Stop Cyberbullying Day 2021 Encourages Unity and Acceptance Online
Each year Stop Cyberbullying Day encourages and empowers millions of people around the world to show their commitment toward a truly inclusive and diverse internet. If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, follow the links to our various support services or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to start using Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
Stop Cyberbullying Day 2021 is here and it has never been more important for us all to promote unity and acceptance while speaking out against hate and abuse.
Last year’s event was a huge success with a wide range of activities taking place around the world with brands, celebrities and influencers using their platforms to inspire and empower millions of people to treat others with kindness and respect.
Stop Cyberbullying Day 2021 will be jam-packed with familiar and new faces all coming together to celebrate the power of the internet when used for positive purpose.
“Stop Cyberbullying Day is a reminder that although the internet is one of the most powerful and effective tools on earth for making the world a better place – unfortunately it also highlights the reality that there are still lives being destroyed on a daily basis when this power is abused or used for the wrong reasons. Through the incredible power of the internet, we each have the ability to change the world and we ask that people use that power to make the world a kinder, more inclusive place”
Iain Alexander, The Cybersmile Foundation
Stop Cyberbullying Day activities will run for the next 24 hours with live events, initiatives and campaigns taking place across all five continents. The event will be promoted across most social media platforms including Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Show your commitment to an inclusive internet and demonstrate your support for the day by using the #STOPCYBERBULLYINGDAY hashtag with your social media posts!
Stop Cyberbullying Day 2021 lineup
Because of the global nature of the event, initiatives to support and promote Stop Cyberbullying Day 2021 will take place across multiple time zones. Some of the planned Cybersmile activities include:
What better time to announce exciting new partnerships than when the whole world is looking! Stay tuned throughout the day for partnership launches in the U.S. and U.K. with some incredible brands!
This year’s interviewees range from thought leaders and medical professionals right through to elite international athletes! All interviews will be published exclusively on the Cybersmile and Stop Cyberbullying Day websites and will be shared across the official Cybersmile social media channels throughout the day.
New educational module launch
To mark Stop Cyberbullying Day 2021, Cybersmile will be launching a new addition to our interactive education program focusing on maintaining a positive body image.
Creative Awareness campaign with One Minute Briefs
Keeping with Stop Cyberbullying Day tradition, we’re excited to be bringing back One Minute Briefs for this year’s event with a call for new creative designs to celebrate and raise awareness of the day.
How to get involved today
There are lots of ways you can show your support for an inclusive internet without the need for pre-planning. Internet users, brands, organizations and governments are all encouraged to show their commitment and support by creating positive content and sharing messages of support and kindness on social media using the #STOPCYBERBULLYINGDAY hashtag across all social platforms.
We would like to say a MASSIVE thank you to everybody who has made Stop Cyberbullying Day 2021 possible! For more information about Cybersmile and the work we do, please explore the recommendations below:
- Who Are Cybersmile?
- People We’ve Helped
- Cybersmile Education Program
- TikTok Star Holly H Announced As Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- Cybersmile Campaign And Activity Highlights From 2020
- Liverpool & England Star Jordan Henderson and Cybersmile team up for ‘People Not Profiles’ Anti-Cyberbullying Campaign
- Renowned Doctor And Wellbeing Expert Dr Radha Modgil Joins Cybersmile Advisory Panel
- Cybersmile And Instagram Announce ‘Banter or Bullying? No Offence’ Report And Campaign
- Cybersmile Unveil New Website and Brand Identity for Stop Cyberbullying Day
- TikTok Announce New Feature to Combat Cyberbullying and Abuse
- Instagram Announce New Changes to Protect Users from Abuse
- Cybersmile, Instagram and Cosmopolitan Reunite to Unveil The Positivity Index 2021
- Twitch Introduce New Tools And Guidelines To Tackle Hate Speech And Harassment
- Experts Issue Doomscrolling Warning With Increasing Concerns For Mental Health
- Cybersmile Launch Interactive Learning Modules Focused On Getting The Most From Instagram
- Cybersmile Publish National Digital Wellbeing 2020 Report Focussing On Young People’s Technology-Related Wellbeing
- Twitter Announce New Feature To Tackle Misinformation After Successful Trial
- Cybersmile Launch ‘Think Twice before You Type’ Campaign To Mark Safer Internet Day
- Snapchat Announce The Launch Of Snap Minis To Offer Mental Health Support To Users
- Instagram And Facebook Announce Ban On All Content Promoting LGBT Conversion Therapy
- Cybersmile Help Center
- Managing An Eating Disorder During Lockdown
- Facebook And Instagram Announce New Focus To Combat Racism Online
- Cybersmile Announce Brandon Hendrickson As Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- The Cybersmile Conversation (Allow a few seconds to load, but worth the wait!)
- Cybersmile Experiences 900% Increase In People Seeking Help For Chatroulette Related Issues
- Cybersmile Offers Free Digital Education And Support In Response To Coronavirus Crisis
- How To Stay Positive During Lockdown And Self-Isoloation
- Cybersmile Campaigns
- What We Do
- Cybersmile Gaming
- New Report Shows Rise In Severe Cases Of Online Harassment
- Cybersmile Publishes National Millennial And Gen Z Study Of Attitudes And Perspectives Toward Social Media Platforms
- Snapchat Announce New Mental Health Intervention Feature
- Gaming Help Center
- Study Links Negative Effects Of Cyberbullying With Serious Mental Health Problems Among Young People
- Understanding Social Media And Mental Health
- Corporate Partnership Program
- Cybersmile Newsroom
- Become A Cybersmile Sustainer