John Legend Announced As Cybersmiler Of The Month Award Winner For March
John took things to a whole new level with his at-home concert during the lockdown and we felt he deserved some recognition for his efforts! If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, follow the links to our various support services or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to start using Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
We are delighted to announce singer-songwriter John Legend as our Cybersmiler of the Month Award winner for March, recognizing his outstanding work in entertaining people during the global lockdown.
Not happy to just sit watching paint dry while the virus pandemic disrupts the world, John decided to set up a live-streamed concert at his home along with a host of other stars including Coldplay singer Chris Martin as part of the #TogetherAtHome initiative.
On March 17th, John broadcasted his performance from his home on Instagram Live, with 90,000 fans tuning in to participate in the positive and uplifting performance. During the broadcast his wife Chrissy Teigen joined in, wearing a fluffy bath gown to add some lighthearted humor between the songs along with the couple’s 3-year-old daughter. The trio also sang a version of Beauty and the Beast’s theme song.
“Social distancing is important, but that doesn’t mean it has to be boring. I did a little at-home performance to help lift your spirits.”
John Legend, Cybersmiler of the Month
John joins a host of previous winners who have gone above and beyond to make the world a better place. Previous Cybersmiler of the Month Award winners include the likes of Pink, Selena Gomez and Dwayne Johnson to name a few.
John performed some of his greatest hits and lifted the spirits of viewers as people around the world struggle with the necessary measures to combat the virus outbreak. Since the concert was broadcast, it has accumulated over 3 million views and 16,000 comments on Instagram with nearly 1 million views on YouTube.
We think that John is a very worthy Cybersmiler of the Month Award winner and that his amazing performance is a wonderful reminder of how music can unify, inspire and help people through even the most challenging times.
You can explore the Cybersmiler of the Month Award winners Hall of Fame to see a full list of previous recipients and learn more about becoming a brand sponsor of the award here.
If you are affected by anything touched on within this article or any kind of negativity online, we can help you. Visit our Help Center or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to open Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant. To learn more about Cybersmile and our work, please explore the following recommendations:
- Who Are Cybersmile?
- People We’ve Helped
- Cybersmile 2019 Campaign And Activity Highlights
- Cyberbullying And Online Abuse Help Center
- The Cybersmile Conversation (Allow a few seconds to load, but worth the wait!)
- Online Hate Targeting Asian People Spikes As Coronavirus Crisis Deepens
- Cybersmile, Cosmopolitan And Instagram Team Up To Launch The Positivity Index
- Body Confidence Influencer Chessie King Announced As Official Cybersmile Ambassador And Media Spokesperson
- Cybersmile Offers Free Digital Education And Support In Response To Coronavirus Crisis
- Cybersmile And Ingenuity London Announce Official PR Partnership For Cybersmile’s U.K. Activities
- Studies Reveal Stark Contrast Between Teenage Male And Female Cyberbullying Incidents
- Cybersmile Campaigns
- Cybersmile Publishes National Banter Or Bullying? Research Report
- What We Do
- Cybersmile Gaming
- New Three-Digit Mental Health Emergency Hotline Set To Launch Across U.S.
- Cybersmile Launch New Gaming Resources With The Support Of Mixer, Microsoft’s Game Streaming Platform
- Catching Up With Zoe Sugg To Discuss Life Online
- Cybersmile And Instagram Announce Anti-Bullying Campaign: Banter or Bullying?
- Cybersmile Publishes National Millennial And Gen Z Study Of Attitudes And Perspectives Toward Social Media Platforms
- Cybersmile And Nerds Candy Announce New International Partnership
- Stop Cyberbullying Day 2019 Highlights
- Snapchat Announce New Mental Health Intervention Feature
- Gaming Help Center
- Study Links Negative Effects Of Cyberbullying With Serious Mental Health Problems Among Young People
- Understanding Social Media And Mental Health
- Cybersmile Wins Gold At Cannes Lions For Body Positivity Campaign
- Cybersmile To Make All Educational Workshops Completely Free For Everybody
- Corporate Partnership Program
- Cybersmile Newsroom
- Become A Cybersmile Sustainer