Cybersmile and Urban Decay Launch Changemaker Education and Empowerment Program
The launch of the Changemaker Program comes as part of a three-year global partnership between The Cybersmile Foundation and Urban Decay which was announced last year. The partnership will educate and empower the Urban Decay community, workforce and wider public to not only remain safe online but also how to use the power of the internet to impact the world in a positive way through considered social media use. If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, follow the links to our various support services or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to start using Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
Cybersmile and Urban Decay have announced the launch of a meaningful education program designed to educate and empower 500,000 internet users with the tools and knowledge to keep themselves and others safe online.
The Changemaker Program launches today and features 6 interactive educational modules and a downloadable changemaker toolkit which will provide internet users of all ages and abilities with everything they need to stay safe online, help others and make use of the power of the internet to support marginalized communities through considered and appropriate allyship.
“We are excited to launch our new Changemaker Program as part of our long-term partnership with Urban Decay. The changemaker curriculum has been designed to educate and empower internet users with the tools they need to utilize the power of the internet and use technology to make a real positive difference to the world.”
Scott Freeman, CEO, The Cybersmile Foundation
The changemaker curriculum consists of the following educational modules and supporting materials:
- Bystander, Upstander or Ally? – Learn about the key roles related to becoming a changemaker.
- Becoming an Upstander – Understand what upstanding is, how to do it safely and why it is so important.
- Allyship on Social Media – Explore what allyship really means and how to be an effective ally online.
- Dealing with Online Bullying – Learn important ways to keep yourself and other people safe on social media.
- Mental Health and Social Media – Explore the relationship between social media and our mental health.
- Becoming a Changemaker – Everything you need to use your social platform to make the world a better place.
- The Changemaker Toolkit – A downloadable toolkit designed to enhance the interactive modules and equip internet users to make a real difference in the world.
The launch of the Changemaker Program comes as part of a three-year global partnership between The Cybersmile Foundation and Urban Decay which was announced in September 2021. The partnership will educate and empower the Urban Decay community, workforce and wider public to not only remain safe online but also how to use the power of the internet to impact the world in a positive way through considered social media use.
“Social media can be such a powerful place for good. A place where we learn from each other. A place where we can be allies together. Unfortunately, it is also a place that gives scale to online bullying, which hurts in real life. This partnership to help educate our community is not just a moment for us, it’s a constant commitment to be changemakers where we can help empower our community to stand up in their difference.”
Malena Higuera, General Manager, Urban Decay Cosmetics
Internet users can access the Changemaker Program and start their journey becoming a changemaker here. Users can also download the Changemaker Toolkit in the resources section of the Cybersmile website.
If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, we can help you. Visit our Help Center or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to open Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
To learn more about Cybersmile and our work, please explore the following recommendations:
- Who Are Cybersmile?
- People We’ve Helped
- Cybersmile Education Program
- Cybersmile Campaign and Activity Highlights of 2021
- TikTok Star Holly H Announced as Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- Cybersmile Publish National Gen Z Report Exploring the Prevalence and Emotional Impact of Identity-Based Cyberbullying in the U.S.
- Stop Cyberbullying Day 2021 Highlights
- Cybersmile Launches Global Anti-Bullying Campaign in Partnership with Urban Decay Cosmetics
- Liverpool & England Star Jordan Henderson and Cybersmile team up for ‘People Not Profiles’ Anti-Cyberbullying Campaign
- Cybersmile and CO. by Colgate Hold Roundtable Event to Raise Awareness of Cyberbullying
- Cybersmile and Instagram Partner to #CreateAKinderEnvironment Online
- Cybersmile and Dragon Mania Legends Team Up to Combat Online Bullying and Celebrate Freedom of Expression
- Latin Music Star Samantha Sanchez Announced as Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- BT Unveils Hope United Shirt to Raise Funds for Cybersmile
- Renowned U.K. Doctor And Wellbeing Expert Dr Radha Modgil Joins Cybersmile Advisory Panel
- Cybersmile Announce Partnership with CO. by Colgate
- Catching Up with Liverpool and England Star Jordan Henderson to Discuss the Problem of Online Abuse
- Cybersmile and Asphalt 9: Legends Launch ‘Get on the ride, own the future’ NFT Fundraising Campaign
- Cybersmile And Instagram Announce ‘Banter or Bullying? No Offence’ Report And Campaign
- Cybersmile Warns of Rise in Cyberbullying Incidents Involving Doctored Images and Deepfake Videos
- Twitter Change Policy to Prohibit the Sharing of Images or Videos of People without Their Permission
- British Government Launch New Online Media Literacy Strategy to Help Internet Users Remain Safe and Informed Online
- Cybersmile Unveil New Website and Brand Identity for Stop Cyberbullying Day
- Instagram Announce New Changes to Protect Users from Abuse
- Cybersmile, Instagram and Cosmopolitan Reunite to Unveil The Positivity Index 2021
- Twitch Introduce New Tools And Guidelines To Tackle Hate Speech And Harassment
- Cybersmile and Ten Toes Media Announce Partnership
- Twitter’s Head of U.K. Public Policy Katy Minshall Talks All Things Safety
- Experts Issue Doomscrolling Warning With Increasing Concerns For Mental Health
- Cybersmile Launch Interactive Learning Modules Focused On Getting The Most From Instagram
- Cybersmile Publish National Digital Wellbeing 2020 Report Focussing On Young People’s Technology-Related Wellbeing
- Twitter Announce New Feature To Tackle Misinformation After Successful Trial
- Cybersmile Launch ‘Think Twice before You Type’ Campaign To Mark Safer Internet Day
- Snapchat Announce The Launch Of Snap Minis To Offer Mental Health Support To Users
- Instagram And Facebook Announce Ban On All Content Promoting LGBT Conversion Therapy
- Cybersmile Help Center
- Managing An Eating Disorder During Lockdown
- Facebook And Instagram Announce New Focus To Combat Racism Online
- Cybersmile Announce Brandon Hendrickson As Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- The Cybersmile Conversation (Allow a few seconds to load, but worth the wait!)
- Cybersmile Campaigns
- What We Do
- Cybersmile Gaming
- Australian Government put Big Tech Companies on Notice to End Online Bullying
- Cybersmile Publishes National Millennial And Gen Z Study Of Attitudes And Perspectives Toward Social Media Platforms
- Snapchat Announce New Mental Health Intervention Feature
- Gaming Help Center
- Study Links Negative Effects Of Cyberbullying With Serious Mental Health Problems Among Young People
- Understanding Social Media And Mental Health
- Corporate Partnership Program
- Cybersmile Newsroom
- Become A Cybersmile Sustainer