Megan Thee Stallion Announced as Cybersmiler of the Month Award Winner for September
Since the launch of her new campaign website, Megan has built a community of people that are supportive of one another, in turn, giving others hope and the courage to seek out help. If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, follow the links to our various support services or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to start using Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
We are excited to announce Megan Thee Stallion as September’s Cybersmiler of the Month Award winner for launching a powerful and much needed mental health campaign entitled “Bad B**ches Have Bad Days Too.” The campaign website brings together a host of useful resources encouraging mental wellness within LGBTQ+ and marginalized communities.
Helping to give people confidence and supporting their mental health, the rapper wanted to make the debate about mental health more open, break down stigma, and user her celebrity power to do good – and we couldn’t agree with her more!
Having personally been affected by the death of her mother, which is detailed in her latest album “Traumazine,” Megan’s mental health took a turn for the worse, and she realized that she needed therapy. However, for strong and confident women, it’s not always easy to admit that one needs help, or to seek out the support of others.
Speaking on the art of being a powerful woman to Chelsea and Hillary Clinton in a recent interview, Megan said:
“I had to really just learn that that’s what comes with being a powerful woman. When you don’t show any weakness, they try and keep on figuring out, what is it that’s going to make her tick? As much as you come at me, I’m going to come at you, just by my confidence. I’m going to come at you with just my life. You’re not going to break me down. I bet you get worn out before I do.”
Megan Thee Stallion, Cybersmiler of the Month
Since the launch of her new campaign website, Megan has built a community of people that are supportive of one another, in turn, giving others hope and the courage to seek out help. With growing problems of comparison culture, online abuse and harmful social content affecting people’s overall mental health – Megan Thee Stallion’s efforts have never been more needed.
Everybody at Cybersmile is inspired by Megan’s strength and decision to use her powerful platform to empower others who might be struggling with their mental health. You are a true Cybersmiler Megan!
You can explore the Cybersmiler of the Month Award winners Hall of Fame to see a full list of previous recipients and learn more about becoming a brand sponsor of the award here.
If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, we can help you. Visit our Help Center or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to open Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
To learn more about Cybersmile and our work, please explore the following recommendations:
- Who Are Cybersmile?
- People We’ve Helped
- Cybersmile Education Program
- Cybersmile Announce Hollywood Actress Garcelle Beauvais as Official Ambassador
- Stop Cyberbullying Day 2022 Highlights
- TikTok Star Holly H Announced as Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- Cybersmile Publish National Digital Wellbeing 2022 Report Examining the Impact of Social Media on Gen Z Wellbeing in the U.K.
- Cybersmile Publish National Gen Z Report Exploring the Prevalence and Emotional Impact of Identity-Based Cyberbullying in the U.S.
- Cybersmile and EE Announce Fundraising Campaign to Mark UEFA Women’s Euros 2022
- Cybersmile Announce Canadian Formula One Driver Nicholas Latifi as New Official Ambassador
- Premier League Footballers Team Up with Cybersmile to Highlight the Real-Life Consequences of Online Abuse
- Cybersmile Partners with BT to Launch Education Platform for Young People to Tackle Online Hate
- Mental Health, Wellbeing and Equity Expert Dr Barbara Mariposa Joins Cybersmile Advisory Panel
- Cybersmile and Urban Decay Launch Global “WORDS HURT IRL” Campaign Featuring Ava Michelle
- Cybersmile and Urban Decay Launch Changemaker Education and Empowerment Program
- Liverpool & England Star Jordan Henderson and Cybersmile team up for ‘People Not Profiles’ Anti-Cyberbullying Campaign
- Cybersmile and CO. by Colgate Hold Roundtable Event to Raise Awareness of Cyberbullying
- Cybersmile and Instagram Partner to #CreateAKinderEnvironment Online
- Cybersmile and Dragon Mania Legends Team Up to Combat Online Bullying and Celebrate Freedom of Expression
- Latin Music Star Samantha Sanchez Announced as Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- BT Unveils Hope United Shirt to Raise Funds for Cybersmile
- Renowned U.K. Doctor And Wellbeing Expert Dr Radha Modgil Joins Cybersmile Advisory Panel
- Cybersmile Announce Partnership with CO. by Colgate
- Catching Up with Liverpool and England Star Jordan Henderson to Discuss the Problem of Online Abuse
- Cybersmile and Asphalt 9: Legends Launch ‘Get on the ride, own the future’ NFT Fundraising Campaign
- Cybersmile And Instagram Announce ‘Banter or Bullying? No Offence’ Report And Campaign
- Cybersmile Warns of Rise in Cyberbullying Incidents Involving Doctored Images and Deepfake Videos
- Twitter Change Policy to Prohibit the Sharing of Images or Videos of People without Their Permission
- British Government Launch New Online Media Literacy Strategy to Help Internet Users Remain Safe and Informed Online
- Cybersmile Unveil New Website and Brand Identity for Stop Cyberbullying Day
- Instagram Announce New Changes to Protect Users from Abuse
- Cybersmile, Instagram and Cosmopolitan Reunite to Unveil The Positivity Index 2021
- Twitch Introduce New Tools And Guidelines To Tackle Hate Speech And Harassment
- Cybersmile and Ten Toes Media Announce Partnership
- Twitter’s Head of U.K. Public Policy Katy Minshall Talks All Things Safety
- Experts Issue Doomscrolling Warning With Increasing Concerns For Mental Health
- Cybersmile Launch Interactive Learning Modules Focused On Getting The Most From Instagram
- Cybersmile Publish National Digital Wellbeing 2020 Report Focussing On Young People’s Technology-Related Wellbeing
- Twitter Announce New Feature To Tackle Misinformation After Successful Trial
- Cybersmile Launch ‘Think Twice before You Type’ Campaign To Mark Safer Internet Day
- Snapchat Announce The Launch Of Snap Minis To Offer Mental Health Support To Users
- Instagram And Facebook Announce Ban On All Content Promoting LGBT Conversion Therapy
- Cybersmile Help Center
- Managing An Eating Disorder During Lockdown
- Facebook And Instagram Announce New Focus To Combat Racism Online
- Cybersmile Announce Brandon Hendrickson As Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- The Cybersmile Conversation (Allow a few seconds to load, but worth the wait!)
- Cybersmile Campaigns
- What We Do
- Cybersmile Gaming
- Australian Government put Big Tech Companies on Notice to End Online Bullying
- Cybersmile Publishes National Millennial And Gen Z Study Of Attitudes And Perspectives Toward Social Media Platforms
- Snapchat Announce New Mental Health Intervention Feature
- Gaming Help Center
- Study Links Negative Effects Of Cyberbullying With Serious Mental Health Problems Among Young People
- Understanding Social Media And Mental Health
- Corporate Partnership Program
- Cybersmile Newsroom
- Become A Cybersmile Sustainer