Cybersmile, Cosmopolitan And Instagram Team Up To Launch The Positivity Index
The Positivity Index is published in the May issue of Cosmopolitan, alongside tips from those featured on balancing the digital world with real life, and what it truly means to be happy. If you or anybody you know are affected by anything touched on within this article, follow the links to our various support services or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to start using Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
We are excited to announce that we have teamed up with Cosmopolitan and Instagram to bring you The Positivity Index, our ultimate list of people striving to make the world of social media a better place.
Today we’ve revealed our list of 25 game-changing bloggers, influencers and activists from all walks of life who have been empowering and inspiring others on social media. These include positivity champion Callie Thorpe, broadcaster and presenter Clara Amfo, Little Mix star Jesy Nelson, educator and disability activist Sinéad Burke and basketball player, poet and campaigner Asma Elbadawi.
“We are proud to work alongside Instagram and Cosmopolitan on the Positivity Index, celebrating all those people who make Instagram a supportive and inclusive space. We want everyone to have a positive experience online and during these uncertain times initiatives like this are so important to help people do that.”
Scott Freeman, CEO, The Cybersmile Foundation
The Positivity Index is published in the May issue of Cosmopolitan (on-sale today), alongside tips from those featured on balancing the digital world with real life, and what it truly means to be happy.
“Spreading positivity feels more important than ever right now. The Positivity Index, in partnership with Instagram and Cybersmile, aims to celebrate those people putting good things into the world, who make social media a better place and who truly believe change for the better is possible. Cosmopolitan is all about uplifting, empowering and championing young women everywhere and we feel there’s never been a better time to loudly shout about those people who bring us joy.”
Claire Hodgson, Editor-in-Chief, Cosmopolitan
Cybersmile believes that we can never have too much uplifting and inspirational content! The Positivity Index features a range of talent guaranteed to brighten up Instagram feeds everywhere.
“People have always used Instagram to share their stories and express themselves and we’ve recently seen how connecting people through the platform can be a powerful positive force. Now, more than ever, it’s vital to shine a light on the people using Instagram for good and what better way to do this than The Positivity Index in partnership with Cosmopolitan and Cybersmile.”
Georgia Kelly, Instagram partnerships
The Positivity Index features:
Callie Thorpe – Travel blogger and body-positivity advocate
Chessie King – Presenter & body-confidence champion
Karen Hobbs – Writer & comedian
Amika George – Founder of Free Periods
Sophie Duker – Stand-up comic & writer
Jesy Nelson – Entertainer
Laurie Nunn – Writer
Clara Amfo – Broadcaster & presenter
Dominic Evans – Illustrator & author
Mikaela Loach – Student & climate-change activist
Selina Barker & Vicki Pavitt – Co-founders of Project Love
Sinéad Burke – Educator & disability activist
Jameela Jamil – Actress, activist & founder of I Weigh
Dr Anita Mitra – Doctor
Kuchenga Shenje – Transgender activist
Rose Gallagher – Make-up artist & broadcaster
Simone Powderly – Model & founder of The Teen Experience
Nicole Crentsil – Cultural producer, co-founder of Black Girl Fest and founder of Big Sis
Gemma & Maya Tutton – Campaigners
Asma Elbadawi – Basketball player, poet & campaigner
Jaz O’Hara – Founder of The Worldwide Tribe
Tanya Compas – Youth worker & advocate
Becky Young – Event manager & founder of the Anti Diet Riot Club
Nadia Whittome – Member of Parliament
Nià Pettitt – Founder of Froday & CEO of The Curl Bar London
If you are affected by any kind of negativity online, we can help you. Visit our Help Center or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to open Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant. To learn more about Cybersmile and our work, please explore the following recommendations:
- Who Are Cybersmile?
- People We’ve Helped
- Cybersmile 2019 Campaign And Activity Highlights
- Cyberbullying And Online Abuse Help Center
- The Cybersmile Conversation (Allow a few seconds to load, but worth the wait!)
- Cybersmile Launch New Interactive Education Program
- Cybersmile And Live Journalism Tech Publisher Grit Daily Announce U.S. Media Partnership
- Body Confidence Influencer Chessie King Announced As Official Cybersmile Ambassador And Media Spokesperson
- Cybersmile Offers Free Digital Education And Support In Response To Coronavirus Crisis
- Cybersmile And Ingenuity London Announce Official PR Partnership For Cybersmile’s U.K. Activities
- Studies Reveal Stark Contrast Between Teenage Male And Female Cyberbullying Incidents
- Cybersmile Campaigns
- Cybersmile Publishes National Banter Or Bullying? Research Report
- What We Do
- Cybersmile Gaming
- New Three-Digit Mental Health Emergency Hotline Set To Launch Across U.S.
- Catching Up With Zoe Sugg To Discuss Life Online
- Cybersmile And Instagram Announce Anti-Bullying Campaign: Banter or Bullying?
- Cybersmile Publishes National Millennial And Gen Z Study Of Attitudes And Perspectives Toward Social Media Platforms
- Cybersmile And Nerds Candy Announce New International Partnership
- Stop Cyberbullying Day 2019 Highlights
- Snapchat Announce New Mental Health Intervention Feature
- Gaming Help Center
- Study Links Negative Effects Of Cyberbullying With Serious Mental Health Problems Among Young People
- Understanding Social Media And Mental Health
- Cybersmile Wins Gold At Cannes Lions For Body Positivity Campaign
- Cybersmile To Make All Educational Workshops Completely Free For Everybody
- Corporate Partnership Program
- Cybersmile Newsroom
- Become A Cybersmile Sustainer
What are your thoughts on The Positivity Index? Share your feedback by contacting us or tweet us @CybersmileHQ.