Tom Parker Announced as Cybersmiler of the Month Award Winner for September
A host of stars including Ed Sheeran, Liam Payne, McFly, Becky Hill, Sigrid, and KSI joined Tom’s former band members in delighting fans at the sell-out gig, which was also live-streamed for those unable to attend. If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, follow the links to our various support services or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to start using Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
Cybersmile are honored to announce Tom Parker, lead singer of The Wanted as the winner of September’s Cybersmiler of the Month Award for his amazing courage and commitment in raising awareness and funds for cancer charities following his own diagnosis for brain cancer in late 2020.
Tom announced his campaign earlier this year on social media, sharing news with his Instagram followers of his plans to organize a star-studded event called ‘Inside My Head – The Concert’ at the Royal Albert Hall, London in aid of cancer charities Stand Up To Cancer and The National Brain Appeal.
“I was absolutely shocked to discover how low the percentage of the annual research budget for cancer that is devoted to brain tumour research. I want to use my voice and platform to do something about it and help in any small way I can. Music is my life so a concert to raise much needed funds seemed like the perfect idea. We have some amazing artists signed up and I’m really excited, it’s gonna be an amazing night.”
Tom Parker, Cybersmiler of the Month
A host of stars including Ed Sheeran, Liam Payne, McFly, Becky Hill, Sigrid, and KSI joined Tom’s former band members in delighting fans at the sell-out gig, which was also live-streamed for those unable to attend. In an emotional night, a tearful Tom was given a group hug on stage by his fellow band members after performing a host of their biggest hits, which was also their first live performance together in seven years.
Former One Direction band member Liam Payne spoke of his involvement in the event and what it meant to him, saying, ‘When I heard about what Tom was going through, I wanted to reach out to him. He’s showing so much strength and courage and I wanted to offer help and support in any way I could. My thoughts have been with him a lot & it means the world that I can support him and his fundraising efforts by performing at the show, I can’t wait.’
Everyone at Cybersmile would like to say a huge congratulations to Tom for his inclusion into the Cybersmile Hall of Fame and for his inspirational efforts to help others while going through such a life changing and challenging battle against cancer. We think you are an inspiration Tom!
You can explore the Cybersmiler of the Month Award winners Hall of Fame to see a full list of previous recipients and learn more about becoming a brand sponsor of the award here.
If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, we can help you. Visit our Help Center or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to open Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
To learn more about Cybersmile and our work, please explore the following recommendations:
- Who Are Cybersmile?
- People We’ve Helped
- Cybersmile Education Program
- TikTok Star Holly H Announced as Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- Stop Cyberbullying Day 2021 Highlights
- Cybersmile Launches Global Anti-Bullying Campaign in Partnership with Urban Decay Cosmetics
- Liverpool & England Star Jordan Henderson and Cybersmile team up for ‘People Not Profiles’ Anti-Cyberbullying Campaign
- Latin Music Star Samantha Sanchez Announced as Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- BT Unveils Hope United Shirt to Raise Funds for Cybersmile
- Renowned U.K. Doctor And Wellbeing Expert Dr Radha Modgil Joins Cybersmile Advisory Panel
- Cybersmile Announce Partnership with CO. by Colgate
- Catching Up with Liverpool and England Star Jordan Henderson to Discuss the Problem of Online Abuse
- Cybersmile And Instagram Announce ‘Banter or Bullying? No Offence’ Report And Campaign
- British Government Launch New Online Media Literacy Strategy to Help Internet Users Remain Safe and Informed Online
- Cybersmile Unveil New Website and Brand Identity for Stop Cyberbullying Day
- Instagram Announce New Changes to Protect Users from Abuse
- Cybersmile, Instagram and Cosmopolitan Reunite to Unveil The Positivity Index 2021
- Twitch Introduce New Tools And Guidelines To Tackle Hate Speech And Harassment
- Cybersmile and Ten Toes Media Announce Partnership
- Twitter’s Head of U.K. Public Policy Katy Minshall Talks All Things Safety
- Experts Issue Doomscrolling Warning With Increasing Concerns For Mental Health
- Cybersmile Launch Interactive Learning Modules Focused On Getting The Most From Instagram
- Cybersmile Publish National Digital Wellbeing 2020 Report Focussing On Young People’s Technology-Related Wellbeing
- Twitter Announce New Feature To Tackle Misinformation After Successful Trial
- Cybersmile Launch ‘Think Twice before You Type’ Campaign To Mark Safer Internet Day
- Snapchat Announce The Launch Of Snap Minis To Offer Mental Health Support To Users
- Instagram And Facebook Announce Ban On All Content Promoting LGBT Conversion Therapy
- Cybersmile Help Center
- Managing An Eating Disorder During Lockdown
- Facebook And Instagram Announce New Focus To Combat Racism Online
- Cybersmile Announce Brandon Hendrickson As Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- The Cybersmile Conversation (Allow a few seconds to load, but worth the wait!)
- Cybersmile Campaigns
- What We Do
- Cybersmile Gaming
- Australian Government put Big Tech Companies on Notice to End Online Bullying
- Cybersmile Publishes National Millennial And Gen Z Study Of Attitudes And Perspectives Toward Social Media Platforms
- Snapchat Announce New Mental Health Intervention Feature
- Gaming Help Center
- Study Links Negative Effects Of Cyberbullying With Serious Mental Health Problems Among Young People
- Understanding Social Media And Mental Health
- Corporate Partnership Program
- Cybersmile Newsroom
- Become A Cybersmile Sustainer