Stop Cyberbullying Day 2023 Highlights
Stop Cyberbullying Day 2023 was supported and celebrated by a number of organizations, brands and public figures - all demonstrating their commitment to an inclusive internet where everybody feels free to express themselves without fear. If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, follow the links to our various support services or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to start using Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
Stop Cyberbullying Day 2023 was amazing! It brought people together from around the world to shine a light on the highs and lows of life online through a wide range of events, announcements, livestreams and fundraisers.
There was too much incredible activity to create a definitive list, so we’ve highlighted some of the key moments from this year’s event below:
Brand and institutional support
Stop Cyberbullying Day 2023 aligned a host of leading brands, public figures, educators, media companies, institutions and the wider public into a collective voice for good.
This year’s supporters included creators, public figures and thought leaders who shared inspiring and educational content to demonstrate the power of the internet when used for positive purpose as well as raising awareness of the power that words can have.
Featured supporters and public figures taking part in this year’s event included:
- Education & Government: Los Angeles Unified Schools, Consumer Protection Ontario, McGraw Hill PreK-12, Education Ontario, Conciencia Digital, East Riding Council UK, Thammasat University Student Committee Thailand, The National Cyber Security Center of the Kingdom of Bahrain, Common Sense Education.
- Telecom & Finance: Samsung, Tigo Costa Rica, Tigo Guatemala, Millicom, Telus, ESET, Exa Networks, LH Bank Thailand.
- Public Figures & Celebrities: Holly H, Jillian Mercado, Anastasia Pagonis, Nicola Glencross, Dr. Deborah Gilboa, Dr. Barbara Mariposa, Digital Dada Podcast, Robin Martin.
- Sports, Entertainment & Lifestyle: ITV, Sky, Urban Decay, Guild Esports, Wicked UK, PPTV HD 36 Thailand, Thai PBS News, WeAre8, CoverageBook.
- NGOs & Institutions: UNICEF Thailand, Foundation of Light, Internet Matters, Childnet, Digital Rights Foundation, DFWAC, Argentina Cibersegura, American Veterinary Medical Association, Center for Violence Prevention at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, SCG Foundation, Juvenile Welfare Board Pinellas County, National Federation of Young Farmers’ Clubs, Birmingham LSCP, HER Internet, Les Twentyman Foundation.
- And many more!
We want to say a huge thank you to everybody who took part in this year’s event and showed their support. Stop Cyberbullying Day wouldn’t be possible without you!
Cybersmile and Urban Decay Launched New Global Campaign with 3x World Champion Swimmer Anastasia Pagonis
Cybersmile and Urban Decay teamed up with three-time world swimming champion Anastasia Pagonis to help stop cyberbullying and make the internet a kinder place through the ongoing ONLINE BULLYING HURTS IRL initiative which has been positively impacting internet users since 2021.
You can learn more about the campaign here.
Cybersmile Published Comparison Culture 2023 – A Report Exploring the Impact of Social Media Comparisons on Gen Z
Cybersmile published Comparison Culture 2023 – a study conducted to learn more about the culture of comparisons among social media users and the profound impact that it is having on Gen Z across the UK.
You can explore the full report here.
Disabled Rights & Representation Advocate Jillian Mercado announced as Official Cybersmile Ambassador
Cybersmile announced Latinx fashion model, actress and disabled rights advocate Jillian Mercado as our newest official Cybersmile ambassador.
Jillian is a powerful advocate for disabled rights & representation in the world of fashion with a particular focus on the intersection of gender and disability.
You can read the full announcement article here.
Community Wellbeing and Education Expert Ivan Davies Appointed to Cybersmile Advisory Panel
Cybersmile announced Australia-based community wellbeing and education expert Ivan Davies as a newly appointed member of our panel of international experts.
Ivan is a community wellbeing expert who specializes in building inclusive, diverse and cohesive environments that respond compassionately to people’s needs and strengths.
You can learn more about Ivan’s appointment here.
Diversity and Inclusion Practitioner Jamie Dapaah Appointed to Cybersmile Advisory Panel
Cybersmile announced prominent diversity and inclusion specialist Jamie Dapaah as a newly appointed member of our international advisory panel.
Jamie develops strategies and policies that promote equal opportunities – fostering welcoming and inclusive environments.
Learn more about Jamie Dapaah’s appointment here.
Exclusive Stop Cyberbullying Day interview with 3x swimming world champion Anastasia Pagonis
As part of our global partnership with Urban Decay, we sat down with 3x world swimming champion Anastasia Pagonis to discuss life online.
You can read the full interview here.
- #StopCyberbullyingDay empowers millions of people around the world to rise above and #EndBullying. – Patrick Barron, VP, Corporate Citizenship, Social Impact & Community Affairs, TELUS
- Thanks @SkyUK & @guildesports for an invite to check out the Sky Guild Gaming Centre for #StopCyberbullyingDay Got to see the cool esports gaming rooms and have a chill time on the rooftop! – Tori Jada, Twitch Streamer
- Love this initiative! It’s important to educate ourselves about the effects of cyberbullying and take action to stop it. I’ve been on the receiving end and it took me a long time to overcome. Let’s stand together and make the Internet a safer place for all. #StopCyberbullyingDay – Charlie Villanueva, Entrepreneur
- Thank you @CybersmileHQ for all that you do and stand for. We stand along with you #StopCyberbullyingDay – Alopecia Community
- Comparison is the thief of joy. Comparison is the thief of joy. Thank you @CybersmileHQ for raising awareness and all the work you do #StopCyberbullyingDay – Nicola Glencross
- let’s create a safer digital space #StopCyberbullyingDay #WordsHurtIRL – Urban Decay
- Today is #StopCyberbullyingDay and there has never been a better time to shine a light on the power of the internet while speaking out against bullying and online abuse.I am thrilled to share that I have joined the @CybersmileHQ Advisory Panel! #TogetherWeCan – Jamie Dapaah, Diversity & Inclusion practitioner, Cybersmile Advisory Panel member
- Join #StopCyberbullyingDay today and take a moment to raise awareness! This global initiative, coordinated by The @CybersmileHQ, focuses on building a diverse and inclusive digital Internet. Did you know that according to the NGO, 60% of internet users have experienced bullying, abuse, or harassment online? #StopCyberbullyingDay – Karim Antonio Lesina, EVP and Chief External Affairs Officer at Millicom
- On #StopCyberbullyingDay, join us and take a stand against cyberbullying. Together we can do this. #DigitalCitizenship – Los Angeles Unified Schools
- 60% of internet users have witnessed or been targeted with #bullying, harassment, or abuse. On #StopCyberbullyingDay, it’s important to bring awareness to the prevalence of this issue and promote solutions for a kinder, more inclusive internet for all. – Netsweeper
- #StopCyberBullyingDay. It’s high time to break the chains of #onlinebullying and create a digital world where everyone feels safe and valued! Spread #love, #kindness, and #respect in virtual interactions and let’s empower each other to make a positive impact online! – Mitsogo Inc
- June 16 is #StopCyberbullyingDay. Help us #EndBullying by providing kids with the tools to ensure their online safety. – Telus
- Today is #stopcyberbullyingday. Join us in taking a moment to raise awareness of the impact that our words can have online. Learn how you can support the day here https://stopcyberbullyingday.org – Advanced Network Systems
- For #StopCyberbullyingDay, let’s ensure online safety & protect #ChildrensMentalHealth. Cyberbullying can have severe consequences on a child’s well-being, causing anxiety, depression, and low self-esteem. – Juvenile Welfare Board
- The internet is an amazing resource for children and young people, but could be even better without bullying, harassment and abuse ❤️ this is why today we are supporting #stopcyberbullyingday – Birmingham LSCP
- Today is #stopcyberbullyingday, and we are sending our support to @CybersmileHQ to help make the internet a much safer place for everyone. To learn more on how you can get involved, please visit their website: https://stopcyberbullyingday.org – Wicked UK
- Words can feel like weapons. Create posters to raise awareness of the power that words can have when interacting online for #STOPCYBERBULLYINGDAY @CybersmileHQ @OneMinuteBriefs – Jake Barnes, Designer
- Today is #StopCyberBullyingDay. Cyber bullying is a growing issue that affects people of all ages. We want to increase conversation around cyber bullying especially between parents, guardians & children to make the internet a kinder place. – East Riding Council
- Today is #StopCyberbullyingDay. 60% of people say they have experienced bullying and harassment online. To combat this, @ITV has recently partnered with @CybersmileHQ on our Would You Say It campaign to tackle online trolling. Find out more below ⬇️ – ITV
- Let’s unite against cyber bullying! Today is #StopCyberBullyingDay, a reminder to spread kindness online and stand up against digital harassment. Together, we can create a safer & more compassionate online world. Let’s empower, support, and uplift one another. ✨ – Simon Gayita, Media Manager
- Today, 16 June, we commemorate Stop Cyberbullying Day. As we engage in digital spaces, let us be key ambassadors of stopping cyberbullying. #digitaldadapodcast #stopcyberbullyingday #cybersecurity – Digital Dada Podcast
- Today is #StopCyberbullyingDay, a global day of unity and action initiated by @CybersmileHQ to promote a truly diverse and inclusive internet free from any form of bullying, harassment and abuse. @SCDHQ #CyberbullyingEndsNow #nottodaybully – HER Internet
- Some topics can be awkward to talk about, especially if you don’t know where to start, but regular conversations can help break down barriers and give children the chance to open up. Today is #StopCyberbullyingDay and a good opportunity to chat ⬇️ – Internet Matters
- Everyday should be #StopCyberbullyingDay. We urge for everyone’s support in promoting kindness and acceptance online – working towards a truly inclusive internet! – Exabytes SG Webhost
- We can make a better world! Make a difference today! Be kind! ❤️ #StopCyberbullyingDay – One Y Films
- Today is #stopcyberbullyingday and we are adding our support for a kinder, more inclusive internet. Learn more here http://stopcyberbullyingday.org – Les Twentyman Foundation
- Just kidding can create wounds and knots in someone’s heart for life ♂️A safe online world starts with us. Let’s #end cyberbullying. Think before clicking, think before posting together. #StopCyberBullyingDay #OnlineSafety #StopCyberbullying #EndViolence – UNICEF Thailand (translated)
Creative Poster Competition
This year, we welcomed the return of the OMBLES community, encouraging creators from around the world to design posters which drive home the reminder that our words online yield great power. Cybersmile received hundreds of entries throughout the day, and selected a well-deserving winner.
A massive thank you!
We want to say a big thank you to all our partners, ambassadors, supporters, friends, activists, fundraisers, donors, brands, governments and institutions that have once again come together to make Stop Cyberbullying Day 2023 an unforgettable event.
Get involved next year
Stop Cyberbullying Day 2024 is taking place on Friday June 21st. We are now accepting new partnership applications and proposals for next year’s event.
You can explore our various membership options here or reach out if you would like to learn more about becoming a premier partner of Stop Cyberbullying Day 2024.
If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, we can help you. Visit our Help Center or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to open Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.