Taylor Swift Wins Cybersmiler Of The Month Award For August
Taylor's actions are a great example of how a single act of kindness can make a huge difference to somebody's life - kindness is definitely the way forward!
It’s award time at Cybersmile HQ and this month’s Cybersmiler of the Month Award winner certainly knows a thing or two about winning awards.
We are excited to announce that singer-songwriter Taylor Swift is our Cybersmiler of the Month Award winner for August! A selfless act of kindness by Taylor to help a struggling fan with her tuition fees is EXACTLY the kind of thing that we think deserves recognition – well done Taylor!
It all started when Ayesha was struggling to put together the funds for her upcoming semester at the University of Waterloo in Canada. Due to the state cuts in student assistant programs, she was left in financial difficulty, and unable to get the money together. It was stressful and she didn’t know what to do.
On top of that, Ayesha’s mother was suffering from chronic kidney disease and both her parents, originally from Pakistan, were on low-income salaries, which meant that they were unable to support her financially.
So, after a friend suggested that she setup a Paypal account online to ask for donations, she miraculously received a single donation for exactly $6386.47! And who was it from? None other than Taylor Swift!
Taylor sent Ayesha a kind message encouraging her to “get your learn on girl!” and from that point on, she’s been able to make things work out and get back into her studies.
“My parents actually cried when I told them the Taylor news because they couldn’t believe it!”
This is a shining example of how an act of kindness can go a long way in making a big difference to someone’s life – kindness most definitely is the way forward.
Of course, this is not the first time we’ve awarded Cybersmiler of the Month to Taylor, but she just keeps on giving and doing such great things that make our world a better place so we’re going to keep recognizing her ongoing selflessness!
Congratulations Taylor, we think you are setting an amazing example for others to follow by being on the lookout for opportunities to help others – you are a true Cybersmiler!
You can explore the Cybersmiler of the Month Award winners Hall of Fame to see a full list of previous recipients and learn more about becoming a brand sponsor of the award here.
Remember to let us know if you see any brands or celebrities going the extra mile to make the world a better place. To learn more about Cybersmile and our work, please explore the following recommendations:
- Who Are Cybersmile?
- People We’ve Helped
- Cyberbullying And Online Abuse Help Center
- The Cybersmile Conversation (Allow a few seconds to load, but worth the wait!)
- World Leaders And Technology Companies Pledge To Fight Online Hate Speech
- New Studies Show That Gaming Can Boost Creativity And Relieve Stress
- Studies Reveal Stark Contrast Between Teenage Male And Female Cyberbullying Incidents
- Cybersmile Campaigns
- What We Do
- Cybersmile Gaming
- Catching Up With Zoe Sugg To Discuss Life Online
- Stop Cyberbullying Day 2019 Highlights
- Cybersmile And Rimmel Launch Groundbreaking AI Support Assistant
- Gaming Help Center
- Cybersmile Launch Interactive Digital Civility Learning Platform
- Understanding Social Media And Mental Health
- Cybersmile Wins Gold At Cannes Lions For Body Positivity Campaign
- Cybersmile To Make All Educational Workshops Completely Free For Everybody
- Corporate Partnership Program
- Cybersmile Newsroom
- Become A Cybersmile Sustainer