Cybersmile Announced As Official Charity Partner For WeeCon 2020
As the official charity partner for WeeCon, viewers and participants will be raising funds for Cybersmile throughout the event, which will feature special guest interviews, giveaways, panel discussions and appearances from the likes of Armando Iannucci, Ruth Connell, Mark Rowley and many more! If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, follow the links to our various support services or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to start using Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
We are excited to announce that Cybersmile have been selected as the official charity partner for WeeCon 2020.
WeeCon is a digital event celebrating powerful, positive entertainment. Special guests confirmed for WeeCon 2020, include Armando Iannucci (Veep, The Death of Stalin, The Personal History of David Copperfield), Ruth Connell (Supernatural) and Mark Rowley (The Last Kingdom), to name a few.
The weekend event will be hosted by WeeCon founder, Claire Lim aka Wee Claire, presenter, writer and Twitch Partner. Through her work as a presenter, Claire has interviewed the likes of Jeff Goldblum and Jamie Lee Curtis as well as presenting on BBC’s The Social Gaming.
“Digital mental health and wellbeing isn’t something that’s often talked about, we talk about the trolls and the negative news feed but we need to think deeper about how we treat each other and connect online, especially now we are more reliant than ever – Cybersmile do great work to promote this and create safe spaces and it’s something I feel passionate about with my own community on Twitch – creating a positive atmosphere online.”
Claire Lim, Founder, WeeCon
Claire is also one of MCM Comic Con’s main hosts, hosting stages and interviews with the likes of Simon Pegg, Sean Astin, David Harbour and Sebastian Stan, in front of live audiences.
As the official charity partner for WeeCon, viewers and participants will be raising funds for Cybersmile throughout the event, which will feature special guest interviews, giveaways, panel discussions and appearances from a host of other names, including Iain Lee (The 11 O’clock Show), comedians John Robertson and Bilal Zafar, and X-Men: The Animated Series creators, Julia and Eric Lewald.
“Everybody at Cybersmile is incredibly honored to be selected as the official charity partner for WeeCon 2020. Cybersmile believes that the internet is the most powerful tool on earth and WeeCon is a perfect example of how all that power can be used in the right way!”
Dan Raisbeck, Co-founder, The Cybersmile Foundation
WeeCon 2020 will be broadcast live on Claire Lim aka Wee Claire’s Twitch channel on the 5th and 6th of September, starting at 1pm (UK) and finishing at 7pm (UK) on both days. The event is free to watch but only followers and subscribers of Claire’s Twitch channel will be able to interact in the Twitch chat and have the chance to participate actively in the Q+As and giveaways during that weekend. See below for the full schedule:
We want to say a huge thank you to Claire and everybody else who has made the event possible – we are extremely grateful for your support!
You can hear more from Claire about WeeCon and the decision to choose Cybersmile as the official charity partner for the event in our exclusive interview.
If you are affected by anything touched on within this article we can help you. Visit our Help Center or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to open Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant. To learn more about Cybersmile and our work, please explore the following recommendations:
- Who Are Cybersmile?
- People We’ve Helped
- Stop Cyberbullying Day 2020 Encourages Kindness And Acceptance Online
- Catching Up With Claire Lim aka Wee Claire To Discuss WeeCon 2020
- Renowned U.K. Doctor And Wellbeing Expert Dr Radha Modgil Joins Cybersmile Advisory Panel
- Cybersmile Publish National Digital Wellbeing 2020 Report Focussing On Young People’s Technology-Related Wellbeing
- Concerns Raised Over Eating Disorder Content On TikTok
- Snapchat Announce The Launch Of Snap Minis To Offer Mental Health Support To Users
- Instagram And Facebook Announce Ban On All Content Promoting LGBT Conversion Therapy
- Nicola Glencross AKA WWE Superstar ‘Nikki Cross’ Announced As Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- Cybersmile Help Center
- Managing An Eating Disorder During Lockdown
- Facebook And Instagram Announce New Focus To Combat Racism Online
- The Cybersmile Conversation (Allow a few seconds to load, but worth the wait!)
- Online Hate Targeting Asian People Spikes As Coronavirus Crisis Deepens
- Cybersmile, Cosmopolitan And Instagram Team Up To Launch The Positivity Index
- Cybersmile Experiences 900% Increase In People Seeking Help For Chatroulette Related Issues
- Experts Around The World Warn Parents To Be Vigilant As Cyberbullying Increases During Lockdown
- Body Confidence Influencer Chessie King Announced As Official Cybersmile Ambassador And Media Spokesperson
- Cybersmile Offers Free Digital Education And Support In Response To Coronavirus Crisis
- How To Stay Positive During Lockdown And Self-Isoloation
- Cybersmile Campaigns
- What We Do
- Cybersmile Gaming
- New Three-Digit Mental Health Emergency Hotline Set To Launch Across U.S.
- Catching Up With Zoe Sugg To Discuss Life Online
- Cybersmile And Instagram Announce Anti-Bullying Campaign: Banter or Bullying?
- Cybersmile Publishes National Millennial And Gen Z Study Of Attitudes And Perspectives Toward Social Media Platforms
- Snapchat Announce New Mental Health Intervention Feature
- Gaming Help Center
- Study Links Negative Effects Of Cyberbullying With Serious Mental Health Problems Among Young People
- Understanding Social Media And Mental Health
- Corporate Partnership Program
- Cybersmile Newsroom
- Become A Cybersmile Sustainer
How amazing is this?!! Let us know your thoughts by contacting us or tweet us @CybersmileHQ.