Cybersmile and Rimmel London Announce Major Update to AI Support Tool To Mark Anti-Bullying Week
The impact of Cybersmile Assistant has completely transformed Cybersmile’s support services by eradicating wait-times for support, providing an opportunity to react to emerging trends in groundbreaking time and reducing the overall average support cost from approximately $3 to just 0.08¢ per person. If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, follow the links to our various support services or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to start using Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
Cybersmile and Rimmel London are excited to announce a major update to Cybersmile Assistant, the innovative smart assistant launched last year. The smart AI assistant currently delivers 24/7 advice and instant access to professional support resources and crisis helplines for users in the US, UK, Australia, Canada and New Zealand.
Launched in early 2019 with the support of Rimmel London, Cybersmile Assistant is now in its second year of development as part of a three-year partnership between Cybersmile and the cosmetics brand. After a first year spent focusing on crucial internal infrastructure including safeguarding and crisis management features, year two of the partnership has seen a complete overhaul of the user interface and user experience of the assistant as well as ongoing conversational training and development to ensure the assistant is providing best practice advice and guidance for important topics such as cyberbullying, mental health, body image and online safety.
“Rimmel has always championed self-expression in beauty, standing against narrow definitions of beauty and people being judged because of the way they look. At Coty, we stand for everybody’s right to live a beautiful life, free from prejudice and discrimination. We want to embrace and celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a more inclusive business and society. Since 2018, we’ve been working in partnership with The Cybersmile Foundation to raise awareness of cyberbullying. We share their vision of a digital community where everyone can feel free to express themselves without fear of ridicule and abuse. It is incredible to see the impact the Cybersmile Assistant has had so far, helping over 200,000 people since it launched. We’re delighted to be working with Cybersmile throughout 2021, enabling them to expand the tool further to tackle key issues including racism, mental health and digital wellbeing.”
Sarah Alshohaib, Senior Director, Rimmel London
The impact of the assistant has completely revolutionized Cybersmile’s support services. In addition to completely eradicating wait-times for support and providing opportunity to react to emerging trends in groundbreaking time, the smart assistant has also drastically reduced the overall average support cost from approximately $3 to just 0.08¢ per person – enabling Cybersmile to support over 200,000 people since the launch of the AI assistant in March 2019.
The AI assistant has proved invaluable for the charity and wider public during 2020 by identifying trends and emerging problems in real time, enabling Cybersmile to issue public safety warnings and train the assistant to provide the appropriate advice and support within hours – a task which would have taken weeks with conventional training of volunteers to tackle new and emerging issues.
Although the challenges of 2020 have highlighted the power and efficiency of the assistant – Cybersmile and Rimmel agree that there is still much more to do. With Rimmel London’s support, the third year of the partnership will see Cybersmile continue to develop the AI tool to provide deeper conversational understanding, enhanced accessibility and comprehensive support in key areas identified by the assistant during the last twelve months which include anxiety, racism and depression.
“In terms of cost effective and scalable support solutions, our AI support assistant has transformed our capacity to help and support those in need. Reduced costs, minimal wait-times and a reactive centralized resource all make for more lives changed and saved around the world. We are grateful to Rimmel London for making our vision of a viable AI support tool come to life and are resolute in our joint commitment to continue developing the assistant and providing life-changing support for existing and emerging issues affecting people of all ages.”
Dan Raisbeck, Co-founder, The Cybersmile Foundation
The Cybersmile Foundation and Rimmel London first launched their partnership in 2018 with the #iwillnotbedeleted campaign which empowered millions of people around the world to recognize and celebrate their unique beauty and featured a cast which included Cara Delevingne, Rita Ora and Cybersmile Ambassador Chessie King.
If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, we can help you. Visit our Help Center or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to open Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant. To learn more about Cybersmile and our work, please explore the following recommendations:
- Who Are Cybersmile?
- People We’ve Helped
- Britain’s Biggest TikTok Star Holly H Announced As Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- Cybersmile and Instagram Announce ‘Banter or Bullying? No Offence’ Report and Campaign Focused on Offence and Personal Boundaries
- Cybersmile Launch Interactive Learning Modules Focused on Getting the Most From Instagram
- Stop Cyberbullying Day 2020 Encourages Kindness And Acceptance Online
- Renowned U.K. Doctor And Wellbeing Expert Dr Radha Modgil Joins Cybersmile Advisory Panel
- Experts Issue Doomscrolling Warning With Increasing Concerns For Mental Health
- Cybersmile Publish National Digital Wellbeing 2020 Report Focussing On Young People’s Technology-Related Wellbeing
- Twitter Announce New Feature To Tackle Misinformation After Successful Trial
- Snapchat Announce The Launch Of Snap Minis To Offer Mental Health Support To Users
- Instagram And Facebook Announce Ban On All Content Promoting LGBT Conversion Therapy
- Cybersmile Help Center
- Managing An Eating Disorder During Lockdown
- Facebook And Instagram Announce New Focus To Combat Racism Online
- The Cybersmile Conversation (Allow a few seconds to load, but worth the wait!)
- Cybersmile, Cosmopolitan And Instagram Team Up To Launch The Positivity Index
- Cybersmile Experiences 900% Increase In People Seeking Help For Chatroulette Related Issues
- Cybersmile Offers Free Digital Education And Support In Response To Coronavirus Crisis
- How To Stay Positive During Lockdown And Self-Isoloation
- Cybersmile Campaigns
- What We Do
- Cybersmile Gaming
- New Three-Digit Mental Health Emergency Hotline Set To Launch Across U.S.
- Cybersmile Publishes National Millennial And Gen Z Study Of Attitudes And Perspectives Toward Social Media Platforms
- Snapchat Announce New Mental Health Intervention Feature
- Gaming Help Center
- Study Links Negative Effects Of Cyberbullying With Serious Mental Health Problems Among Young People
- Understanding Social Media And Mental Health
- Corporate Partnership Program
- Cybersmile Newsroom
- Become A Cybersmile Sustainer