Mental Health, Wellbeing and Equity Expert Dr Barbara Mariposa Joins Cybersmile Advisory Panel
Cybersmile and Dr Barbara recently launched their #CreateAKinderInternet campaign in partnership with Instagram which educated and encouraged young people to treat others online with kindness and respect. The campaign featured a number of inspiring content creators such as Dr Alex George, Megan Jayne Crabbe and Nikki Lilly. If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, follow the links to our various support services or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to start using Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
Cybersmile have announced renowned mental health and wellbeing expert, spokesperson and author Dr Barbara Mariposa as the newest addition to the charity’s panel of internal experts.
As a medical doctor with a background in psychiatry and public health, Dr Barbara, whos books include The Mindfulness Playbook, The Kindness Habit, and Leading with Presence works internationally to follow a life-long enquiry into the interdependence of body, emotion, mind and environment. The new Cybersmile panel member works to dismantle all forms of discrimination and inequity while learning and spreading the tools of personal growth and wellbeing to create environments and systems that do justice to our shared humanity.
Launched in 2017, the charity’s advisory panel includes a range of world-renowned thought leaders in areas such as research, internet safety, mental health, parenting, gaming, sports and personal wellbeing. The international panel members play a key role in the development and facilitation of the organization’s education programs, support services, research projects and awareness campaigns.
“Everybody at Cybersmile is honored to welcome Dr Barbara to our expert advisory panel. Her depth of experience and understanding in tackling such important issues as racism, discrimination, inequity and mental health will help Cybersmile continue our crucial mission towards a truly inclusive internet where everybody has equal opportunity to learn, communicate, express themselves and socialize without fear.”
Dan Raisbeck, Co-Founder, The Cybersmile Foundation
Recently, Dr Barbara has been working in the corporate sector to eradicate stigma around mental illness – bringing the “how to do it” of mental and emotional wellbeing into the workplace, uniting multiple understandings of what it is to be human and underpinning all of this in science.
“It’s a privilege to be invited on to Cybersmile’s advisory board whose work to counteract online bullying is something I wholeheartedly endorse. Social media platforms are an integral part of our daily lives now. By educating people on the safe usage of these platforms Cybersmile is not just actively working to minimize and stamp out the potential for harm that misuse of these platforms can have, but is also spreading a vital universal message of kindness, mutual understanding and empathy.”
Dr Barbara Mariposa
Cybersmile and Dr Barbara recently launched their #CreateAKinderInternet campaign in partnership with Instagram which educated and encouraged young people to treat others online with kindness and respect. The campaign featured a number of inspiring content creators such as Dr Alex George, Megan Jayne Crabbe and Nikki Lilly.
If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, we can help you. Visit our Help Center or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to open Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
To learn more about Cybersmile and our work, please explore the following recommendations:
- Who Are Cybersmile?
- People We’ve Helped
- Cybersmile Education Program
- Cybersmile Campaign and Activity Highlights of 2021
- TikTok Star Holly H Announced as Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- Cybersmile Publish National Gen Z Report Exploring the Prevalence and Emotional Impact of Identity-Based Cyberbullying in the U.S.
- Cybersmile Partners with BT to Launch Education Platform for Young People to Tackle Online Hate
- Stop Cyberbullying Day 2021 Highlights
- Cybersmile and Urban Decay Launch Changemaker Education and Empowerment Program
- Liverpool & England Star Jordan Henderson and Cybersmile team up for ‘People Not Profiles’ Anti-Cyberbullying Campaign
- Cybersmile and CO. by Colgate Hold Roundtable Event to Raise Awareness of Cyberbullying
- Cybersmile and Instagram Partner to #CreateAKinderEnvironment Online
- Cybersmile and Dragon Mania Legends Team Up to Combat Online Bullying and Celebrate Freedom of Expression
- Latin Music Star Samantha Sanchez Announced as Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- BT Unveils Hope United Shirt to Raise Funds for Cybersmile
- Renowned U.K. Doctor And Wellbeing Expert Dr Radha Modgil Joins Cybersmile Advisory Panel
- Cybersmile Announce Partnership with CO. by Colgate
- Catching Up with Liverpool and England Star Jordan Henderson to Discuss the Problem of Online Abuse
- Cybersmile and Asphalt 9: Legends Launch ‘Get on the ride, own the future’ NFT Fundraising Campaign
- Cybersmile And Instagram Announce ‘Banter or Bullying? No Offence’ Report And Campaign
- Cybersmile Warns of Rise in Cyberbullying Incidents Involving Doctored Images and Deepfake Videos
- Twitter Change Policy to Prohibit the Sharing of Images or Videos of People without Their Permission
- British Government Launch New Online Media Literacy Strategy to Help Internet Users Remain Safe and Informed Online
- Cybersmile Unveil New Website and Brand Identity for Stop Cyberbullying Day
- Instagram Announce New Changes to Protect Users from Abuse
- Cybersmile, Instagram and Cosmopolitan Reunite to Unveil The Positivity Index 2021
- Twitch Introduce New Tools And Guidelines To Tackle Hate Speech And Harassment
- Cybersmile and Ten Toes Media Announce Partnership
- Twitter’s Head of U.K. Public Policy Katy Minshall Talks All Things Safety
- Experts Issue Doomscrolling Warning With Increasing Concerns For Mental Health
- Cybersmile Launch Interactive Learning Modules Focused On Getting The Most From Instagram
- Cybersmile Publish National Digital Wellbeing 2020 Report Focussing On Young People’s Technology-Related Wellbeing
- Twitter Announce New Feature To Tackle Misinformation After Successful Trial
- Cybersmile Launch ‘Think Twice before You Type’ Campaign To Mark Safer Internet Day
- Snapchat Announce The Launch Of Snap Minis To Offer Mental Health Support To Users
- Instagram And Facebook Announce Ban On All Content Promoting LGBT Conversion Therapy
- Cybersmile Help Center
- Managing An Eating Disorder During Lockdown
- Facebook And Instagram Announce New Focus To Combat Racism Online
- Cybersmile Announce Brandon Hendrickson As Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- The Cybersmile Conversation (Allow a few seconds to load, but worth the wait!)
- Cybersmile Campaigns
- What We Do
- Cybersmile Gaming
- Australian Government put Big Tech Companies on Notice to End Online Bullying
- Cybersmile Publishes National Millennial And Gen Z Study Of Attitudes And Perspectives Toward Social Media Platforms
- Snapchat Announce New Mental Health Intervention Feature
- Gaming Help Center
- Study Links Negative Effects Of Cyberbullying With Serious Mental Health Problems Among Young People
- Understanding Social Media And Mental Health
- Corporate Partnership Program
- Cybersmile Newsroom
- Become A Cybersmile Sustainer