Cybersmile Launch New Gaming Resources With The Support Of Microsoft’s Game Streaming Platform Mixer
As well as creating gaming specific educational modules for the Cybersmile Education Program and overhauling our Gaming Help Center, we have also further developed Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI assistant to offer geo-targeted help at scale for issues specifically affecting gamers and content creators. If you or anybody you know are affected by anything touched on within this article, follow the links to our various support services or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to start using Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
We are excited to announce the launch of a number of new gaming related resources to help, educate and support gamers in a number of key areas.
Following on from the success of our ‘UnAwareness Movement’ campaign in partnership with Mixer, we have been able to develop a wide range of resources that will not only help to educate and prepare new and young gamers for the expectations and realities of playing video games online, but also equip gamers and content creators of all abilities with the necessary tools to facilitate an inclusive environment while getting the most out of gaming and streaming.
As part of the expansion, we have launched two brand new interactive educational modules titled ‘Positive Gaming’ and ‘Livestream Basics.’ The modules, which are now included in the Cybersmile Education Program, cover essential aspects of gaming and streaming such as gamer etiquette, codes of conduct, respecting other gamers and streamer responsibilities to name but a few.
In addition to the expansion of Cybersmile’s education program with the inclusion of gaming and streaming specific learning modules, we have also further developed Cybersmile Assistant, our AI support assistant to provide help and support for issues specifically affecting gamers and content creators. Cybersmile Assistant now has the capability to provide advice and help for issues such as dealing with abusive gamers, how to report abuse and gameplay tips, as well as providing access to geo-targeted hotlines and resources to players and viewers needing extra support for issues such as mental health, bullying and harassment.
“We would like to say a huge thank you to Mixer and the entire Mixer community for making these updates and expansions to our gaming resources possible. Many hundreds of thousands of gamers of all ages and abilities each year will benefit from the new resources made available as part of our work together.”
Dan Raisbeck, Co-founder, The Cybersmile Foundation
Furthermore, with the incredible support of Mixer and their community, we have overhauled our entire Gaming Help Center, providing new and updated information and advice, all aimed at empowering gamers to get the most out of gaming while considering the inclusion and wellbeing of the wider community. New and updated resources within the help center include the importance of teamwork, tips for developing team skills, personal security, coping strategies, resilience, personal security and many more.
If you are affected by any kind of negativity online, we can help you. Visit our Help Center or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to open Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant. To learn more about Cybersmile and our work, please explore the following recommendations:
- Who Are Cybersmile?
- People We’ve Helped
- Cybersmile 2019 Campaign And Activity Highlights
- Cyberbullying And Online Abuse Help Center
- The Cybersmile Conversation (Allow a few seconds to load, but worth the wait!)
- Online Hate Targeting Asian People Spikes As Coronavirus Crisis Deepens
- Cybersmile, Cosmopolitan And Instagram Team Up To Launch The Positivity Index
- Body Confidence Influencer Chessie King Announced As Official Cybersmile Ambassador And Media Spokesperson
- Cybersmile Offers Free Digital Education And Support In Response To Coronavirus Crisis
- Cybersmile And Ingenuity London Announce Official PR Partnership For Cybersmile’s U.K. Activities
- Studies Reveal Stark Contrast Between Teenage Male And Female Cyberbullying Incidents
- Cybersmile Campaigns
- Cybersmile Publishes National Banter Or Bullying? Research Report
- What We Do
- Cybersmile Gaming
- New Three-Digit Mental Health Emergency Hotline Set To Launch Across U.S.
- Catching Up With Zoe Sugg To Discuss Life Online
- Cybersmile And Instagram Announce Anti-Bullying Campaign: Banter or Bullying?
- Cybersmile Publishes National Millennial And Gen Z Study Of Attitudes And Perspectives Toward Social Media Platforms
- Cybersmile And Nerds Candy Announce New International Partnership
- Stop Cyberbullying Day 2019 Highlights
- Snapchat Announce New Mental Health Intervention Feature
- Gaming Help Center
- Study Links Negative Effects Of Cyberbullying With Serious Mental Health Problems Among Young People
- Understanding Social Media And Mental Health
- Cybersmile Wins Gold At Cannes Lions For Body Positivity Campaign
- Cybersmile To Make All Educational Workshops Completely Free For Everybody
- Corporate Partnership Program
- Cybersmile Newsroom
- Become A Cybersmile Sustainer