Cybersmile Announce Formula One Driver Nicholas Latifi as New Official Ambassador
Latifi, who drives for the Williams Formula One team, stepped forward to officially support Cybersmile following an incident at the 2021 Grand Prix in Abu Dhabi which resulted in a torrent of online abuse that included death threats. Committed to having a powerful social impact together, Nicholas and Cybersmile will announce further details of the work they will undertake together in the coming weeks, once Formula One pre-season testing has concluded. If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, follow the links to our various support services or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to start using Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
Cybersmile are excited to announce Canadian Formula One driver Nicholas Latifi as our newest official ambassador. The popular Formula One driver joins a number of existing celebrities, public figures and content creators who share Cybersmile’s vision for a kinder, safer and more inclusive internet.
Latifi, who drives for the Williams Formula One team, stepped forward to officially support Cybersmile following an incident at the 2021 Grand Prix in Abu Dhabi which resulted in a torrent of online abuse that included death threats.
Nicholas spoke publicly about his experience and received an overwhelmingly positive response from F1 fans, fellow drivers and other public figures around the world. This personal experience and public reaction inspired him to do all he can to make the online world a safer place.
“I’m proud to be supporting the great work that The Cybersmile Foundation is doing on an international scale. My own personal experience of online abuse was unpleasant and unsettling, but I’m one of the lucky ones that has a strong support network of family and friends around me. There are lots of people that often have to face cyberbullying and online abuse alone, or don’t have the knowledge of how to effectively deal with a situation and regain control. For me, that’s a situation that has to change. I’m determined to do what I can to help – especially around efforts to promote kindness, diversity and inclusion.”
Nicholas Latifi, Cybersmile Ambassador
“We’re super excited to announce Nicholas as a Cybersmile ambassador and to start making a real impact together. I know Nicholas is really passionate about the power and importance of kindness and empathy online, and he speaks authentically from his own personal experience. Cybersmile offer a range of services to help prevent problems online as well as help people deal with them should they occur. We are excited to work with Nicholas to help support our mission and raise awareness of the help available to those affected.”
Scott Freeman, CEO, The Cybersmile Foundation
Nicholas and Cybersmile will announce further details of the work they will undertake together in the coming weeks, once Formula One pre-season testing has concluded.
If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, we can help you. Visit our Help Center or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to open Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
To learn more about Cybersmile and our work, please explore the following recommendations:
- Who Are Cybersmile?
- People We’ve Helped
- Cybersmile Education Program
- Cybersmile Campaign and Activity Highlights of 2021
- TikTok Star Holly H Announced as Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- Cybersmile Publish National Gen Z Report Exploring the Prevalence and Emotional Impact of Identity-Based Cyberbullying in the U.S.
- Cybersmile Partners with BT to Launch Education Platform for Young People to Tackle Online Hate
- Mental Health, Wellbeing and Equity Expert Dr Barbara Mariposa Joins Cybersmile Advisory Panel
- Stop Cyberbullying Day 2021 Highlights
- Cybersmile and Urban Decay Launch Changemaker Education and Empowerment Program
- Liverpool & England Star Jordan Henderson and Cybersmile team up for ‘People Not Profiles’ Anti-Cyberbullying Campaign
- Cybersmile and CO. by Colgate Hold Roundtable Event to Raise Awareness of Cyberbullying
- Cybersmile and Instagram Partner to #CreateAKinderEnvironment Online
- Cybersmile and Dragon Mania Legends Team Up to Combat Online Bullying and Celebrate Freedom of Expression
- Latin Music Star Samantha Sanchez Announced as Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- BT Unveils Hope United Shirt to Raise Funds for Cybersmile
- Renowned U.K. Doctor And Wellbeing Expert Dr Radha Modgil Joins Cybersmile Advisory Panel
- Cybersmile Announce Partnership with CO. by Colgate
- Catching Up with Liverpool and England Star Jordan Henderson to Discuss the Problem of Online Abuse
- Cybersmile and Asphalt 9: Legends Launch ‘Get on the ride, own the future’ NFT Fundraising Campaign
- Cybersmile And Instagram Announce ‘Banter or Bullying? No Offence’ Report And Campaign
- Cybersmile Warns of Rise in Cyberbullying Incidents Involving Doctored Images and Deepfake Videos
- Twitter Change Policy to Prohibit the Sharing of Images or Videos of People without Their Permission
- British Government Launch New Online Media Literacy Strategy to Help Internet Users Remain Safe and Informed Online
- Cybersmile Unveil New Website and Brand Identity for Stop Cyberbullying Day
- Instagram Announce New Changes to Protect Users from Abuse
- Cybersmile, Instagram and Cosmopolitan Reunite to Unveil The Positivity Index 2021
- Twitch Introduce New Tools And Guidelines To Tackle Hate Speech And Harassment
- Cybersmile and Ten Toes Media Announce Partnership
- Twitter’s Head of U.K. Public Policy Katy Minshall Talks All Things Safety
- Experts Issue Doomscrolling Warning With Increasing Concerns For Mental Health
- Cybersmile Launch Interactive Learning Modules Focused On Getting The Most From Instagram
- Cybersmile Publish National Digital Wellbeing 2020 Report Focussing On Young People’s Technology-Related Wellbeing
- Twitter Announce New Feature To Tackle Misinformation After Successful Trial
- Cybersmile Launch ‘Think Twice before You Type’ Campaign To Mark Safer Internet Day
- Snapchat Announce The Launch Of Snap Minis To Offer Mental Health Support To Users
- Instagram And Facebook Announce Ban On All Content Promoting LGBT Conversion Therapy
- Cybersmile Help Center
- Managing An Eating Disorder During Lockdown
- Facebook And Instagram Announce New Focus To Combat Racism Online
- Cybersmile Announce Brandon Hendrickson As Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- The Cybersmile Conversation (Allow a few seconds to load, but worth the wait!)
- Cybersmile Campaigns
- What We Do
- Cybersmile Gaming
- Australian Government put Big Tech Companies on Notice to End Online Bullying
- Cybersmile Publishes National Millennial And Gen Z Study Of Attitudes And Perspectives Toward Social Media Platforms
- Snapchat Announce New Mental Health Intervention Feature
- Gaming Help Center
- Study Links Negative Effects Of Cyberbullying With Serious Mental Health Problems Among Young People
- Understanding Social Media And Mental Health
- Corporate Partnership Program
- Cybersmile Newsroom
- Become A Cybersmile Sustainer