Lady Gaga Wins Cybersmiler of the Month Award for April
Lady Gaga opened the live event with a rendition of “Smile” and was joined for the next eight hours by artists including Billie Eilish, Sam Smith, Pharrell Williams and many more. If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, follow the links to our various support services or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to start using Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
Cybersmiler of the Month Award time is upon us once again, and this months’ winner is certainly no stranger to winning awards!
We are proud to announce Lady Gaga as April’s Cybersmiler of the Month Award winner for working alongside Global Citizen and bringing together a selection of eye-watering talent for One World: Together At Home, an online fundraising concert for the global COVID-19 emergency relief fund.
“Today I’m so happy that we are one world, together at home. I feel very honored to be a part of the World Health Organization and Global Citizen in the fight against COVID-19 and raising money for the Solidarity Response Fund.”
Lady Gaga, Cybersmiler of the Month
The epic eight-hour online concert was organized by Global Citizen and Lady Gaga in support of the World Health Organization, raising an incredible $127 million which has been split between the WHO’s COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund ($55m), while over $72m will go to other crisis support charities including food banks and housing providers.
Lady Gaga, real name, Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, opened the live event with a rendition of “Smile” and was joined for the next eight hours by artists and singers from around the world, all performing from home. Stars joining in the event included Billie Eilish, Elton John, Billie Joe Armstrong, Taylor Swift, Paul McCartney and the Rolling Stones, to name a few!
“The One World event made a huge difference to the millions of people around the world facing lockdown. Not only has it demonstrated the internet and connectivity at its most powerful – it also raised desperately needed funds for those on the front line in the fight against COVID-19.”
Dan Raisbeck, Co-founder, The Cybersmile Foundation
Everybody at Cybersmile would like to send out a huge congratulations to Lady Gaga for winning April’s Cybersmiler of the Month Award and an even bigger THANK YOU for creating this memorable event!
You can explore the Cybersmiler of the Month Award winners Hall of Fame to see a full list of previous recipients and learn more about becoming a brand sponsor of the award here.
If you are affected by anything touched on within this article or any kind of negativity online, we can help you. Visit our Help Center or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to open Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant. To learn more about Cybersmile and our work, please explore the following recommendations:
- Who Are Cybersmile?
- People We’ve Helped
- Cybersmile 2019 Campaign And Activity Highlights
- Cybersmile Help Center
- The Cybersmile Conversation (Allow a few seconds to load, but worth the wait!)
- Online Hate Targeting Asian People Spikes As Coronavirus Crisis Deepens
- Cybersmile, Cosmopolitan And Instagram Team Up To Launch The Positivity Index
- Experts Around The World Warn Parents To Be Vigilant As Cyberbullying Increases During Lockdown
- Body Confidence Influencer Chessie King Announced As Official Cybersmile Ambassador And Media Spokesperson
- Cybersmile Offers Free Digital Education And Support In Response To Coronavirus Crisis
- How To Stay Positive During Lockdown And Self-Isoloation
- Studies Reveal Stark Contrast Between Teenage Male And Female Cyberbullying Incidents
- Cybersmile Campaigns
- Cybersmile Publishes National Banter Or Bullying? Research Report
- What We Do
- Cybersmile Gaming
- New Three-Digit Mental Health Emergency Hotline Set To Launch Across U.S.
- Cybersmile Launch New Gaming Resources With The Support Of Mixer, Microsoft’s Game Streaming Platform
- Catching Up With Zoe Sugg To Discuss Life Online
- Cybersmile And Instagram Announce Anti-Bullying Campaign: Banter or Bullying?
- Cybersmile Publishes National Millennial And Gen Z Study Of Attitudes And Perspectives Toward Social Media Platforms
- Cybersmile And Nerds Candy Announce New International Partnership
- Stop Cyberbullying Day 2019 Highlights
- Snapchat Announce New Mental Health Intervention Feature
- Gaming Help Center
- Study Links Negative Effects Of Cyberbullying With Serious Mental Health Problems Among Young People
- Understanding Social Media And Mental Health
- Corporate Partnership Program
- Cybersmile Newsroom
- Become A Cybersmile Sustainer
Did you see the concert? Let us know your thoughts on the event by contacting us or tweet us @CybersmileHQ.