Cybersmile Announce Partnership with CO. by Colgate on Stop Cyberbullying Day
Today, in honor of Stop Cyberbullying Day, Cybersmile and CO. by Colgate announce the launch of a partnership to raise awareness of online bullying and its impact on the lives of many young people. CO. by Colgate will donate $1 for every product purchased in 2021 to Cybersmile, committing to a minimum donation of $200,000 and a maximum of $300,000.
Both founded on the values of inclusivity and authentic self-expression, CO. by Colgate and Cybersmile envision a world where everyone can express themselves freely; when we can express ourselves freely, we smile more. Yet research conducted by Cybersmile and CO. by Colgate shows cyberbullying is a significant barrier to confident self-expression – with 73% of Gen Z stating they have seen somebody targeted with online abuse, bullying or harassment for how they express their individuality or identity.* CO. by Colgate aims to help change this reality by supporting our work through financial contributions and by raising awareness around cyberbullying on CO.’s social media platforms.
“Cyberbullying is a longstanding issue that impacts people’s confidence in their smile: new research has found that 77% of Gen Z* have felt self-conscious posting a selfie online because of their teeth or smile. We are proud to support the work of The Cybersmile Foundation to build a safer, more inclusive future for Gen-Z and all online users.”
Dana Medema, Vice President & General Manager, Oral Care, Colgate North America
To extend the conversation beyond Stop Cyberbullying Day, Cybersmile and CO. by Colgate will continue to raise awareness of cyberbullying throughout the year and will publish a Cybersmile report sponsored by CO. by Colgate titled “The State of Play Report: Gen Z & Identity Based Cyberbullying.” The report will center on the prevalence of cyberbullying on Gen Z and its emotional impact, with a particular focus on the intersection of cyberbullying and ableness, race, skin tone, religious affiliation, individual identity, gender identity, and sexual orientation. Findings from the report will inform a series of best-practice recommendations for dealing with cyberbullying and reporting identity-based abuse and hate-speech on a platform-by-platform basis; it will also help guide Cybersmile’s ongoing work and support services.
“Stop Cyberbullying Day is a very important day for The Cybersmile Foundation as we dedicate our work to promote kindness, diversity and inclusion by building a safer, more positive digital community. We are pleased to have CO. by Colgate as a partner, a brand that champions all people to share their authentic selves with the world and live their truth boldly.”
Scott Freeman, CEO, The Cybersmile Foundation
Join us on social media at @cybersmilefoundation and @CO.Colgate to help promote a more inclusive and positive online community where everyone can smile brighter and bolder.
If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, we can help you. Visit our Help Center or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to open Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
To learn more about Cybersmile and our work, please explore the following recommendations:
- Who Are Cybersmile?
- People We’ve Helped
- Cybersmile Education Program
- TikTok Star Holly H Announced As Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- Cybersmile Campaign And Activity Highlights From 2020
- Liverpool & England Star Jordan Henderson and Cybersmile team up for ‘People Not Profiles’ Anti-Cyberbullying Campaign
- Renowned Doctor And Wellbeing Expert Dr Radha Modgil Joins Cybersmile Advisory Panel
- Cybersmile And Instagram Announce ‘Banter or Bullying? No Offence’ Report And Campaign
- Cybersmile Unveil New Website and Brand Identity for Stop Cyberbullying Day
- TikTok Announce New Feature to Combat Cyberbullying and Abuse
- Instagram Announce New Changes to Protect Users from Abuse
- Cybersmile, Instagram and Cosmopolitan Reunite to Unveil The Positivity Index 2021
- Twitch Introduce New Tools And Guidelines To Tackle Hate Speech And Harassment
- Experts Issue Doomscrolling Warning With Increasing Concerns For Mental Health
- Cybersmile Launch Interactive Learning Modules Focused On Getting The Most From Instagram
- Cybersmile Publish National Digital Wellbeing 2020 Report Focussing On Young People’s Technology-Related Wellbeing
- Twitter Announce New Feature To Tackle Misinformation After Successful Trial
- Cybersmile Launch ‘Think Twice before You Type’ Campaign To Mark Safer Internet Day
- Snapchat Announce The Launch Of Snap Minis To Offer Mental Health Support To Users
- Instagram And Facebook Announce Ban On All Content Promoting LGBT Conversion Therapy
- Cybersmile Help Center
- Managing An Eating Disorder During Lockdown
- Facebook And Instagram Announce New Focus To Combat Racism Online
- Cybersmile Announce Brandon Hendrickson As Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- The Cybersmile Conversation (Allow a few seconds to load, but worth the wait!)
- Cybersmile Experiences 900% Increase In People Seeking Help For Chatroulette Related Issues
- Cybersmile Offers Free Digital Education And Support In Response To Coronavirus Crisis
- How To Stay Positive During Lockdown And Self-Isoloation
- Cybersmile Campaigns
- What We Do
- Cybersmile Gaming
- New Report Shows Rise In Severe Cases Of Online Harassment
- Cybersmile Publishes National Millennial And Gen Z Study Of Attitudes And Perspectives Toward Social Media Platforms
- Snapchat Announce New Mental Health Intervention Feature
- Gaming Help Center
- Study Links Negative Effects Of Cyberbullying With Serious Mental Health Problems Among Young People
- Understanding Social Media And Mental Health
- Corporate Partnership Program
- Cybersmile Newsroom
- Become A Cybersmile Sustainer
*All figures are from Persky. Total sample size was 1,090 individuals 16-24. Fieldwork was undertaken between June 3 2021 and June 4 2021. The survey was carried out online.
How amazing is this partnership?!! Share your thoughts by contacting us or tweet us @CybersmileHQ.