Cybersmile Announce Actress Garcelle Beauvais as Official Ambassador
With our recent national State of Play Report highlighting concerning trends of identity-based cyberbullying in the U.S., Cybersmile and Garcelle will be working together to promote core values of empathy and compassion while empowering people with the tools they need to be positive digital citizens. If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, follow the links to our various support services or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to start using Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant. Image credit - Ryan West Photo
We are proud to announce Haitian-born, Hollywood actress Garcelle Beauvais as our newest official Cybersmile ambassador.
Beauvais joins a host of celebrities and public figures including the likes of Formula One driver Nicholas Latifi, singer Normani and TikTok star Holly H in supporting Cybersmile’s mission for a truly inclusive internet where everybody feels free to communicate and express themselves without fear.
Garcelle Beauvais is one of the most recognizable names in Hollywood. She made her acting debut in the hit romantic comedy film Coming to America starring Eddie Murphy and co-starred with Jamie Foxx in the culturally renowned TV series The Jamie Foxx Show as Francesca ‘Fancy’ Monroe. Over the years, Garcelle has become a prominent actress, playing a host of major roles in blockbuster films from White House Down opposite Channing Tatum and Jamie Foxx as the First Lady of the United States to Flight with Denzel Washington and in Sony’s smash hit Spider-Man: Homecoming with Tom Holland. She proudly became the first Black cast member for popular Bravo reality TV series The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, which is currently in its 12th season.
“I’m thrilled to announce that I will be supporting The Cybersmile Foundation as an ambassador for change. After my own personal experiences with cyberbullying, I realize the importance of lending my voice to the pursuit of ending this detrimental form of online harassment. My focus is to help raise awareness about cyberbullying on a global level. There are so many people, of all ages and backgrounds, who need useful insight and effective tools for dealing with these types of abusive online situations. My goal is to spread the message that kindness and inclusion are what make the world a much safer space.”
Garcelle Beauvais, Cybersmile Ambassador
Having personally experienced the first-hand effects of online harassment and abuse, Garcelle Beauvais is joining Cybersmile to support our mission for a kinder, more inclusive internet. This won’t be the first time Garcelle has used her platform for good, having supported charitable initiatives throughout her career including a recent humanitarian trip to Haiti – helping to feed over 3,500 children.
With our recent national State of Play Report highlighting concerning trends of identity-based cyberbullying in the U.S., Cybersmile and Garcelle will be working together to promote core values of empathy and compassion while empowering people with the tools they need to be positive digital citizens.
“Cybersmile are honored to welcome Garcelle as an official ambassador. Her philanthropic work in the entertainment business has empowered generations of women and young girls to realize their full potential. We are confident that together, Cybersmile and Garcelle will make a formidable partnership that will have a profound and far-reaching positive social impact.”
Laura Lewandowski, Chief Policy Officer, The Cybersmile Foundation
We will be announcing further details of joint campaigns and initiatives in the coming weeks and months.
If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, we can help you. Visit our Help Center or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to open Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
To learn more about Cybersmile and our work, please explore the following recommendations:
- Who Are Cybersmile?
- People We’ve Helped
- Cybersmile Education Program
- Stop Cyberbullying Day 2022 Highlights
- TikTok Star Holly H Announced as Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- Cybersmile Publish National Digital Wellbeing 2022 Report Examining the Impact of Social Media on Gen Z Wellbeing in the U.K.
- Cybersmile Publish National Gen Z Report Exploring the Prevalence and Emotional Impact of Identity-Based Cyberbullying in the U.S.
- Cybersmile and EE Announce Fundraising Campaign to Mark UEFA Women’s Euros 2022
- Cybersmile Announce Canadian Formula One Driver Nicholas Latifi as New Official Ambassador
- Premier League Footballers Team Up with Cybersmile to Highlight the Real-Life Consequences of Online Abuse
- Cybersmile Partners with BT to Launch Education Platform for Young People to Tackle Online Hate
- Mental Health, Wellbeing and Equity Expert Dr Barbara Mariposa Joins Cybersmile Advisory Panel
- Cybersmile and Urban Decay Launch Global “WORDS HURT IRL” Campaign Featuring Ava Michelle
- Cybersmile and Urban Decay Launch Changemaker Education and Empowerment Program
- Liverpool & England Star Jordan Henderson and Cybersmile team up for ‘People Not Profiles’ Anti-Cyberbullying Campaign
- Cybersmile and CO. by Colgate Hold Roundtable Event to Raise Awareness of Cyberbullying
- Cybersmile and Instagram Partner to #CreateAKinderEnvironment Online
- Cybersmile and Dragon Mania Legends Team Up to Combat Online Bullying and Celebrate Freedom of Expression
- Latin Music Star Samantha Sanchez Announced as Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- BT Unveils Hope United Shirt to Raise Funds for Cybersmile
- Renowned U.K. Doctor And Wellbeing Expert Dr Radha Modgil Joins Cybersmile Advisory Panel
- Cybersmile Announce Partnership with CO. by Colgate
- Catching Up with Liverpool and England Star Jordan Henderson to Discuss the Problem of Online Abuse
- Cybersmile and Asphalt 9: Legends Launch ‘Get on the ride, own the future’ NFT Fundraising Campaign
- Cybersmile And Instagram Announce ‘Banter or Bullying? No Offence’ Report And Campaign
- Cybersmile Warns of Rise in Cyberbullying Incidents Involving Doctored Images and Deepfake Videos
- Twitter Change Policy to Prohibit the Sharing of Images or Videos of People without Their Permission
- British Government Launch New Online Media Literacy Strategy to Help Internet Users Remain Safe and Informed Online
- Cybersmile Unveil New Website and Brand Identity for Stop Cyberbullying Day
- Instagram Announce New Changes to Protect Users from Abuse
- Cybersmile, Instagram and Cosmopolitan Reunite to Unveil The Positivity Index 2021
- Twitch Introduce New Tools And Guidelines To Tackle Hate Speech And Harassment
- Cybersmile and Ten Toes Media Announce Partnership
- Twitter’s Head of U.K. Public Policy Katy Minshall Talks All Things Safety
- Experts Issue Doomscrolling Warning With Increasing Concerns For Mental Health
- Cybersmile Launch Interactive Learning Modules Focused On Getting The Most From Instagram
- Cybersmile Publish National Digital Wellbeing 2020 Report Focussing On Young People’s Technology-Related Wellbeing
- Twitter Announce New Feature To Tackle Misinformation After Successful Trial
- Cybersmile Launch ‘Think Twice before You Type’ Campaign To Mark Safer Internet Day
- Snapchat Announce The Launch Of Snap Minis To Offer Mental Health Support To Users
- Instagram And Facebook Announce Ban On All Content Promoting LGBT Conversion Therapy
- Cybersmile Help Center
- Managing An Eating Disorder During Lockdown
- Facebook And Instagram Announce New Focus To Combat Racism Online
- Cybersmile Announce Brandon Hendrickson As Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- The Cybersmile Conversation (Allow a few seconds to load, but worth the wait!)
- Cybersmile Campaigns
- What We Do
- Cybersmile Gaming
- Australian Government put Big Tech Companies on Notice to End Online Bullying
- Cybersmile Publishes National Millennial And Gen Z Study Of Attitudes And Perspectives Toward Social Media Platforms
- Snapchat Announce New Mental Health Intervention Feature
- Gaming Help Center
- Study Links Negative Effects Of Cyberbullying With Serious Mental Health Problems Among Young People
- Understanding Social Media And Mental Health
- Corporate Partnership Program
- Cybersmile Newsroom
- Become A Cybersmile Sustainer
How amazing is this news?!! Let us know your thoughts by contacting us or tweet us @CybersmileHQ.