselves without the fear of bullying, harassment and abuse.”
Scott Freeman, CEO, The Cybersmile Foundation
Pete Jeavons, BT’s marketing communications director, said “It has been fantastic to see the positive response we have had to our campaign against social media abuse, with many people contacting us to ask where they can get a Hope United shirt. As a result, we will be making a limited number of shirts available, with all proceeds being donated to The Cybersmile Foundation. But you’ll need to get in fast and watch out for the first drop on social media today and over the coming weeks!”
Squad members have appeared in BT Tech Tips content – free resources helping to give people the digital skills they need to tackle hate online. These cover the following areas:
- Recognizing hate crime – hate speech is a crime. Cyber bullying runs riot because people don’t think the same rules apply online. It’s never been more important to know your digital rights and responsibilities.
- Being our best selves online – we’ve all commented or shared something online that we later wished we hadn’t. It’s easy to forget that digital actions have lasting, real-world consequences. Learn tips on how to become a better digital citizen.
- Supporting our kids online – children have spent an unprecedented amount of time online this year and it hasn’t all been positive. Learn new tactics to support them becoming better digital citizens.
- Being a good team player online – Victims of cyberbullying are increasingly suffering in silence. We can’t assume people are okay just because they’re behind a screen. Let’s unite to fight hate by actively checking in on friends. Let’s join together and commit to spreading hope.
If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, we can help you. Visit our Help Center or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to open Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
To learn more about Cybersmile and our work, please explore the following recommendations:
- Who Are Cybersmile?
- People We’ve Helped
- Cybersmile Education Program
- TikTok Star Holly H Announced as Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- Stop Cyberbullying Day 2021 Highlights
- Liverpool & England Star Jordan Henderson and Cybersmile team up for ‘People Not Profiles’ Anti-Cyberbullying Campaign
- Latin Music Star Samantha Sanchez Announced as Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- Renowned U.K. Doctor And Wellbeing Expert Dr Radha Modgil Joins Cybersmile Advisory Panel
- Cybersmile Announce Partnership with CO. by Colgate
- Catching Up with Liverpool and England Star Jordan Henderson to Discuss the Problem of Online Abuse
- Cybersmile And Instagram Announce ‘Banter or Bullying? No Offence’ Report And Campaign
- Cybersmile Unveil New Website and Brand Identity for Stop Cyberbullying Day
- Instagram Announce New Changes to Protect Users from Abuse
- Cybersmile, Instagram and Cosmopolitan Reunite to Unveil The Positivity Index 2021
- Twitch Introduce New Tools And Guidelines To Tackle Hate Speech And Harassment
- Cybersmile and Ten Toes Media Announce Partnership
- Twitter’s Head of U.K. Public Policy Katy Minshall Talks All Things Safety
- Experts Issue Doomscrolling Warning With Increasing Concerns For Mental Health
- Cybersmile Launch Interactive Learning Modules Focused On Getting The Most From Instagram
- Cybersmile Publish National Digital Wellbeing 2020 Report Focussing On Young People’s Technology-Related Wellbeing
- Twitter Announce New Feature To Tackle Misinformation After Successful Trial
- Cybersmile Launch ‘Think Twice before You Type’ Campaign To Mark Safer Internet Day
- Snapchat Announce The Launch Of Snap Minis To Offer Mental Health Support To Users
- Instagram And Facebook Announce Ban On All Content Promoting LGBT Conversion Therapy
- Cybersmile Help Center
- Managing An Eating Disorder During Lockdown
- Facebook And Instagram Announce New Focus To Combat Racism Online
- Cybersmile Announce Brandon Hendrickson As Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- The Cybersmile Conversation (Allow a few seconds to load, but worth the wait!)
- Cybersmile Campaigns
- What We Do
- Cybersmile Gaming
- New Report Shows Rise In Severe Cases Of Online Harassment
- Cybersmile Publishes National Millennial And Gen Z Study Of Attitudes And Perspectives Toward Social Media Platforms
- Snapchat Announce New Mental Health Intervention Feature
- Gaming Help Center
- Study Links Negative Effects Of Cyberbullying With Serious Mental Health Problems Among Young People
- Understanding Social Media And Mental Health
- Corporate Partnership Program
- Cybersmile Newsroom
- Become A Cybersmile Sustainer