Cybersmile Campaign and Activity Highlights of 2020
Over the last twelve months, the Cybersmile community has exceeded 1.3 million followers across all Cybersmile social media channels. With more people than ever before accessing our AI support service and interactive education program, 2020 has reminded us that our scalable and sustainable programs are crucial for effective provision of support and education services. For further information about any activity mentioned below, follow the links throughout this article to the appropriate pages. If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, follow the links to our various support services or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to start using Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
We want to start this review of 2020 by saying a huge thank you to everybody involved in making it such an impactful year. We would like to say thank you to our amazing volunteers, corporate partners, official Ambassadors, media partners, donors, supporting organizations, governments, content creators and of course our community of Cybersmilers who tirelessly promote our mission for an inclusive internet all over the world!
2020 saw Cybersmile reach, educate and support more people than ever before. As we look ahead to 2021, we are excited to continue promoting our mission for a truly inclusive internet through thought-provoking awareness campaigns while providing meaningful education and support to all those in need – regardless of age or location.
Cybersmile Education Program Launched
Cybersmile launched an exciting new interactive education program offering a curriculum that covers a wide range of topics including mental health, online safety, cyberbullying, digital wellbeing and many more.
The program is part of Cybersmile’s ongoing commitment to providing completely free and open-source learning opportunities for users of all ages and abilities – wherever they are in the world.
Cybersmile, Instagram & Cosmopolitan Positivity Index Published
Cybersmile, Instagram and Cosmopolitan teamed up to create The Positivity Index – an ultimate list of people striving to make the world of social media a better place.
The Positivity Index is a list of twenty-five game-changing bloggers, influencers and activists from all walks of life who have been empowering and inspiring others on social media during 2020.
Cybersmile Launched New Resources For Inclusive Gaming
2020 saw Cybersmile expand their resources to facilitate and support inclusive online gaming.
Cybersmile developed a wide range of resources that not only educate and prepare new and young gamers for the expectations and realities of playing video games online, but also equip gamers and content creators of all ages and abilities with the necessary tools to facilitate an inclusive environment while getting the most out of gaming and streaming.
Stop Cyberbullying Day 2020
Stop Cyberbullying Day 2020 saw millions of people around the world join brands, thought leaders, educators, governments and non-profit organisations come together to celebrate and promote a truly inclusive internet.
Supporting brands and organizations for 2020 included Instagram, Twitter, Samsung, NERDS, UNICEF, Hockey Canada, Zoella, Cadbury, TELUS, Telenor and many more!
Cybersmile Published Digital Wellbeing 2020 Report
Cybersmile published a meaningful national report focusing on the digital wellbeing of young people in the U.K.
The Digital Wellbeing 2020 report explores important areas such as smartphone addiction, parental support, screen-time and other key indicators identified by Cybersmile as areas of potential risk to young people’s mental and physical wellbeing.
WWE Superstar ‘Nikki Cross’ Announced as an official Cybersmile Ambassador
Cybersmile announced Nicola Glencross aka WWE Superstar ‘Nikki Cross’ as an official Cybersmile Ambassador.
Nikki is the first ever Two-Time Women’s World Tag Team Champion and has a powerful online community of well over a million followers across her social media channels.
Renowned Doctor and Wellbeing Expert Dr Radha Appointed to Cybersmile Advisory Panel
Mental health and wellbeing expert Dr Radha Modgil joined a host of international experts from the fields of research, medicine, parenting, gaming and online safety by becoming the newest member of the Cybersmile Advisory Panel – ensuring Cybersmile remain at the forefront of digital wellbeing related issues around the world.
Britain’s Biggest TikTok Star Holly H Named as official Cybersmile Ambassador
2020 saw Cybersmile announce social media star Holly H as an official Cybersmile Ambassador.
Holly H, also known as Holly Hubert, has a powerful audience of almost 20 million followers across TikTok, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter. Holly’s content and approach to social media is one that champions inclusivity and respect, and has seen her videos amass billions of views.
Cybersmile and Instagram Launched Anti-Bullying Week Campaign and Banter or Bullying? No Offence Research Report
Cybersmile and Instagram worked together for a second year to explore the nature of offence and personal boundaries through meaningful research and creative campaigns.
As part of this year’s campaign, Cybersmile and Instagram worked with several social media influencers, content creators and wellbeing experts including Dr Radha, Chunkz, Holly H, Chessie King and Olimata.
Cybersmile and NERDS Launched NERDS World within Nintendo’s Animal Crossing
Cybersmile and NERDS teamed up to launch NERDS World, an interactive experience within Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
Once inside NERDS World, players were able to explore and engage in activities on the island by themselves or with others. NERDS World also served as a support system and was equipped with convenient access to Cybersmile’s innovative AI support assistant.
Be sure you stay tuned for even more exciting campaigns and announcements during 2021! For more information about Cybersmile and the work we do, please explore the following recommendations:
- Who Are Cybersmile?
- People We’ve Helped
- Cybersmile Education Program
- Britain’s Biggest TikTok Star Holly H Announced As Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- Cybersmile And Nerds Team Up To Launch Nerds World Within Nintendo’s Animal Crossing
- Renowned U.K. Doctor And Wellbeing Expert Dr Radha Modgil Joins Cybersmile Advisory Panel
- Cybersmile And Instagram Announce ‘Banter or Bullying? No Offence’ Report And Campaign
- Twitch Introduce New Tools And Guidelines To Tackle Hate Speech And Harassment
- Experts Issue Doomscrolling Warning With Increasing Concerns For Mental Health
- Cybersmile Launch Interactive Learning Modules Focused On Getting The Most From Instagram
- Cybersmile Publish National Digital Wellbeing 2020 Report Focussing On Young People’s Technology-Related Wellbeing
- Twitter Announce New Feature To Tackle Misinformation After Successful Trial
- Snapchat Announce The Launch Of Snap Minis To Offer Mental Health Support To Users
- Instagram And Facebook Announce Ban On All Content Promoting LGBT Conversion Therapy
- Cybersmile Help Center
- Managing An Eating Disorder During Lockdown
- Facebook And Instagram Announce New Focus To Combat Racism Online
- The Cybersmile Conversation (Allow a few seconds to load, but worth the wait!)
- Cybersmile, Cosmopolitan And Instagram Team Up To Launch The Positivity Index
- Cybersmile Experiences 900% Increase In People Seeking Help For Chatroulette Related Issues
- Cybersmile Offers Free Digital Education And Support In Response To Coronavirus Crisis
- How To Stay Positive During Lockdown And Self-Isoloation
- Cybersmile Campaigns
- What We Do
- Cybersmile Gaming
- New Three-Digit Mental Health Emergency Hotline Set To Launch Across U.S.
- Cybersmile Publishes National Millennial And Gen Z Study Of Attitudes And Perspectives Toward Social Media Platforms
- Snapchat Announce New Mental Health Intervention Feature
- Gaming Help Center
- Study Links Negative Effects Of Cyberbullying With Serious Mental Health Problems Among Young People
- Understanding Social Media And Mental Health
- Corporate Partnership Program
- Cybersmile Newsroom
- Become A Cybersmile Sustainer