Cavanaugh Bell Announced As Cybersmiler of the Month Award Winner For July
Following lots of hard work online, Cavanaugh ended up delivering a 53-foot long trailer packed full of emergency COVID-19 supplies to the Oglala Sioux Tribe in South Dakota. If you are affected by anything touched on within this article, follow the links to our various support services or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to start using Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant.
We are proud to announce Maryland 7-year-old, Cavanaugh Bell as the winner of July’s Cybersmiler of the Month Award.
Cavanaugh’s use of the internet to organize the delivery of a whole trailer full of emergency COVID-19 supplies to the Oglala Sioux Tribe in South Dakota is not only incredibly heartwarming – but also a reminder of the mind-blowing power of the internet when it is used for good.
It all started when Cavanaugh asked his parents about the indigenous people of the Pine Ridge Reservation while on a family trip to Mount Rushmore. After learning how poverty and lack of basic resources had affected Olga Sioux living on the reservation, he decided to do something about it. Once the determined 7-year-old returned home, he immediately set about raising awareness and support online to help them.
“With my community pantry and the great people that donate to it, I knew it was the best time to help Pine Ridge right now, especially as they try to stop the spread of COVID on the reservation.”
Cavanaugh Bell, Cybersmiler of the Month
All of Cavanaugh’s hard work online paid off in a big way! He ended up delivering a 53-foot long trailer packed with provisions including non-perishable food items, cleaning and hygiene supplies and clothes. Cavanaugh was joined on the trip by his parents, who drove the donated supplies from the family’s home town of Maryland to South Dakota, a trip of over 1,400 miles!
“This shows us what an incredible force for good the internet can be. Regardless of age, we all have the ability to reach out and help people in need. We are delighted to welcome Cavanaugh to our Cybersmiler of The Month hall of fame, he is a remarkable young man and an example of exemplary digital citizenship!”
Dan Raisbeck, Co-founder, The Cybersmile Foundation
Everybody at Cybersmile wants to say a big WELL DONE to Cavanaugh for his inspirational use of the internet to help others in need and also send out a huge CONGRATULATIONS for earning the thoroughly deserved title of Cybersmiler of the Month for July!
You can explore the Cybersmiler of the Month Award winners Hall of Fame to see a full list of previous recipients and learn more about becoming a brand sponsor of the award here.
If you are affected by anything touched on within this article or any kind of negativity online, we can help you. Visit our Help Center or click on the blue logo icon at the bottom right of the screen to open Cybersmile Assistant, our smart AI support assistant. To learn more about Cybersmile and our work, please explore the following recommendations:
- Who Are Cybersmile?
- People We’ve Helped
- Stop Cyberbullying Day 2020 Encourages Kindness And Acceptance Online
- Renowned U.K. Doctor And Wellbeing Expert Dr Radha Modgil Joins Cybersmile Advisory Panel
- Cybersmile Publish National Digital Wellbeing 2020 Report Focussing On Young People’s Technology-Related Wellbeing
- Concerns Raised Over Eating Disorder Content On TikTok
- Instagram And Facebook Announce Ban On All Content Promoting LGBT Conversion Therapy
- Nicola Glencross AKA WWE Superstar ‘Nikki Cross’ Announced As Official Cybersmile Ambassador
- Cybersmile Help Center
- Managing An Eating Disorder During Lockdown
- The Cybersmile Conversation (Allow a few seconds to load, but worth the wait!)
- Online Hate Targeting Asian People Spikes As Coronavirus Crisis Deepens
- Cybersmile, Cosmopolitan And Instagram Team Up To Launch The Positivity Index
- Cybersmile Experiences 900% Increase In People Seeking Help For Chatroulette Related Issues
- Experts Around The World Warn Parents To Be Vigilant As Cyberbullying Increases During Lockdown
- Body Confidence Influencer Chessie King Announced As Official Cybersmile Ambassador And Media Spokesperson
- Cybersmile Offers Free Digital Education And Support In Response To Coronavirus Crisis
- How To Stay Positive During Lockdown And Self-Isoloation
- Cybersmile Campaigns
- What We Do
- Cybersmile Gaming
- New Three-Digit Mental Health Emergency Hotline Set To Launch Across U.S.
- Catching Up With Zoe Sugg To Discuss Life Online
- Cybersmile And Instagram Announce Anti-Bullying Campaign: Banter or Bullying?
- Cybersmile Publishes National Millennial And Gen Z Study Of Attitudes And Perspectives Toward Social Media Platforms
- Snapchat Announce New Mental Health Intervention Feature
- Gaming Help Center
- Study Links Negative Effects Of Cyberbullying With Serious Mental Health Problems Among Young People
- Understanding Social Media And Mental Health
- Corporate Partnership Program
- Cybersmile Newsroom
- Become A Cybersmile Sustainer