Cybersmile Launches Anti-Bullying Campaign in Partnership with Urban Decay Cosmetics
Throughout the 3-year partnership, The Cybersmile Foundation and Urban Decay Cosmetics will work closely to develop education resources for important issues including cyberbullying, mental health and digital wellbeing – all designed to ensure the brand’s community is always a welcoming, inclusive and safe space. If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, follow the links to our various support services or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to start using Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
Cybersmile are proud to announce the launch of “Online Bullying Hurts IRL,” a global initiative that pledges to bring deeper awareness to the personal toll of online bullying and promote digital wellbeing. We will be working closely with Urban Decay as part of a 3-year partnership to guide and educate the brand’s consumers, fans and corporate community across the brand’s website and social channels.
The core of this global initiative is to recognize the very tangible and negative impacts that result from both seemingly innocent teasing to very severe, obvious bullying. Cybersmile and Urban Decay Cosmetics will be working together to help make the Internet and social media a space that is safe for all – educating its consumers, fans and employees to recognize the signs, responsibly intervene and positively change the conversation.
As part of the campaign, Cybersmile and Urban Decay Cosmetics will be partnering with select influencers to share personal stories of their experiences with online bullying. Fans and followers will be encouraged to comment a heart emoji on these posts to show their support. For each heart shared on the brand’s Instagram post, Urban Decay Cosmetics will donate $1 to the The Cybersmile Foundation to support our mission, up to a $150,000 donation through September 24th.
“It is within the core DNA of Urban Decay Cosmetics that we celebrate what makes us unique, challenging the social norms of beauty. We encourage beauty to be real, unexpected, and most importantly, a tool for unleashing our most authentic selves. Everyone should have the equal right to enjoy a connected world where we feel free and safe to express our individuality.”
Cheryl Vitali, Global President of L’Oréal Luxe Brands
In an Urban Decay survey of over 1,000 respondents based in the United States, 55% have noted they’ve felt afraid to express who they are because of the fear of online bullying. Additionally, 76% of those who shared they’ve experienced online bullying noted the harassment was targeted based on their appearance.
“We can tackle cyberbullying and celebrate the uniqueness and individuality within each of us. We are a brand that has always championed what makes us different, and we want to encourage that no one should diminish what makes them beautifully different in the face of a bully,” says Urban Decay Cosmetics Founding Partner Wende Zomnir.
“Cybersmile is proud and excited to partner with Urban Decay Cosmetics to tackle the growing problem of cyberbullying and online abuse on a global level. This partnership will enable us to positively impact huge numbers of people with hope, education and support for a wide range of issues affecting people online. We look forward to working together to highlight that we can all be changemakers in some capacity while empowering people to deal with cyberbullying effectively and confidently as an intended target and bystander.”
Scott Freeman, CEO, The Cybersmile Foundation
Throughout the 3-year partnership, The Cybersmile Foundation and Urban Decay Cosmetics will work closely to develop education resources for important issues including cyberbullying, mental health and digital wellbeing – all designed to ensure the brand’s community is always a welcoming, inclusive and safe space.
If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, we can help you. Visit our Help Center or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to open Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
To learn more about Cybersmile and our work, please explore the following recommendations:
- Who Are Cybersmile?
- People We’ve Helped
- Cybersmile Education Program
- TikTok Star Holly H Announced as Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- Stop Cyberbullying Day 2021 Highlights
- Liverpool & England Star Jordan Henderson and Cybersmile team up for ‘People Not Profiles’ Anti-Cyberbullying Campaign
- Latin Music Star Samantha Sanchez Announced as Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- BT Unveils Hope United Shirt to Raise Funds for Cybersmile
- Renowned U.K. Doctor And Wellbeing Expert Dr Radha Modgil Joins Cybersmile Advisory Panel
- Cybersmile Announce Partnership with CO. by Colgate
- Catching Up with Liverpool and England Star Jordan Henderson to Discuss the Problem of Online Abuse
- Cybersmile And Instagram Announce ‘Banter or Bullying? No Offence’ Report And Campaign
- Cybersmile Unveil New Website and Brand Identity for Stop Cyberbullying Day
- Instagram Announce New Changes to Protect Users from Abuse
- Cybersmile, Instagram and Cosmopolitan Reunite to Unveil The Positivity Index 2021
- Twitch Introduce New Tools And Guidelines To Tackle Hate Speech And Harassment
- Cybersmile and Ten Toes Media Announce Partnership
- Twitter’s Head of U.K. Public Policy Katy Minshall Talks All Things Safety
- Experts Issue Doomscrolling Warning With Increasing Concerns For Mental Health
- Cybersmile Launch Interactive Learning Modules Focused On Getting The Most From Instagram
- Cybersmile Publish National Digital Wellbeing 2020 Report Focussing On Young People’s Technology-Related Wellbeing
- Twitter Announce New Feature To Tackle Misinformation After Successful Trial
- Cybersmile Launch ‘Think Twice before You Type’ Campaign To Mark Safer Internet Day
- Snapchat Announce The Launch Of Snap Minis To Offer Mental Health Support To Users
- Instagram And Facebook Announce Ban On All Content Promoting LGBT Conversion Therapy
- Cybersmile Help Center
- Managing An Eating Disorder During Lockdown
- Facebook And Instagram Announce New Focus To Combat Racism Online
- Cybersmile Announce Brandon Hendrickson As Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- The Cybersmile Conversation (Allow a few seconds to load, but worth the wait!)
- Cybersmile Campaigns
- What We Do
- Cybersmile Gaming
- New Report Shows Rise In Severe Cases Of Online Harassment
- Cybersmile Publishes National Millennial And Gen Z Study Of Attitudes And Perspectives Toward Social Media Platforms
- Snapchat Announce New Mental Health Intervention Feature
- Gaming Help Center
- Study Links Negative Effects Of Cyberbullying With Serious Mental Health Problems Among Young People
- Understanding Social Media And Mental Health
- Corporate Partnership Program
- Cybersmile Newsroom
- Become A Cybersmile Sustainer