Drake Wins Cybersmiler Of The Month Award For February
Drake has handed away the entire video production budget for his most recent single to people in need - what more can we say than Drake is our type of guy!
Another month means another public figure changing lives – and this month’s winner has certainly been doing that! Joining previous winners of the award including the likes of swimming legend Michael Phelps and Kristen Bell, we are excited to announce that February’s Cybersmiler of the Month Award goes to rapper Drake.
Recently, the global icon was in Miami filming the music video to accompany his hit song ‘God’s plan’ when he decided to orchestrate a string of good deeds by generously donating his whole budget for the music video ($996,631) to selected Miami residents who were in need of extra help. The rapper explained that they had given away all the production budget at the beginning of the video with the caption reading “We gave it all away… Don’t tell the label.”
“The most important thing I have ever done in my career.”
Drake, Cybersmiler of the Month
Many people benefited from Drake’s incredible generosity, including student Destiny James who Drake surprised with a scholarship to the University of Miami in the form of a $50,000 check and many passers by on the street who Drake was handing out piles of cash to. Some other examples of the lives that Drake changed and improved through his random act of kindness include…
- Drake visiting a local supermarket with a megaphone and going on to announce that he would pay for everybody’s groceries and for everyone to help themselves to as much shopping as they could possibly transport, the final bill reportedly coming close to the figure of $50,000.
- Stopping by a Miami High school where he not only donated $25,000, but also handed out a school uniform to every student designed by his own apparel label OVO (Octobers Very Own) and allowing the students to take part in his latest music video.
- Drake making his way to Miami’s Lotus House, a local shelter providing emergency accommodation to women with children and handing out toys to the children and $150 Target gift cards to the women staying at the shelter.
The rapper also enjoyed being in a position to change the lives of so many people in such a positive way, telling his followers on Instagram that it was “The most important thing I have ever done in my career.”
Drake has demonstrated that we can all enhance and change each others’ lives, even in ways that might seem small or unimportant to us – which can literally change people’s entire perspective of the world and all humanity! Drake is a true Cybersmiler and we are all smiling at Cybersmile HQ to even have the opportunity to write such a positive and uplifting article – well done Drake.
If you hear of any celebrities, influencers or brands that are going the extra mile to make our world a better place, let us know! For further information about Cybersmile and the work we do, please explore the suggestions below.
- Who Are Cybersmile?
- People We Have Helped!
- The Cybersmile Conversation (Allow a few moments to load, but worth the wait!)
- Twitter Introduce New Policies To Tackle Accounts That Promote Self-Harm And Suicide
- Official Cybersmile Ambassadors
- Become An Official Cybersmile School Partner
- Global Support Service
- Cybersmile Campaign Highlights From 2017
- Positive Activist Program
- Cybersmile Gaming
- Stop Cyberbullying Day
- Everything You Need To Know About The ‘Blue Whale Challenge’
- Cybersmile Newsroom
- Corporate Partnership Program
- Become A Cybersmile Sustainer
What are your thoughts about Drake helping all these people? Tweet us @CybersmileHQ.