Cybersmile and Nerds Team Up to Launch NERDS World within Nintendo’s Animal Crossing: New Horizons
The island will be equipped with convenient access to Cybersmile’s innovative AI support assistant and QR codes, which will provide access to various Cybersmile resources. NERDS World will also be populated with messages of empowerment and educational tips throughout the island. If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, follow the links to our various support services or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to start using Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
Cybersmile and NERDS today announced the launch of NERDS World, an interactive experience debuting within Nintendo’s highly-popular life simulation game Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Available in the United Kingdom, Australia and Canada, NERDS World will provide players with a comforting and positive safe space, allowing them to engage in a unique, user-generated experience including fun and inspirational activities.
Developed as part of the partnership between NERDS and Cybersmile announced earlier this year, NERDS World aligns perfectly with our shared goal of making the internet a safer space for young users by tackling issues related to cyberbullying and online abuse.
“We are excited to be working alongside NERDS in this creative way to empower, support and educate large numbers of young people across the world. Innovation is at the very heart of Cybersmile and we believe that by combining our ground-breaking AI support assistant, the positivity of the NERDS brand and such an incredibly popular video game, we are truly taking meaningful creative campaigns to the next level.”
Scott Freeman, CEO, The Cybersmile Foundation
Once inside the new NERDS World, players can explore and engage in activities within the island by themselves or with others. They also have the opportunity to receive special merchandise, as well as take pictures with the different photo spots throughout the island. Special activities and challenges will also be introduced within NERDS World throughout the month-long campaign.
In addition, NERDS World will serve as a support system and resource for players who want to learn more about or seek help for issues related to cyberbullying or online abuse. The island will be equipped with convenient access to Cybersmile’s innovative AI support assistant and QR codes, which will provide access to various Cybersmile resources. NERDS World will also be populated with messages of empowerment and educational tips throughout the island.
The campaign is launching at a record-breaking time for Animal Crossing: New Horizons, which became Nintendo Switch’s fastest selling title ever after launching in March 2020, selling 13.4M units in its first six weeks. The huge popularity of the game globally can be attributed in part to social circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, where isolation has resulted in many consumers seeking indoor activities which allow them to stay engaged and connected to others.
Cybersmile have previously utilized the power of video games to deliver engaging education and support campaigns, most notably with Pixelberry Studio’s flagship title High School Story which saw their partnership educate over 4 million young people in-game and raise over $330,000 for Cybersmile support and education programs.
NERDS® World will be available from today. Animal Crossing: New Horizon can be enjoyed on a Nintendo Switch console and is rated E for everyone.
If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, we can help you. Visit our Help Center or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to open Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant. To learn more about Cybersmile and our work, please explore the following recommendations:
- Who Are Cybersmile?
- People We’ve Helped
- Cybersmile Education Program
- Britain’s Biggest TikTok Star Holly H Announced As Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- Stop Cyberbullying Day 2020 Encourages Kindness And Acceptance Online
- Renowned U.K. Doctor And Wellbeing Expert Dr Radha Modgil Joins Cybersmile Advisory Panel
- Experts Issue Doomscrolling Warning With Increasing Concerns For Mental Health
- Cybersmile Publish National Digital Wellbeing 2020 Report Focussing On Young People’s Technology-Related Wellbeing
- Twitter Announce New Feature To Tackle Misinformation After Successful Trial
- Snapchat Announce The Launch Of Snap Minis To Offer Mental Health Support To Users
- Instagram And Facebook Announce Ban On All Content Promoting LGBT Conversion Therapy
- Cybersmile Help Center
- Managing An Eating Disorder During Lockdown
- Facebook And Instagram Announce New Focus To Combat Racism Online
- The Cybersmile Conversation (Allow a few seconds to load, but worth the wait!)
- Cybersmile, Cosmopolitan And Instagram Team Up To Launch The Positivity Index
- Cybersmile Experiences 900% Increase In People Seeking Help For Chatroulette Related Issues
- Cybersmile Offers Free Digital Education And Support In Response To Coronavirus Crisis
- How To Stay Positive During Lockdown And Self-Isoloation
- Cybersmile Campaigns
- What We Do
- Cybersmile Gaming
- New Three-Digit Mental Health Emergency Hotline Set To Launch Across U.S.
- Cybersmile Publishes National Millennial And Gen Z Study Of Attitudes And Perspectives Toward Social Media Platforms
- Snapchat Announce New Mental Health Intervention Feature
- Gaming Help Center
- Study Links Negative Effects Of Cyberbullying With Serious Mental Health Problems Among Young People
- Understanding Social Media And Mental Health
- Corporate Partnership Program
- Cybersmile Newsroom
- Become A Cybersmile Sustainer