Stop Cyberbullying Day 2022 Promotes Self-Care and Digital Wellbeing to Mark Event’s 10th Anniversary Year
Annually since 2012, Stop Cyberbullying Day has delivered hope and empowerment to millions of people around the world on and offline. If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, follow the links to our various support services or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to start using Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
Stop Cyberbullying Day 2022 has arrived and it has never been more important to highlight the need for self-care and digital wellbeing when balancing our online and offline lives.
Last year’s event saw a global response with a range of activities across five continents. Some of the world’s leading brands, public figures, Governments and organizations used their platforms to demonstrate their commitment to a truly diverse and inclusive internet.
Stop Cyberbullying Day 2022 is our 10th anniversary year since launching the awareness campaign in 2012, and to mark this special occasion we have an exciting lineup of events taking place around the world.
“This year marks a decade since our very first Stop Cyberbullying Day event took place. Since 2012 our lives have become more and more integrated with the internet and social media and so it is crucial that we are all mindful of the ways that our relationship with technology can impact our physical and mental wellbeing. Everybody at Cybersmile would like to thank all those who over the last decade have helped build Stop Cyberbullying Day into the powerful global movement that it is today.”
Iain Alexander, The Cybersmile Foundation
Stop Cyberbullying Day activities will run for the next 24 hours with live events, initiatives and campaigns taking place around the world on and offline. Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and TikTok are just some of the platforms where special activities will take place.
Demonstrate your support for the event by using #StopCyberbullyingDay on your social media posts!
Stop Cyberbullying Day 2022 lineup
Building on last year’s message of unity and acceptance, this year’s event will focus on self-care and wellbeing as we spend more and more time online. Because of the global nature of the event, initiatives to support and promote Stop Cyberbullying Day 2022 will take place across multiple time zones. Some of the planned Cybersmile activities include:
Global campaign launch in partnership with Urban Decay
Cybersmile and Urban Decay are marking Stop Cyberbullying Day with the launch of an exciting new global initiative. You can learn more about the campaign here.
Digital Wellbeing 2022 Gen Z Report
Cybersmile are proud to announce the launch of Digital Wellbeing 2022 – a national report examining the impact of social media use on Gen Z wellbeing in the U.K.
Following our recent State of Play report exploring identity bullying among Gen Z in the U.S., we have undertaken a new research project focusing on crucial aspects of digital wellbeing including mental health, diet, sleep, social media addiction, comparison culture, body image and many more key areas. You can learn more and read the full report here.
Exclusive interviews with Cybersmile ambassadors Holly H and F1 driver Nicholas Latifi
Hear exclusive insights and top tips on all aspects of life online from Cybersmile ambassadors Holly H and F1 driver Nicholas Latifi. Having a social media following of over 16 million means that Holly H, Britain’s biggest TikTok influencer, knows all about the positives and negatives of social media. Canadian-Iranian Nicholas Latifi also knows a thing or two about social media and joins the day’s lineup in an exclusive sit down interview with Cybersmile.
Education Campaign with Premier League football players
Cybersmile have teamed up with strategic partner Ten Toes and Premier League football players Jordan Henderson, Harry Maguire, Declan Rice, Kasper Schmeichel, Ben Mee and Jermaine Jenas to launch a creative education campaign to raise awareness of the real life consequences of online abuse. You can learn more about the campaign here.
Stay tuned to Cybersmile’s social media accounts throughout the day for chances to win exclusive prizes!
Stop Cyberbullying Day wouldn’t be the same without the support of important stakeholders and partners from around the world. Stay tuned throughout the day for all the latest product launches, policy updates, news and activities by following Cybersmile social channels and searching #StopCyberbullyingDay across social platforms.
How to get involved today
There are lots of ways you can show your support for Stop Cyberbullying Day without the need for pre-planning. Internet users, brands, organizations and governments are all encouraged to show their commitment and support by creating positive content and sharing messages of support and kindness on social media using the #StopCyberbullyingDay hashtag across all social platforms.
If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, we can help you. Visit our Help Center or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to open Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
To learn more about Cybersmile and our work, please explore the following recommendations:
- Who Are Cybersmile?
- People We’ve Helped
- Cybersmile Education Program
- Cybersmile Campaign and Activity Highlights of 2021
- TikTok Star Holly H Announced as Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- Cybersmile Publish National Gen Z Report Exploring the Prevalence and Emotional Impact of Identity-Based Cyberbullying in the U.S.
- Cybersmile Announce Canadian Formula One Driver Nicholas Latifi as New Official Ambassador
- Cybersmile Partners with BT to Launch Education Platform for Young People to Tackle Online Hate
- Mental Health, Wellbeing and Equity Expert Dr Barbara Mariposa Joins Cybersmile Advisory Panel
- Stop Cyberbullying Day 2021 Highlights
- Cybersmile and Urban Decay Launch Changemaker Education and Empowerment Program
- Liverpool & England Star Jordan Henderson and Cybersmile team up for ‘People Not Profiles’ Anti-Cyberbullying Campaign
- Cybersmile and CO. by Colgate Hold Roundtable Event to Raise Awareness of Cyberbullying
- Cybersmile and Instagram Partner to #CreateAKinderEnvironment Online
- Cybersmile and Dragon Mania Legends Team Up to Combat Online Bullying and Celebrate Freedom of Expression
- Latin Music Star Samantha Sanchez Announced as Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- BT Unveils Hope United Shirt to Raise Funds for Cybersmile
- Renowned U.K. Doctor And Wellbeing Expert Dr Radha Modgil Joins Cybersmile Advisory Panel
- Cybersmile Announce Partnership with CO. by Colgate
- Catching Up with Liverpool and England Star Jordan Henderson to Discuss the Problem of Online Abuse
- Cybersmile and Asphalt 9: Legends Launch ‘Get on the ride, own the future’ NFT Fundraising Campaign
- Cybersmile And Instagram Announce ‘Banter or Bullying? No Offence’ Report And Campaign
- Cybersmile Warns of Rise in Cyberbullying Incidents Involving Doctored Images and Deepfake Videos
- Twitter Change Policy to Prohibit the Sharing of Images or Videos of People without Their Permission
- British Government Launch New Online Media Literacy Strategy to Help Internet Users Remain Safe and Informed Online
- Cybersmile Unveil New Website and Brand Identity for Stop Cyberbullying Day
- Instagram Announce New Changes to Protect Users from Abuse
- Cybersmile, Instagram and Cosmopolitan Reunite to Unveil The Positivity Index 2021
- Twitch Introduce New Tools And Guidelines To Tackle Hate Speech And Harassment
- Cybersmile and Ten Toes Media Announce Partnership
- Twitter’s Head of U.K. Public Policy Katy Minshall Talks All Things Safety
- Experts Issue Doomscrolling Warning With Increasing Concerns For Mental Health
- Cybersmile Launch Interactive Learning Modules Focused On Getting The Most From Instagram
- Cybersmile Publish National Digital Wellbeing 2020 Report Focussing On Young People’s Technology-Related Wellbeing
- Twitter Announce New Feature To Tackle Misinformation After Successful Trial
- Cybersmile Launch ‘Think Twice before You Type’ Campaign To Mark Safer Internet Day
- Snapchat Announce The Launch Of Snap Minis To Offer Mental Health Support To Users
- Instagram And Facebook Announce Ban On All Content Promoting LGBT Conversion Therapy
- Cybersmile Help Center
- Managing An Eating Disorder During Lockdown
- Facebook And Instagram Announce New Focus To Combat Racism Online
- Cybersmile Announce Brandon Hendrickson As Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- The Cybersmile Conversation (Allow a few seconds to load, but worth the wait!)
- Cybersmile Campaigns
- What We Do
- Cybersmile Gaming
- Australian Government put Big Tech Companies on Notice to End Online Bullying
- Cybersmile Publishes National Millennial And Gen Z Study Of Attitudes And Perspectives Toward Social Media Platforms
- Snapchat Announce New Mental Health Intervention Feature
- Gaming Help Center
- Study Links Negative Effects Of Cyberbullying With Serious Mental Health Problems Among Young People
- Understanding Social Media And Mental Health
- Corporate Partnership Program
- Cybersmile Newsroom
- Become A Cybersmile Sustainer