Cybersmile Launch Digital Wellbeing Campaign on World Mental Health Day 2022
World Mental Health Day activities will run for 24 hours with Cybersmile activations continuing on throughout Bullying Prevention Month - bringing free-to-access resources to those most in need wherever they are in the world. If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, follow the links to our various support services or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to start using Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
To mark World Mental Health Day 2022, Cybersmile is launching a multi-channel campaign to raise awareness of the importance of digital wellbeing.
The campaign activities will encourage internet users from around the world to be mindful of the risks associated with online life and make available new digital wellbeing educational resources to provide internet users with simple tools to safeguard themselves and their mental health from some of the risks associated with time spent online.
World Mental Health Day brings together organizations, governments, stakeholders and the public to highlight mental health issues around the world. To coincide with this year’s event, Cybersmile will be revealing a number of initiatives and new resources to help internet users navigate online life and help them remain mindful of the impact that our connected world can have on our mental health.
“World Mental Health Day reminds us that we all have mental health and that we all need to be mindful of the things that can negatively affect it. We are proud to be launching our international campaign today which focuses on digital wellbeing, a key area when considering mental health in 2022.”
Dan Raisbeck, Co-founder, The Cybersmile Foundation
World Mental Health Day activities will run for 24 hours with Cybersmile activations continuing on throughout Bullying Prevention Month – bringing free-to-access resources to those most in need.
Cybersmile World Mental Health Day 2022 activities
Planned activities will be taking place to coincide with World Mental Health Day. Some of these include:
Launch of new Cybersmile Digital Wellbeing module
We will be launching a brand new Digital Wellbeing module to help internet users be mindful of the effects that time spent online can have on their mental and physical health. The development of the new module incorporates findings from two recent Cybersmile national studies across the US and the UK. You can explore the new module here.
Exclusive Cybersmile Ambassador guest contribution
In honor of World Mental Health Day, Hollywood actress and Cybersmile ambassador Garcelle Beauvais will be contributing an exclusive guest post to the Cybersmile website, sharing her personal thoughts and insights into the role that social media plays in her life.
We will be announcing an exciting new partnership designed to break down stigma around mental health and promote digital wellbeing to a wider audience throughout World Mental Health Day and Bullying Prevention Month. Stay tuned for this announcement throughout the day!
Launch of new multi-channel PSA videos
To mark World Mental Health Day and Bullying Prevention Month, Cybersmile and a host of renowned entertainers, public figures and medical experts will participate in new Public Service Announcements, raising awareness of mental health support and resources offered by Cybersmile.
How to get involved
There are many ways you can get involved on World Mental Health day to help break down stigma and raise awareness of mental health related issues. You can use #WorldMentalHealthDay with your social posts across platforms to help make your efforts more visible. We hope to see you there!
If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, we can help you. Visit our Help Center or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to open Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
To learn more about Cybersmile and our work, please explore the following recommendations:
- Who Are Cybersmile?
- People We’ve Helped
- Cybersmile Education Program
- Cybersmile Announce Hollywood Actress Garcelle Beauvais as Official Ambassador
- Stop Cyberbullying Day 2022 Highlights
- TikTok Star Holly H Announced as Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- Cybersmile Publish National Digital Wellbeing 2022 Report Examining the Impact of Social Media on Gen Z Wellbeing in the U.K.
- Cybersmile Publish National Gen Z Report Exploring the Prevalence and Emotional Impact of Identity-Based Cyberbullying in the U.S.
- Cybersmile and EE Announce Fundraising Campaign to Mark UEFA Women’s Euros 2022
- Cybersmile Announce Canadian Formula One Driver Nicholas Latifi as New Official Ambassador
- Premier League Footballers Team Up with Cybersmile to Highlight the Real-Life Consequences of Online Abuse
- Cybersmile Partners with BT to Launch Education Platform for Young People to Tackle Online Hate
- Mental Health, Wellbeing and Equity Expert Dr Barbara Mariposa Joins Cybersmile Advisory Panel
- Cybersmile and Urban Decay Launch Global “WORDS HURT IRL” Campaign Featuring Ava Michelle
- Cybersmile and Urban Decay Launch Changemaker Education and Empowerment Program
- Liverpool & England Star Jordan Henderson and Cybersmile team up for ‘People Not Profiles’ Anti-Cyberbullying Campaign
- Cybersmile and CO. by Colgate Hold Roundtable Event to Raise Awareness of Cyberbullying
- Cybersmile and Instagram Partner to #CreateAKinderEnvironment Online
- Cybersmile and Dragon Mania Legends Team Up to Combat Online Bullying and Celebrate Freedom of Expression
- Latin Music Star Samantha Sanchez Announced as Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- BT Unveils Hope United Shirt to Raise Funds for Cybersmile
- Renowned U.K. Doctor And Wellbeing Expert Dr Radha Modgil Joins Cybersmile Advisory Panel
- Cybersmile Announce Partnership with CO. by Colgate
- Catching Up with Liverpool and England Star Jordan Henderson to Discuss the Problem of Online Abuse
- Cybersmile and Asphalt 9: Legends Launch ‘Get on the ride, own the future’ NFT Fundraising Campaign
- Cybersmile And Instagram Announce ‘Banter or Bullying? No Offence’ Report And Campaign
- Cybersmile Warns of Rise in Cyberbullying Incidents Involving Doctored Images and Deepfake Videos
- Twitter Change Policy to Prohibit the Sharing of Images or Videos of People without Their Permission
- British Government Launch New Online Media Literacy Strategy to Help Internet Users Remain Safe and Informed Online
- Cybersmile Unveil New Website and Brand Identity for Stop Cyberbullying Day
- Instagram Announce New Changes to Protect Users from Abuse
- Cybersmile, Instagram and Cosmopolitan Reunite to Unveil The Positivity Index 2021
- Twitch Introduce New Tools And Guidelines To Tackle Hate Speech And Harassment
- Cybersmile and Ten Toes Media Announce Partnership
- Twitter’s Head of U.K. Public Policy Katy Minshall Talks All Things Safety
- Experts Issue Doomscrolling Warning With Increasing Concerns For Mental Health
- Cybersmile Launch Interactive Learning Modules Focused On Getting The Most From Instagram
- Cybersmile Publish National Digital Wellbeing 2020 Report Focussing On Young People’s Technology-Related Wellbeing
- Twitter Announce New Feature To Tackle Misinformation After Successful Trial
- Cybersmile Launch ‘Think Twice before You Type’ Campaign To Mark Safer Internet Day
- Snapchat Announce The Launch Of Snap Minis To Offer Mental Health Support To Users
- Instagram And Facebook Announce Ban On All Content Promoting LGBT Conversion Therapy
- Cybersmile Help Center
- Managing An Eating Disorder During Lockdown
- Facebook And Instagram Announce New Focus To Combat Racism Online
- Cybersmile Announce Brandon Hendrickson As Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- The Cybersmile Conversation (Allow a few seconds to load, but worth the wait!)
- Cybersmile Campaigns
- What We Do
- Cybersmile Gaming
- Australian Government put Big Tech Companies on Notice to End Online Bullying
- Cybersmile Publishes National Millennial And Gen Z Study Of Attitudes And Perspectives Toward Social Media Platforms
- Snapchat Announce New Mental Health Intervention Feature
- Gaming Help Center
- Study Links Negative Effects Of Cyberbullying With Serious Mental Health Problems Among Young People
- Understanding Social Media And Mental Health
- Corporate Partnership Program
- Cybersmile Newsroom
- Become A Cybersmile Sustainer
Are you doing anything for World Mental Health Day? Let us know by contacting us or tweet us @CybersmileHQ.