topic of today female gamers, this topic I really need to be careful what I say so forgive me, but this topic always tends to get me angry cause in reality we are all gamers, doesn't matter your race, gender, skin color, we are all gamers, but yet in gaming it still considered a boys club, that women have to prove themselves 100x harder to compete, here are my reactions:
topics will include:
* white knight theory: both good/bad
* What can you do?
* My thoughts
let's begin on the why? Aspect shall we,
- Why? Why are female gamers get more harassed than us males? Well its simple when a female gamer plays, male gamers react different in not a good way, one side is "I HAVE FOUND MY WIFE!!!" cause she plays game, she just wants to have fun and not get bombarded with letters saying hey you are a female can I play with you? or hey want to be my GF? the other side is girls should not be playing games or do anything nerdy? it's more of a boys club.
- Why PT.2? when I go to conventions you see female cosplayers dressing up in their favorite character, yet these female cosplayers get a bad rap too, dressing up too sexy or not being a real nerd/gamer, what I do, is I ask for a picture, there is nothing wrong with that just ask and don't be a creep.
- White knight: the white knight is pretty much how it sounds, just like in fairy tales, white knight comes by and protects the princess or the damsel in distress and gets reward with a kiss, this is a term we use in gaming, to protect female gamer, I myself I am a white knight, the reason being is because I will admit I am overprotected, and when it comes to female gamers it gets me mad, cause you see people acting differently and rude, that when I step in and say enough man and leave us alone all we just want to do is play.
- White knight controversy: while people will please you and say thank you, other male gamers will be mad at you, acting like "oh you are just doing it cause you like her" or " you are just doing it for attention" another problem with the white knight theory is that female gamers don't want someone to protect them, they want to protect themselves, and I'm fine with that, but you can also see why this white knight theory is mix in both side, one side she can handle it for herself, but the other side is yes she can handle herself, but at least there should be someone out there protecting her.
- What can you do? lucky for you, there are sites to help women play in a free environment without getting heckled, one cybersmile, two anykeys which help women be empowered and help them out, there are many sites to help you out, just finding and choosing will be the problem.
- My thoughts: for me a gamer is someone who is playing games, doesn't matter if you are male or female, doesn't matter race or skin color, we are gamers no matter what, in my career I have meet few gamer girls, and yes do they get a bad rap while playing online that they just don't talk and don't want to get abusive messages, for me if you want to prove to me? all you have to do is play games get a understanding, single player or multiplayer, then you got my respect, people should accept gamers no matter what they are.
I will add more to this topic later,
well Monday I'll give you a insight into myself more like a introduction 2.0, ill add more to this topic a bit later, but thank you. Terky out.