Stop Cyberbullying Day 2020 Encourages Kindness And Acceptance Online
Activities will run for the next 24 hours to promote kindness and acceptance online while encouraging people to stand up to division and hate. If you are affected by online abuse or anything else touched on within this article, follow our various support services or click on the blue logo icon on the bottom right of the screen to start using Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
Stop Cyberbullying Day 2020 has arrived and there has never been a more important time to come together to promote kindness and acceptance while forming a collective voice against hate and abuse.
The success of last year’s event saw a wide range of activities around the world taking place including brands, celebrities and influencers using their platforms to educate and empower, governments re-affirming their goals and responsibilities, Pope Francis launching a 24-hour special Stop Cyberbullying Day telecast of thought leaders and academics from Vatican City, and school children on every continent working together to show their commitment to a kinder more inclusive internet!
For Stop Cyberbullying Day 2020 we are excited to announce a jam-packed event with a host of new and familiar faces all working together to inspire people of all ages to be kinder and more considerate online.
“Stop Cyberbullying Day reminds us that as the internet continues to become more and more integral to the lives of us all, and with the lines between online life and real-life becoming increasingly blurred, there has never been a more important time to come together and promote the same important values online that we so desperately seek offline. Kindness, acceptance and inclusion online are all necessary to ensure that everybody has the same level of access to information, education and communication without the fear of hate, ridicule and abuse.”
Scott Freeman, CEO, The Cybersmile Foundation
This year’s activities include the launch of Digital Wellbeing 2020, a new Cybersmile report on young people’s understanding and perspective of digital wellbeing as well as a host of exclusive giveaways offering the chance to win signed merchandise from influencers and celebrities such as Normani, Johnny Orlando, Chessie King, Kathryn Bernardo and many more. The event will also feature exclusive interviews and lots of exciting activities from all corners of the world.
Stop Cyberbullying Day activities will run for the next 24 hours with live events, initiatives and campaigns taking place across all five continents. The event will be promoted on most of the major social media platforms including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube.
“Stop Cyberbullying Day is an important reminder for people that they are not alone, and that there is a whole global community of likeminded people who want to work together for a truly inclusive internet. The internet is one of the most powerful engines for education and social development on earth and what better way to celebrate it than with a global day of activities that bring people together.”
Laura Lewandowski, Chief Policy Officer, The Cybersmile Foundation
See below for a list of just some of this year’s activities and learn more about how you can get involved and show your commitment to a kinder more inclusive internet. Remember to use the #STOPCYBERBULLYINGDAY hashtag with your social posts on all channels so we can find you!
Stop Cyberbullying Day 2020 lineup
Because of the global nature of the event, initiatives to support and promote Stop Cyberbullying Day 2020 will take place across multiple time zones. Some of the planned activities include:
Cybersmile will be launching a number of exclusive giveaways throughout the day with opportunities to win signed, exclusive and one-off items from celebrities, influencers and Cybersmile Ambassadors. Stay tuned to Cybersmile social channels throughout the day for details!
Digital Wellbeing 2020 report launch
Today will mark the launch of our brand new Digital Wellbeing 2020 report. The study of 1,000 12 to 16-year-olds from across the U.K. shines a light on young people’s understanding and perspectives of digital wellbeing. The report explores important areas of young people’s relationships with technology and social media and looks to raise awareness of key areas related to young people’s wellbeing such as smartphone addiction, the impact of internet use on sleep, diet and exercise, mental health and much more. The report also explores the way young people see their parents’ relationship with technology and social media. You can download the report here.
Brand, Celebrity and influencer posts
Brands, celebrities and influencers from around the world will be using their platforms to educate and empower through exclusive posts and videos created for the event. Be on the lookout for some familiar faces and important messages throughout the day!
Creative awareness campaign with One Minute Briefs
A Stop Cyberbullying Day digital poster contest will be launched online by the One Minute Briefs creative community that will task designers to create and share on social media impactful posters relating to the day.
Keep an eye out for the announcement today and start getting creative!
Stop Cyberbullying Day exclusive interviews
This year’s interviewees will share their thoughts on the importance of the day and talk more in-depth about kindness, digital wellbeing and the power of the internet. The interviews will be published exclusively on the Cybersmile website.
How to get involved today
There are lots of ways you can show your support for a kinder internet without the need for pre-planning. Internet users, brands, organizations and governments are all encouraged to show their commitment to a truly inclusive internet by creating positive content and sharing messages of support and kindness on social media using the #STOPCYBERBULLYINGDAY hashtag on all social platforms.
We want to say a HUGE thank you to everybody who has made Stop Cyberbullying Day 2020 not only possible, but also such a massive success – we salute every single one of you! For further information about Cybersmile and the work we do, please explore the following suggestions:
- Who Are Cybersmile?
- People We’ve Helped
- Cybersmile Publish National Digital Wellbeing 2020 Report
- Win Exclusive Prizes In The Cybersmile Stop Cyberbullying Day 2020 Giveaways!
- Concerns Raised Over Eating Disorder Content On TikTok
- Cybersmile Help Center
- Managing An Eating Disorder During Lockdown
- The Cybersmile Conversation (Allow a few seconds to load, but worth the wait!)
- Online Hate Targeting Asian People Spikes As Coronavirus Crisis Deepens
- Cybersmile, Cosmopolitan And Instagram Team Up To Launch The Positivity Index
- Cybersmile Experiences 900% Increase In People Seeking Help For Chatroulette Related Issues
- Experts Around The World Warn Parents To Be Vigilant As Cyberbullying Increases During Lockdown
- Body Confidence Influencer Chessie King Announced As Official Cybersmile Ambassador And Media Spokesperson
- Cybersmile Offers Free Digital Education And Support In Response To Coronavirus Crisis
- How To Stay Positive During Lockdown And Self-Isoloation
- Studies Reveal Stark Contrast Between Teenage Male And Female Cyberbullying Incidents
- Cybersmile Campaigns
- What We Do
- Cybersmile Gaming
- New Three-Digit Mental Health Emergency Hotline Set To Launch Across U.S.
- Cybersmile Launch New Gaming Resources With The Support Of Mixer, Microsoft’s Game Streaming Platform
- Catching Up With Zoe Sugg To Discuss Life Online
- Cybersmile And Instagram Announce Anti-Bullying Campaign: Banter or Bullying?
- Cybersmile Publishes National Millennial And Gen Z Study Of Attitudes And Perspectives Toward Social Media Platforms
- Cybersmile And Nerds Candy Announce New International Partnership
- Snapchat Announce New Mental Health Intervention Feature
- Gaming Help Center
- Study Links Negative Effects Of Cyberbullying With Serious Mental Health Problems Among Young People
- Understanding Social Media And Mental Health
- Corporate Partnership Program
- Cybersmile Newsroom
- Become A Cybersmile Sustainer