Skier Lindsey Vonn Announced as October’s Cybersmiler of the Month Award Winner
Lindsey encouraged her community on social media to continue promoting a body positive culture and also added a powerful statement regarding her commitment to authenticity and self-worth online. If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, follow the links to our various support services or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to start using Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
We are proud to announce four-time World Cup winning skier, Lindsey Vonn as our Cybersmiler of the Month Award winner for October. This month’s award goes to Lyndsey in recognition of her powerful body positive messaging in response to ruthless comments made about her body online.
Lindsey, former Olympic Alpine ski racer and first ever U.S. woman to win gold in a Winter Olympic Downhill Ski event, spoke out about how photos of her in swimwear had provoked a tirade of vitriolic body-shaming comments. In response, Lyndsey shared a powerful Instagram post condemning the body-shaming comments on her unfiltered holiday photos.
“I’ve posted quite a few swimsuit pics lately, which is scarier than it seems. Even as an athlete there are ruthless comments and media stories that tear apart my body and I admit it sometimes hurts me. I’m a normal person and sometimes I slouch, my stomach folds over, my cellulite shows on my butt, or I don’t fill out my swimsuit top just right. But, I always remember how my body has helped me achieve amazing things in my life and I am proud of how strong I am.”
Lindsey Vonn, Cybersmiler of the Month
Lindsey went on to thank her supporters, encouraging them to continue promoting a body positive culture and also adding a powerful statement regarding her commitment to authenticity and self-worth which has been shared and liked by hundreds of thousands of social media users.
“One thing I can promise all of you is that I never Photoshop my photos and am proud to officially never had any plastic surgery of any kind. No Botox, no fillers, no mini surgeries. Literally nothing. I am 100% natural and 100% Lindsey. So to anyone who is feeling self-conscious or down about their appearance; stay strong, stay healthy and love yourself no matter what the haters say.”
Lindsey Vonn, Cybersmiler of the Month
Everybody at Cybersmile would like to thank Lindsey for inspiring and empowering so many people who struggle with their own self-image and self-confidence. We believe that Lyndsey is a true Cybersmiler and thoroughly deserves this recognition for all she has done to encourage and empower people to love and appreciate the skin that they are in.
You can explore the Cybersmiler of the Month Award winners Hall of Fame to see a full list of previous recipients and learn more about becoming a brand sponsor of the award here.
If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, we can help you. Visit our Help Center or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to open Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant. To learn more about Cybersmile and our work, please explore the following recommendations:
- Who Are Cybersmile?
- People We’ve Helped
- Britain’s Biggest TikTok Star Holly H Announced As Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- Stop Cyberbullying Day 2020 Encourages Kindness And Acceptance Online
- Renowned U.K. Doctor And Wellbeing Expert Dr Radha Modgil Joins Cybersmile Advisory Panel
- Experts Issue Doomscrolling Warning With Increasing Concerns For Mental Health
- Cybersmile Publish National Digital Wellbeing 2020 Report Focussing On Young People’s Technology-Related Wellbeing
- Twitter Announce New Feature To Tackle Misinformation After Successful Trial
- Snapchat Announce The Launch Of Snap Minis To Offer Mental Health Support To Users
- Instagram And Facebook Announce Ban On All Content Promoting LGBT Conversion Therapy
- Cybersmile Help Center
- Managing An Eating Disorder During Lockdown
- Facebook And Instagram Announce New Focus To Combat Racism Online
- The Cybersmile Conversation (Allow a few seconds to load, but worth the wait!)
- Cybersmile, Cosmopolitan And Instagram Team Up To Launch The Positivity Index
- Cybersmile Experiences 900% Increase In People Seeking Help For Chatroulette Related Issues
- Experts Around The World Warn Parents To Be Vigilant As Cyberbullying Increases During Lockdown
- Cybersmile Offers Free Digital Education And Support In Response To Coronavirus Crisis
- How To Stay Positive During Lockdown And Self-Isoloation
- Cybersmile Campaigns
- What We Do
- Cybersmile Gaming
- New Three-Digit Mental Health Emergency Hotline Set To Launch Across U.S.
- Cybersmile And Instagram Announce Anti-Bullying Campaign: Banter or Bullying?
- Cybersmile Publishes National Millennial And Gen Z Study Of Attitudes And Perspectives Toward Social Media Platforms
- Snapchat Announce New Mental Health Intervention Feature
- Gaming Help Center
- Study Links Negative Effects Of Cyberbullying With Serious Mental Health Problems Among Young People
- Understanding Social Media And Mental Health
- Corporate Partnership Program
- Cybersmile Newsroom
- Become A Cybersmile Sustainer