Kristen Bell Wins Cybersmiler Of The Month Award For November
This isn't the first time that Kristen has won this award. Back in 2017, Kristen was awarded the Cybersmiler of the Month Award for helping the victims of hurricane Irma. We love the fact that Kristen has won for a second time and is demonstrating the huge power of social media when used for positive purpose - more of this please!
Joining the likes of John Cena, Jesy Nelson and Pharrell Williams, we are excited to announce Frozen 2 actress Kristen Bell as our Cybersmiler of the Month Award winner for November, after using her huge following on Instagram to help school teachers in need.
When it comes to going back to school, children and their parents aren’t the only people ensuring that they have everything they need for the school year ahead. Teachers across the country are also feeling the pinch when it comes to making sure that their classrooms are filled with everything they need to help the children realize their potential.
This is where hero Kristen enters the frame, using the #FeatureTeacherFriday hashtag each Friday. Kristen has been featuring school teachers on her Instagram account who desperately need supplies and provisions for their students. Often from disadvantaged areas, the items needed frequently include basics such as notebooks and pens.
The Friday feature allows guest teachers to post a wish list on Kristen’s Instagram account which Kristen’s followers can personally respond to by amplifying the call for help on their social channels or by donating themselves. The response to #FeatureTeacherFriday has been incredible, with grateful teachers reporting back on the wave of gifts and donations they have been receiving.
“I was speechless. I’ve always had an Amazon wish list with the things I wanted for my students, but never did I believe this would happen.”
Veronica Landa, Teacher, Long Island Middle School
Kristen has found a way to use her huge power on social media to do some good in the world, and plans to continue with the campaign indefinitely, commenting in a video that the feature would continue “every Friday till the end of time. Till all the teachers have everything that they need and our kids grow up great.”
We think that this is a fantastic example of how social media can have a positive social impact when used for good, well done Kristen for your amazing work – you are a very worthy Cybersmiler of the Month Award winner!
Remember to let us know if you see any brands or celebrities going the extra mile to make the world a better place. To learn more about Cybersmile and our work, please explore the following recommendations:
- Who Are Cybersmile?
- People We’ve Helped
- Cyberbullying And Online Abuse Help Center
- The Cybersmile Conversation (Allow a few seconds to load, but worth the wait!)
- World Leaders And Technology Companies Pledge To Fight Online Hate Speech
- Cybersmile And Claire’s Partner For Bullying Prevention Month Campaign
- Studies Reveal Stark Contrast Between Teenage Male And Female Cyberbullying Incidents
- Cybersmile Campaigns
- Cybersmile Publishes National Banter Or Bullying? Research Report
- What We Do
- Cybersmile Gaming
- Catching Up With Zoe Sugg To Discuss Life Online
- Cybersmile And Instagram Announce Anti-Bullying Campaign: Banter or Bullying?
- Cybersmile Publishes National Millennial And Gen Z Study Of Attitudes And Perspectives Toward Social Media Platforms
- Florida Mandates Mental Health Learning In Schools
- Stop Cyberbullying Day 2019 Highlights
- Cybersmile And Rimmel Launch Groundbreaking AI Support Assistant
- Gaming Help Center
- Cybersmile Launch Interactive Digital Civility Learning Platform
- Understanding Social Media And Mental Health
- Cybersmile Wins Gold At Cannes Lions For Body Positivity Campaign
- Cybersmile To Make All Educational Workshops Completely Free For Everybody
- Corporate Partnership Program
- Cybersmile Newsroom
- Become A Cybersmile Sustainer