Liverpool & England Footballer Jordan Henderson and Cybersmile team up for ‘People Not Profiles’ Anti-Cyberbullying Campaign
The 'People Not Profiles' campaign will see a number of posts shared across multiple social media platforms submitted for inclusion by the general public as well as contributions from Jordan Henderson and a number of other high-profile athletes across a range of demographics. If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, follow the links to our various support services or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to start using Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant. Photo courtesy of Liverpool Football Club.
Cybersmile are proud to announce that we have joined forces with Liverpool Football Club captain and England player, Jordan Henderson, to launch a powerful new anti-cyberbullying campaign designed to raise awareness of the impact of online abuse while providing direct access to Cybersmile education and support resources.
Launching today, the ‘People Not Profiles’ campaign will see Jordan hand over total control of his social media channels to our team at Cybersmile, who will feature a series of first-hand accounts and examples of cyberbullying as well as powerful insights into the various ways that internet users can be affected by the problem. The campaign will see a number of posts shared across multiple social media platforms submitted for inclusion by the general public as well as contributions from Jordan Henderson and a number of other high-profile athletes across a range of demographics.
“Everybody at Cybersmile is honored to be working alongside Jordan on this important campaign, designed to serve as a reminder that behind social media profiles there are real people with real feelings. By effectively utilizing Jordan’s powerful platform, we will be reaching millions of people with behavior-changing insights into the effects that cyberbullying and online abuse has on people’s lives, as well as offering potentially life-saving access to crucial advice and support services.”
Dan Raisbeck, Co-founder, The Cybersmile Foundation
In addition to raising awareness of the devastating impact that online abuse and cyberbullying can have, the campaign will also reach millions of people across Cybersmile and Jordan Henderson’s social media channels with direct access to our open-source education program and information relating to support services available to them.
Interactive educational modules will be promoted throughout the campaign and will include engaging learning opportunities on topics such as Using Instagram’s Safety Tools, Positive Gaming, Digital Civility, Online Safety and many more.
“I partnered with Cybersmile for the People Not Profiles campaign because the problem of online abuse is continuing to destroy lives every day. It has been great working with Cybersmile to address such an important issue and it is my hope that this campaign raises awareness of how seriously online abuse can affect people and also lets people know there is help and support available to them.”
The campaign will run for a number of weeks and will be featured on Cybersmile’s and Jordan Henderson’s Instagram, Facebook and Twitter – all driving content to raise awareness of the severity of the issue while providing support and education options to millions of people online.
If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, we can help you. Visit our Help Center or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to open Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
To learn more about Cybersmile and our work, please explore the following recommendations:
- Who Are Cybersmile?
- People We’ve Helped
- Cybersmile Education Program
- Britain’s Biggest TikTok Star Holly H Announced As Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- Cybersmile Campaign And Activity Highlights From 2020
- Cybersmile And Nerds Team Up To Launch Nerds World Within Nintendo’s Animal Crossing
- Renowned U.K. Doctor And Wellbeing Expert Dr Radha Modgil Joins Cybersmile Advisory Panel
- Cybersmile And Instagram Announce ‘Banter or Bullying? No Offence’ Report And Campaign
- Study Shows 32% Of Parents Consider Cyberbullying As The Main Concern For Their Child’s Wellbeing
- Cybersmile, Instagram and Cosmopolitan Reunite to Unveil The Positivity Index 2021
- Twitch Introduce New Tools And Guidelines To Tackle Hate Speech And Harassment
- Experts Issue Doomscrolling Warning With Increasing Concerns For Mental Health
- Cybersmile Launch Interactive Learning Modules Focused On Getting The Most From Instagram
- Cybersmile Publish National Digital Wellbeing 2020 Report Focussing On Young People’s Technology-Related Wellbeing
- Twitter Announce New Feature To Tackle Misinformation After Successful Trial
- Cybersmile Launch ‘Think Twice before You Type’ Campaign To Mark Safer Internet Day
- Snapchat Announce The Launch Of Snap Minis To Offer Mental Health Support To Users
- Instagram And Facebook Announce Ban On All Content Promoting LGBT Conversion Therapy
- Cybersmile Help Center
- Managing An Eating Disorder During Lockdown
- Facebook And Instagram Announce New Focus To Combat Racism Online
- Cybersmile Announce Brandon Hendrickson As Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- The Cybersmile Conversation (Allow a few seconds to load, but worth the wait!)
- Cybersmile Experiences 900% Increase In People Seeking Help For Chatroulette Related Issues
- Cybersmile Offers Free Digital Education And Support In Response To Coronavirus Crisis
- How To Stay Positive During Lockdown And Self-Isoloation
- Cybersmile Campaigns
- What We Do
- Cybersmile Gaming
- New Report Shows Rise In Severe Cases Of Online Harassment
- Cybersmile Publishes National Millennial And Gen Z Study Of Attitudes And Perspectives Toward Social Media Platforms
- Snapchat Announce New Mental Health Intervention Feature
- Gaming Help Center
- Study Links Negative Effects Of Cyberbullying With Serious Mental Health Problems Among Young People
- Understanding Social Media And Mental Health
- Corporate Partnership Program
- Cybersmile Newsroom
- Become A Cybersmile Sustainer