Lili Reinhart Wins Cybersmiler Of The Month Award for August
As well as speaking out about her own personal experiences with mental health and cyberbullying, Lili has also called out for more mental health related education to be taught in schools. If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, follow the links to our various support services or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to start using Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
We are thrilled to announce actress and author, Lili Reinhart as our Cybersmiler of the Month Award winner for August. Lili, who joins a host of previous winners including John legend and Lady Gaga has been selected for her outstanding courage in opening up publicly about her own experiences with mental health, depression, anxiety and cyberbullying.
Lili, who has starred in TV shows including Hustlers and Netflix’s Riverdale, has spoken out publicly about her personal struggles with depression and anxiety in her personal life, as well as how she has had to deal with online abuse and cyberbullying.
Lili opened up in the hope that by sharing her own story, she will empower and inspire people to talk more openly about their own mental wellbeing. With a community of over 30 million on social media – that is a huge amount of people being empowered and inspired!
As well as speaking out about her own personal experiences with mental health and cyberbullying, Lili has also called out for more mental health related education in schools.
“We talk about physical education in school but we don’t talk about mental health and it’s something that’s so relevant and important – it should be taught in every school, in every health class. Oftentimes it can be the most important aspect of your life, your outlook and how you process things. So, it’s important for me to talk about it, to hopefully encourage people to normalise the conversation about mental health, to make it not such a taboo concept or such a weird thing to talk about. I think it’s a very human thing, and it should be treated as such.”
Lili Reinhart, Cybersmiler of the Month
Everybody at Cybersmile thinks Lili thoroughly deserves this Cybersmiler of the Month Award for her bravery in opening up about her personal struggles – well done Lili!
You can explore the Cybersmiler of the Month Award winners Hall of Fame to see a full list of previous recipients and learn more about becoming a brand sponsor of the award here.
If you are affected by anything touched on within this article or any kind of negativity online, we can help you. Visit our Help Center or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to open Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant. To learn more about Cybersmile and our work, please explore the following recommendations:
- Who Are Cybersmile?
- People We’ve Helped
- Stop Cyberbullying Day 2020 Encourages Kindness And Acceptance Online
- Catching Up With Claire Lim aka Wee Claire To Discuss WeeCon 2020
- Renowned U.K. Doctor And Wellbeing Expert Dr Radha Modgil Joins Cybersmile Advisory Panel
- Cybersmile Publish National Digital Wellbeing 2020 Report Focussing On Young People’s Technology-Related Wellbeing
- Concerns Raised Over Eating Disorder Content On TikTok
- Snapchat Announce The Launch Of Snap Minis To Offer Mental Health Support To Users
- Instagram And Facebook Announce Ban On All Content Promoting LGBT Conversion Therapy
- Nicola Glencross AKA WWE Superstar ‘Nikki Cross’ Announced As Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- Cybersmile Help Center
- Managing An Eating Disorder During Lockdown
- Facebook And Instagram Announce New Focus To Combat Racism Online
- The Cybersmile Conversation (Allow a few seconds to load, but worth the wait!)
- Cybersmile, Cosmopolitan And Instagram Team Up To Launch The Positivity Index
- Cybersmile Experiences 900% Increase In People Seeking Help For Chatroulette Related Issues
- Experts Around The World Warn Parents To Be Vigilant As Cyberbullying Increases During Lockdown
- Body Confidence Influencer Chessie King Announced As Official Cybersmile Ambassador And Media Spokesperson
- Cybersmile Offers Free Digital Education And Support In Response To Coronavirus Crisis
- How To Stay Positive During Lockdown And Self-Isoloation
- Cybersmile Campaigns
- What We Do
- Cybersmile Gaming
- New Three-Digit Mental Health Emergency Hotline Set To Launch Across U.S.
- Catching Up With Zoe Sugg To Discuss Life Online
- Cybersmile And Instagram Announce Anti-Bullying Campaign: Banter or Bullying?
- Cybersmile Publishes National Millennial And Gen Z Study Of Attitudes And Perspectives Toward Social Media Platforms
- Snapchat Announce New Mental Health Intervention Feature
- Gaming Help Center
- Study Links Negative Effects Of Cyberbullying With Serious Mental Health Problems Among Young People
- Understanding Social Media And Mental Health
- Corporate Partnership Program
- Cybersmile Newsroom
- Become A Cybersmile Sustainer