Cybersmile and Dragon Mania Legends Team Up to Combat Online Bullying and Celebrate Freedom of Expression
The Wake your Inner Dragon campaign will run from November 4 - 18th or until Dragon Mania Legends reaches their €45,000 goal. Participating make-up influencers will unleash their inner-dragons by using make-up based on a special in-game dragon that players can purchase with all profit (after platform fees) being donated to Cybersmile. The influencers will then encourage their online communities to ‘unleash their inner dragons’ and celebrate their own individual beauty by doing the same. If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, follow the links to our various support services or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to start using Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
Cybersmile have announced the launch of an awareness and fundraising campaign in partnership with Gameloft’s popular mobile game, Dragon Mania Legends. The campaign launch coincides with International Day Against Violence and Bullying and aims to raise €45,000 for Cybersmile.
The innovative Wake your Inner Dragon campaign will see Cybersmile and Dragon Mania Legends collaborate with six popular make-up influencers to raise awareness of online bullying and celebrate freedom of expression while raising vital funds for education and support services for those in need.
“We are excited to be involved in such a creative and meaningful campaign alongside Dragon Mania Legends. This Wake your Inner Dragon campaign carries a very important and powerful message – that we are all unique and that we should all try to embrace and celebrate our own individuality without feeling the need to conform to societal norms.”
Dan Raisbeck, Co-founder, The Cybersmile Foundation
Participating make-up influencers will unleash their inner-dragons by using make-up based on a special in-game dragon that players can purchase with all profit (after platform fees) being donated to Cybersmile. The influencers will then encourage their online communities to ‘unleash their inner dragons’ and celebrate their own individual beauty by doing the same.
“Gameloft has always celebrated the values of inclusivity and authenticity within our organization, for players, and for all peoples worldwide,” said Botond Szalacsi, Game Manager of Dragon Mania Legends. “By partnering with The Cybersmile Foundation, it has allowed us to more tangibly act on these values and step up against issues of bullying and harassment. We hope we can play a part in players ‘waking up their Inner Dragon’ and live their lives with authenticity and pride.”
Participating influencers are:
The campaign will run from November 4 – 18th or until Dragon Mania Legends reaches their €45,000 goal. To kick off the campaign, Dragon Mania Legends will make an initial contribution of €15,000 to help ensure that the target is achieved.
If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, we can help you. Visit our Help Center or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to open Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
To learn more about Cybersmile and our work, please explore the following recommendations:
- Who Are Cybersmile?
- People We’ve Helped
- Cybersmile Education Program
- TikTok Star Holly H Announced as Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- Cybersmile Publish National Gen Z Report Exploring the Prevalence and Emotional Impact of Identity-Based Cyberbullying in the U.S.
- Stop Cyberbullying Day 2021 Highlights
- Cybersmile Launches Global Anti-Bullying Campaign in Partnership with Urban Decay Cosmetics
- Liverpool & England Star Jordan Henderson and Cybersmile team up for ‘People Not Profiles’ Anti-Cyberbullying Campaign
- Cybersmile and CO. by Colgate Hold Roundtable Event to Raise Awareness of Cyberbullying
- Latin Music Star Samantha Sanchez Announced as Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- BT Unveils Hope United Shirt to Raise Funds for Cybersmile
- Renowned U.K. Doctor And Wellbeing Expert Dr Radha Modgil Joins Cybersmile Advisory Panel
- Cybersmile Announce Partnership with CO. by Colgate
- Catching Up with Liverpool and England Star Jordan Henderson to Discuss the Problem of Online Abuse
- Cybersmile And Instagram Announce ‘Banter or Bullying? No Offence’ Report And Campaign
- British Government Launch New Online Media Literacy Strategy to Help Internet Users Remain Safe and Informed Online
- Cybersmile Unveil New Website and Brand Identity for Stop Cyberbullying Day
- Instagram Announce New Changes to Protect Users from Abuse
- Cybersmile, Instagram and Cosmopolitan Reunite to Unveil The Positivity Index 2021
- Twitch Introduce New Tools And Guidelines To Tackle Hate Speech And Harassment
- Cybersmile and Ten Toes Media Announce Partnership
- Twitter’s Head of U.K. Public Policy Katy Minshall Talks All Things Safety
- Experts Issue Doomscrolling Warning With Increasing Concerns For Mental Health
- Cybersmile Launch Interactive Learning Modules Focused On Getting The Most From Instagram
- Cybersmile Publish National Digital Wellbeing 2020 Report Focussing On Young People’s Technology-Related Wellbeing
- Twitter Announce New Feature To Tackle Misinformation After Successful Trial
- Cybersmile Launch ‘Think Twice before You Type’ Campaign To Mark Safer Internet Day
- Snapchat Announce The Launch Of Snap Minis To Offer Mental Health Support To Users
- Instagram And Facebook Announce Ban On All Content Promoting LGBT Conversion Therapy
- Cybersmile Help Center
- Managing An Eating Disorder During Lockdown
- Facebook And Instagram Announce New Focus To Combat Racism Online
- Cybersmile Announce Brandon Hendrickson As Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- The Cybersmile Conversation (Allow a few seconds to load, but worth the wait!)
- Cybersmile Campaigns
- What We Do
- Cybersmile Gaming
- Australian Government put Big Tech Companies on Notice to End Online Bullying
- Cybersmile Publishes National Millennial And Gen Z Study Of Attitudes And Perspectives Toward Social Media Platforms
- Snapchat Announce New Mental Health Intervention Feature
- Gaming Help Center
- Study Links Negative Effects Of Cyberbullying With Serious Mental Health Problems Among Young People
- Understanding Social Media And Mental Health
- Corporate Partnership Program
- Cybersmile Newsroom
- Become A Cybersmile Sustainer