Cybersmile Partners with BT to Launch Education Platform for Young People to Tackle Online Hate
To mark the launch of the education platform, Cybersmile and BT will deliver a series of roadshow events for 10-18-year-olds across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. The live events will focus on three key areas: Why Hope Beats Hate, The Impact of Online Abuse and Digital Self-Care. If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, follow the links to our various support services or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to start using Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
Cybersmile and BT have announced a new partnership to tackle online hate, bullying and abuse through the launch of a new online education platform and a series of live events for young people. New modules will be made available for free from today and can be accessed here.
Through BT’s Lead Partner status with the Home Nation FAs, a roadshow will kick off the new platform with eight workshops for 10–18-year-olds in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. The workshops feature special guests and also build on BT’s Hope United initiative – which launched last year bringing together a diverse team of football players to tackle online hate in order to address the impact it can have on young people, and what can be done to combat it. The roadshow begins with workshops in Northern Ireland on 13 February, moving on to Scotland on 20/21 February then Wales on 26/27 February before concluding in England in March/April.
“Everybody at Cybersmile is proud and excited to be working with BT to educate and positively impact young people across the U.K. on a range of key issues. Cybersmile believes that education and awareness are key to changing behaviours and potentially saving lives, which this initiative has been designed to do.”
Scott Freeman, CEO, The Cybersmile Foundation
The Hope United Roadshow is the latest activation from BT’s ‘4-3-3’ strategy – a five year sponsorship plan that’s using technology and innovation in footballing communities across the UK to help change the lives of millions of players, coaches and fans.
The roadshow content comprises of three modules developed by The Cybersmile Foundation focusing on upskilling users and educating them on how to be good digital citizens. The modules will include content specific to each Home Nation and will focus on the following key topics:
- Why Hope Beats Hate: Find out how it can heal, empower, unite, inspire and save people.
- The Impact of Online Abuse: The implications of online abuse and how everyone can be a better digital citizen.
- Digital Self-Care: Discover how to look after mental and physical wellbeing by keeping a healthy balance between online and offline lives.
“Working alongside Cybersmile has allowed us to continue the vital work that Hope United kickstarted last year: to tackle the online hatred and cyberbullying that is sadly part of everyday life. We’re also incredibly excited to further support grassroots football communities across the UK as part of our long-term partnerships with the four UK home nations football associations to up-skill millions of players, coaches and fans.”
Pete Jeavons, Marketing Communications Director, BT
The Hope United Roadshow will also contribute towards BT’s digital skills target to provide 25 million people with the skills they need to make the most of life in the digital world. In line with BT’s purpose to Connect for Good and through its partnership with Cybersmile, the new initiative aims to help more people across the nation have the skills they need to stay connected, tackle the digital divide and support the UK’s economic recovery.
If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, we can help you. Visit our Help Center or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to open Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
To learn more about Cybersmile and our work, please explore the following recommendations:
- Who Are Cybersmile?
- People We’ve Helped
- Cybersmile Education Program
- Cybersmile Campaign and Activity Highlights of 2021
- TikTok Star Holly H Announced as Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- Cybersmile Publish National Gen Z Report Exploring the Prevalence and Emotional Impact of Identity-Based Cyberbullying in the U.S.
- Stop Cyberbullying Day 2021 Highlights
- Cybersmile and Urban Decay Launch Changemaker Education and Empowerment Program
- Liverpool & England Star Jordan Henderson and Cybersmile team up for ‘People Not Profiles’ Anti-Cyberbullying Campaign
- Cybersmile and CO. by Colgate Hold Roundtable Event to Raise Awareness of Cyberbullying
- Cybersmile and Instagram Partner to #CreateAKinderEnvironment Online
- Cybersmile and Dragon Mania Legends Team Up to Combat Online Bullying and Celebrate Freedom of Expression
- Latin Music Star Samantha Sanchez Announced as Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- BT Unveils Hope United Shirt to Raise Funds for Cybersmile
- Renowned U.K. Doctor And Wellbeing Expert Dr Radha Modgil Joins Cybersmile Advisory Panel
- Cybersmile Announce Partnership with CO. by Colgate
- Catching Up with Liverpool and England Star Jordan Henderson to Discuss the Problem of Online Abuse
- Cybersmile and Asphalt 9: Legends Launch ‘Get on the ride, own the future’ NFT Fundraising Campaign
- Cybersmile And Instagram Announce ‘Banter or Bullying? No Offence’ Report And Campaign
- Cybersmile Warns of Rise in Cyberbullying Incidents Involving Doctored Images and Deepfake Videos
- Twitter Change Policy to Prohibit the Sharing of Images or Videos of People without Their Permission
- British Government Launch New Online Media Literacy Strategy to Help Internet Users Remain Safe and Informed Online
- Cybersmile Unveil New Website and Brand Identity for Stop Cyberbullying Day
- Instagram Announce New Changes to Protect Users from Abuse
- Cybersmile, Instagram and Cosmopolitan Reunite to Unveil The Positivity Index 2021
- Twitch Introduce New Tools And Guidelines To Tackle Hate Speech And Harassment
- Cybersmile and Ten Toes Media Announce Partnership
- Twitter’s Head of U.K. Public Policy Katy Minshall Talks All Things Safety
- Experts Issue Doomscrolling Warning With Increasing Concerns For Mental Health
- Cybersmile Launch Interactive Learning Modules Focused On Getting The Most From Instagram
- Cybersmile Publish National Digital Wellbeing 2020 Report Focussing On Young People’s Technology-Related Wellbeing
- Twitter Announce New Feature To Tackle Misinformation After Successful Trial
- Cybersmile Launch ‘Think Twice before You Type’ Campaign To Mark Safer Internet Day
- Snapchat Announce The Launch Of Snap Minis To Offer Mental Health Support To Users
- Instagram And Facebook Announce Ban On All Content Promoting LGBT Conversion Therapy
- Cybersmile Help Center
- Managing An Eating Disorder During Lockdown
- Facebook And Instagram Announce New Focus To Combat Racism Online
- Cybersmile Announce Brandon Hendrickson As Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- The Cybersmile Conversation (Allow a few seconds to load, but worth the wait!)
- Cybersmile Campaigns
- What We Do
- Cybersmile Gaming
- Australian Government put Big Tech Companies on Notice to End Online Bullying
- Cybersmile Publishes National Millennial And Gen Z Study Of Attitudes And Perspectives Toward Social Media Platforms
- Snapchat Announce New Mental Health Intervention Feature
- Gaming Help Center
- Study Links Negative Effects Of Cyberbullying With Serious Mental Health Problems Among Young People
- Understanding Social Media And Mental Health
- Corporate Partnership Program
- Cybersmile Newsroom
- Become A Cybersmile Sustainer