Cybersmile and The CW Network Launch “Dare to Love, Defy Hate” Mental Health Campaign
Additional public service announcements addressing other areas of mental health will debut in the coming weeks as a part of the ongoing initiative. All spots will air during primetime on broadcast television as well as being available on the network’s digital and social media platforms including The CW App and CWTV.com. If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, follow the links to our various support services or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to start using Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
Cybersmile has teamed up with The CW Network to launch a powerful campaign entitled “Dare to Love, Defy Hate” on World Mental Health Day.
The season-long CW Network campaign, coinciding with National Bullying Prevention Month, kicks off with a cyberbullying prevention Public Service Announcement featuring CW talent and “Where Is Our Love Song” by Stevie Wonder – the official soundtrack of the initiative. The song’s message of love, humanity, togetherness and peace will help elevate the importance of mental health awareness for all generations.
The campaign is answering United States’ Surgeon General Dr. Vivek H. Murthy’s call to tackle the number 1 issue facing American youth – mental health – by launching a new ongoing mental health initiative to help raise awareness of the multifaceted issue and engage a wider audience to be part of the solution.
The partnership between The CW Network and Cybersmile encourages young people to prioritize love, kindness and respect and to provide resources and support to those facing cyberbullying related issues.
“It is an absolute honor to work alongside The CW Network and such incredible talent on this crucial campaign. It has never been more important to raise awareness of the impact that cyberbullying can have on our mental health and of the resources available to those affected. We are grateful to The CW Network for their commitment to this issue.”
Scott Freeman, CEO, The Cybersmile Foundation
Additional public service announcements addressing other areas of mental health will debut in the coming weeks as a part of the ongoing initiative. All spots will air during primetime on broadcast television as well as being available on the network’s digital and social media platforms including The CW App and CWTV.com.
Throughout the season, several of The CW’s hit original series will also be participating in the campaign with specifically-themed storylines and episodes revolving around mental health issues. ALL AMERICAN and ALL AMERICAN: HOMECOMING will continue to highlight the stress, anxiety and pressure on young people involved in athletics during the course of their seasons. Additional series that will be addressing the issues of mental health this season include KUNG FU, NANCY DREW, SUPERMAN & LOIS, WALKER and WALKER INDEPENDENCE.
In addition to extensive on-air, online and social media content, The CW will be collaborating directly with advertisers and affiliates to bring this initiative to local communities across the country.
If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, we can help you. Visit our Help Center or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to open Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
To learn more about Cybersmile and our work, please explore the following recommendations:
- Who Are Cybersmile?
- People We’ve Helped
- Cybersmile Education Program
- Cybersmile Announce Hollywood Actress Garcelle Beauvais as Official Ambassador
- Stop Cyberbullying Day 2022 Highlights
- TikTok Star Holly H Announced as Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- Cybersmile Publish National Digital Wellbeing 2022 Report Examining the Impact of Social Media on Gen Z Wellbeing in the U.K.
- Cybersmile Publish National Gen Z Report Exploring the Prevalence and Emotional Impact of Identity-Based Cyberbullying in the U.S.
- Cybersmile and EE Announce Fundraising Campaign to Mark UEFA Women’s Euros 2022
- Cybersmile Announce Canadian Formula One Driver Nicholas Latifi as New Official Ambassador
- Premier League Footballers Team Up with Cybersmile to Highlight the Real-Life Consequences of Online Abuse
- Cybersmile Partners with BT to Launch Education Platform for Young People to Tackle Online Hate
- Mental Health, Wellbeing and Equity Expert Dr Barbara Mariposa Joins Cybersmile Advisory Panel
- Cybersmile and Urban Decay Launch Global “WORDS HURT IRL” Campaign Featuring Ava Michelle
- Cybersmile and Urban Decay Launch Changemaker Education and Empowerment Program
- Liverpool & England Star Jordan Henderson and Cybersmile team up for ‘People Not Profiles’ Anti-Cyberbullying Campaign
- Cybersmile and CO. by Colgate Hold Roundtable Event to Raise Awareness of Cyberbullying
- Cybersmile and Instagram Partner to #CreateAKinderEnvironment Online
- Cybersmile and Dragon Mania Legends Team Up to Combat Online Bullying and Celebrate Freedom of Expression
- Latin Music Star Samantha Sanchez Announced as Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- BT Unveils Hope United Shirt to Raise Funds for Cybersmile
- Renowned U.K. Doctor And Wellbeing Expert Dr Radha Modgil Joins Cybersmile Advisory Panel
- Cybersmile Announce Partnership with CO. by Colgate
- Catching Up with Liverpool and England Star Jordan Henderson to Discuss the Problem of Online Abuse
- Cybersmile and Asphalt 9: Legends Launch ‘Get on the ride, own the future’ NFT Fundraising Campaign
- Cybersmile And Instagram Announce ‘Banter or Bullying? No Offence’ Report And Campaign
- Cybersmile Warns of Rise in Cyberbullying Incidents Involving Doctored Images and Deepfake Videos
- Twitter Change Policy to Prohibit the Sharing of Images or Videos of People without Their Permission
- British Government Launch New Online Media Literacy Strategy to Help Internet Users Remain Safe and Informed Online
- Cybersmile Unveil New Website and Brand Identity for Stop Cyberbullying Day
- Instagram Announce New Changes to Protect Users from Abuse
- Cybersmile, Instagram and Cosmopolitan Reunite to Unveil The Positivity Index 2021
- Twitch Introduce New Tools And Guidelines To Tackle Hate Speech And Harassment
- Cybersmile and Ten Toes Media Announce Partnership
- Twitter’s Head of U.K. Public Policy Katy Minshall Talks All Things Safety
- Experts Issue Doomscrolling Warning With Increasing Concerns For Mental Health
- Cybersmile Launch Interactive Learning Modules Focused On Getting The Most From Instagram
- Cybersmile Publish National Digital Wellbeing 2020 Report Focussing On Young People’s Technology-Related Wellbeing
- Twitter Announce New Feature To Tackle Misinformation After Successful Trial
- Cybersmile Launch ‘Think Twice before You Type’ Campaign To Mark Safer Internet Day
- Snapchat Announce The Launch Of Snap Minis To Offer Mental Health Support To Users
- Instagram And Facebook Announce Ban On All Content Promoting LGBT Conversion Therapy
- Cybersmile Help Center
- Managing An Eating Disorder During Lockdown
- Facebook And Instagram Announce New Focus To Combat Racism Online
- Cybersmile Announce Brandon Hendrickson As Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- The Cybersmile Conversation (Allow a few seconds to load, but worth the wait!)
- Cybersmile Campaigns
- What We Do
- Cybersmile Gaming
- Australian Government put Big Tech Companies on Notice to End Online Bullying
- Cybersmile Publishes National Millennial And Gen Z Study Of Attitudes And Perspectives Toward Social Media Platforms
- Snapchat Announce New Mental Health Intervention Feature
- Gaming Help Center
- Study Links Negative Effects Of Cyberbullying With Serious Mental Health Problems Among Young People
- Understanding Social Media And Mental Health
- Corporate Partnership Program
- Cybersmile Newsroom
- Become A Cybersmile Sustainer