Camila Cabello Announced as July’s Cybersmiler of the Month Award Winner
Camila has long been an advocate for the importance of a body confident mindset. Having experienced negative body shaming first-hand throughout her career, Camila's latest inspirational message has already been viewed over 30 million times! If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, follow the links to our various support services or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to start using Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
We are thrilled to announce singer and actress Camila Cabello as the winner of the coveted Cybersmiler of the Month Award for the month of July, for her outstanding work in promoting body confidence and self-appreciation – encouraging her fans and the broader public to love, appreciate and celebrate their authentic selves.
The former Fifth Harmony singer and star of upcoming movie ‘Cinderella’ has long been an advocate of a body positive mindset. Having experienced negative body shaming comments herself in the media in 2019 she has spoken of the need to normalize unfiltered views of young women’s bodies and to reject unrealistic beauty standards, saying, “The saddest part of young girls growing up in an airbrushed world is they’re seeking a perfection that’s not real.”
Her latest message of support came this week as she posted a TikTok video with the comment ‘I luv my body’ to her 12.1 million followers. In the video she talks about being made to feel insecure and self-conscious after realising she was exposing cellulite on her bare stomach while going for a run. In an inspiring message of support, she went on to tell her fans, “But then I reminded myself being at war with your body is so last season. I am grateful for this body that lets me do what I need to do. We are real women with curves and cellulite and stretch marks and fat. And we gotta own that, baby.” The video has been a huge hit online with over 26 million views to date.
“Body shaming can have a devastating impact on people’s lives. Camila’s inspiring work to promote a body positive mindset resonates with millions of young people – many of whom might otherwise be at risk of being drawn into distorted self-image comparisons on social media. Cybersmile are grateful to Camila for her ongoing work in this important area.”
Dan Raisbeck, Co-founder, The Cybersmile Foundation
Camila’s honest and open “I luv my body” video, posted by the “Señorita” singer has been received well by her fans, with thousands of comments from her followers thanking her for being such a great role model and inspiration. She also shot the video with no makeup just to drive home the message of authentic unfiltered self-appreciation.
Everyone at Cybersmile would like to say a huge WELL DONE to Camila for promoting such inspirational and important messaging to those that need it most – Camila, you are a true Cybersmiler!
You can explore the Cybersmiler of the Month Award winners Hall of Fame to see a full list of previous recipients and learn more about becoming a brand sponsor of the award here.
If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, we can help you. Visit our Help Center or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to open Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
To learn more about Cybersmile and our work, please explore the following recommendations:
- Who Are Cybersmile?
- People We’ve Helped
- Cybersmile Education Program
- TikTok Star Holly H Announced as Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- Stop Cyberbullying Day 2021 Highlights
- Liverpool & England Star Jordan Henderson and Cybersmile team up for ‘People Not Profiles’ Anti-Cyberbullying Campaign
- Latin Music Star Samantha Sanchez Announced as Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- BT Unveils Hope United Shirt to Raise Funds for Cybersmile
- Renowned U.K. Doctor And Wellbeing Expert Dr Radha Modgil Joins Cybersmile Advisory Panel
- Cybersmile Announce Partnership with CO. by Colgate
- Catching Up with Liverpool and England Star Jordan Henderson to Discuss the Problem of Online Abuse
- Cybersmile And Instagram Announce ‘Banter or Bullying? No Offence’ Report And Campaign
- Cybersmile Unveil New Website and Brand Identity for Stop Cyberbullying Day
- Instagram Announce New Changes to Protect Users from Abuse
- Cybersmile, Instagram and Cosmopolitan Reunite to Unveil The Positivity Index 2021
- Twitch Introduce New Tools And Guidelines To Tackle Hate Speech And Harassment
- Cybersmile and Ten Toes Media Announce Partnership
- Twitter’s Head of U.K. Public Policy Katy Minshall Talks All Things Safety
- Experts Issue Doomscrolling Warning With Increasing Concerns For Mental Health
- Cybersmile Launch Interactive Learning Modules Focused On Getting The Most From Instagram
- Cybersmile Publish National Digital Wellbeing 2020 Report Focussing On Young People’s Technology-Related Wellbeing
- Twitter Announce New Feature To Tackle Misinformation After Successful Trial
- Cybersmile Launch ‘Think Twice before You Type’ Campaign To Mark Safer Internet Day
- Snapchat Announce The Launch Of Snap Minis To Offer Mental Health Support To Users
- Instagram And Facebook Announce Ban On All Content Promoting LGBT Conversion Therapy
- Cybersmile Help Center
- Managing An Eating Disorder During Lockdown
- Facebook And Instagram Announce New Focus To Combat Racism Online
- Cybersmile Announce Brandon Hendrickson As Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- The Cybersmile Conversation (Allow a few seconds to load, but worth the wait!)
- Cybersmile Campaigns
- What We Do
- Cybersmile Gaming
- New Report Shows Rise In Severe Cases Of Online Harassment
- Cybersmile Publishes National Millennial And Gen Z Study Of Attitudes And Perspectives Toward Social Media Platforms
- Snapchat Announce New Mental Health Intervention Feature
- Gaming Help Center
- Study Links Negative Effects Of Cyberbullying With Serious Mental Health Problems Among Young People
- Understanding Social Media And Mental Health
- Corporate Partnership Program
- Cybersmile Newsroom
- Become A Cybersmile Sustainer